“Platinum Ambassador - 150+ Nights a year - Poor for a CP”

Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing
Ranked #268 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have already placed a review on the official IHG Site, so thought I would share it on Trip Advisor.
This hotel falls well short of its Crowne Plaza rating, it was once an Holiday Inn and some sat navs still show it as an Holiday Inn.
I staye here a lot in 2011 and returned in September 2012 for a two night stay.
I stay 4 nights a week in London for work. All in IHG Properties.

Good Points : I aways give hones reviews.
Decor, clean areas - modern areas. 2 mins from Hanger Lane on Central Line.

Bad Points :
Room allocation - Placed in an access room, with sink by my knees. Great for someone who requires the room nd excellent but not for someone who does not, it cause more problems.
Room not cleaned properly. Sleep System still on the bed cover and pillows.
Check-in : They love coach tours!! I think that is primarilly what they have moved to. If you get caught behind one then even royal ambassader you have no chance of getting to the Priority Club Desk.
Bar Area : I tried to watch the tennis one evening, but a group of so called gentlemen were sitting swaring, rude language, sexual suggestions for about half an hour. I could hea them 4 tables way.
Management responce : Room - Sorry nothing else so that's it. The night manager came to the room on the second night and said yesyou are correct and cange the beding herself. She said she would be speaking to housekeeping, so they never changed it for two days before she did. Customers - They have freedom of speech and can say what they want. So its ok to do that in the CP London Ealing Bar.. Duty Manager who I raised these with was not in any way helpful.

Yes I have raised with hotel the above. IHG Responce it is an internal matter they will resolve. Management responce from London Ealing - ZERO nothing!!!

For the price and location - With another 8 CP's to choose from and loads of HI's - I would recommed you choose another..

Room Tip: Try ad Excutive or a least get the type you booked...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear reviewer, I am extremely disappointed to note the negativety of your feedback following your stay with us. I acknowledge that personally, you may not be overly happy getting an accessible bedroom; but the hotel's accessible bedrooms are very tastefully designed to ensure that they are suitable for all guests to use.
I do note your comments on the check-in, housekeeping and the atmosphere in the bar; I wish to finish by apologising that the hotel did not meet your expectations, had we been in a position to offer an upgrade perhaps your stay would have been percieved in a more positive manner.
I do hope that the great majority of other reviews on this site and the official IHG one will show that this is not typical of the Crowne Plaza London Ealing.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We travelled here as a family spending a weekend enjoying the sights in London. We were greeted with a warm welcome and friendly staff that couldnt do enough to make our stay pleasant. We had a club room which was spacious and clean, we also had the advantage of complimentary drinks and snacks.

Breakfast the next day was lovely and again staff were on hand to cook us breakfast items from fresh. The location was right next to hanger lane tube and within 20 minutes we were in central London!

Thanks Crowne Plaza for making us so welcome!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear reviewer, thank you for taking the time to add your very positive feedback.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

After a terrible experience at the Crowne Plaza in Nottingham, I was dismayed when I found I'd booked another in the chain via Expedia's mystery hotel. How wrong I was!

Splendid location opposite Hanger Lane tube station. Huge room that was quiet despite the location. Great staff, great gym, Really clean. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the back.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear reviewer, thank you for adding your feedback. I am very pleased to note that we have restored some faith in the brand.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great location for wembley arena, the number 83 bus just round the corner costs just £2.30 each way -get off at lakeside way and cross the road. The staff were friendly, room clean, beds very comfortable and had everything you need including a bath as well as shower. The only grumble I would say was the breakfast was expensive at £17.50 considering it was buffet style and you had to ask for fried eggs as it was only scrambled on buffet, however they had a great selection including cereal, croissants, fruit etc. I would definitely stay here again it was lovely.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Genevieve W

Dear reviewer, thank you for taking the time to add very positive feedback following your stay with us. I note your comment on the eggs and with the exception of scrambled, we cook them to order to ensure all our guests get them as fresh as possible.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights near the end of October, we had booked a twin room but when we checked in we were told that they could only offer us a double, we were never told in advance that this could be a possibility. Thankfully we were moved to a twin room on the second night. Overall the rooms are very nice, a good size and very comfortable beds. It was very convenient for a trip to Wembley and was right across from the the Hangar Lane stop so it was easy to find but its a bit far from the city centre if you are planning on using it for a base to explore the city.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear reviewer, thank you for adding your feedback. I note your comment about the room type and have checked that your reservation was for a non-descript room. This can be either a twin or double dependant on the hotels availability. I was pleased to read that the staff arranged for you to move to your preferred room type when one was available.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I booked this for my husband & son to share a twin overnight. It was easy to find. Pleasant, friendly reception staff & maids. Good clean, above average rooms. Comfortable, quiet bedrooms. Bus route right outside for Wembley (American football Sun 28.10). They had a good homemade burger each at £11.50 they complained to me about the cost of a pint (well we are from Yorkshire) and their lunch took quite sometime to arrive although the bistro was quiet. (Will add another review about the lack of a decent pint around Wembley itself.) They both would use this hotel again if they needed to return to the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear reviewer, thank you for adding your positive feedback, I am very pleased with your review title. I do acknowledge your comments on the liquor prices and the time taken for the food order.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I last stayed here in June and posted a review and was pleased to see the GM respond.

I stayed for one night again in October.

Check-in was fast and efficient again, as usual. Only minor niggle was they would not let me into the room until 1400, as the hotel was 'full'. It did not seem full and the breakfast room was anything but full the next morning, so I took this to be more about a little bureaucratic 'the computer says so' attitude. However, that was fine for me.

The reception did a great job of taking my luggage off me and looking after it for me until I returned later that evening.

When I got into the room, it was similar to other rooms in the hotel I have had in the past. Fairly roomy and with all the facilities I would expect. Again, the old style CRT TV faced me but it worked fine. Also, I faced the same old fashioned shower curtain but it worked ok as well.

Breakfast was similar - adequate but nothing special. Again, the staff do make it special, trying hard to remember you and what you want. I did think the Cappuccino had improved!

Check-out was great. The staff were efficient, offered to get a taxi for me, looked after the luggage and generally made it easy for me to sort myself out.

I did detect some signs of improvement since June and I will happily stay there again.

Hopefully, the slightly bureaucratic 'rules are rules' approach will disappear and the staff will be allowed to execute their obvious service mindset more.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark H
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear reviewer, thank you again for adding your balanced feedback and I am pleased to note you feel the hotel is improving. I am particularly pleased to note your comments on the staff. I do hope and expect to have a definitive date for a new TV system by early next year.