Myself, partner and daughter stayed here during Easter 2010. Crowne Plaza is IC Groups upmarket hotel chain, and a clear difference in quality could be seen from the Holiday Inn hotels.
Overall the hotel offered a mostly positive experience. However, compared to the Crowne Plaza in Birmingham, where we have also stayed recently, there were a couple of niggles, firstly the double bed at CP Kensington - if you’re used to a King-size this can be a problem, and the towels were not very big, although plenty were left in the bathroom.
The hotel and room were clean, and the decor throughout was immaculate. There was a heat/AC unit, that worked fine, and a small balcony that looked out over the rear gardens of the hotel. The hospitality tray was reasonable, with two bottles of still water, but in a hotel of this calibre I would have hoped for complimentary edibles. There was a fully-stocked minibar, clock-radio, room service, and flat-screen TV.
The predominantly self-service Breakfast is extraordinarily expensive at almost £17 per adult (children eat free), with tea/coffee and toast brought to table. The hot selection was good and the continental offered ham, cheese and fruit and the Danish pastries/croissants were fresh; as with other Crowne Plazas, there were only 3 cereals on offer. If you seek better value, then as other reviews recommend, Garfunkels across the road are doing 2 hot breakfasts for £10 - and this is with a full waitress service too.
The bar service was excellent with very attentive staff, a glass of house white is £5 - typical hotel price, or you can go to Waitrose across the road and buy a bottle of special-offer Chablis for £8!
I think the main positives about this hotel is firstly the location in Kensington - across the road from Gloucester Rd tube station which is on the Piccadilly line, so making all of London very accessible. Also, the clean, modern decor and last but not least the majority of the staff are smiley, approachable, and helpful.
We were lucky enough to be able to use Priority points for this stay, a usual charge per night would be £200+. This is questionable value, but I daresay that all hotels in the immediate vicinity will be charging similar. Overall, a pleasant stay and I would recommend the hotel, and certainly would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a contemporary designed boutique hotel just a stone's throw away from Gloucester Road tube station with direct connectivity from Heathrow Airport (via the Piccadilly line) and from Victoria train station (via the District or Circle line). Harrods, Hyde Park, Natural History Museum, Royal Albert Hall and Science Museum, Earls Court and Olympia Exhibition Centres are few of London's top tourist attractions that are in close proximity to the hotel. Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a perfect hub for shopaholics as Knightsbridge, Sloane Square and the West End are all easily accessible. Retreat and recharge in one of the 162 spacious bedrooms featuring new beds, linen and other facilities such as highspeed broadband internet access and 32 inch flat screen televisions to meet the requirements of a savvy traveller. Of all of Kensington's bars, The Bar seems to be a favourite hang out for locals that end up dining at the Umami restaurant. Crowne Plaza London Kensington boasts over 250 square metres of event spaces that all have natural daylight. The boardroom and garden room overlook the hotels private landscaped garden; a rare sight in a central London hotel. The hotel also has a state of the art fitness suite with the most up to date training equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Jetsetter, Hotel.de, HRS and Reservation Counter so you can book your Crowne Plaza London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Kensington Hotel London
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington England