We checked in early, but as the rooms were not ready decided to have a wander around London and then see a show. Arriving back at the hotel we were given our room key and proceeded to our room. Having booked a deluxe two double bedroom we were surprised to find a standard double. As it was late we chose not to talk to reception as we were only there for the one night. We ate in the bar. I ordered Caesar salad and my husband had a pasta dish with butternut squash in it. The food was lovely and the service was very good.
During the early hours the constant banging of the door from the housekeeping storage room was non stop. On check out our bill was wrong and we advised the receptionist that our room was not as we had requested. She apologised and said they were full the previous night, however if we had been advised on check in that we had not got the room we booked it wouldn't have been much of a problem, but nothing was said on check in.
Overall nice hotel and very close to the tube, however the directions on the website direct you to another tube that is not as close.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a contemporary designed boutique hotel just a stone's throw away from Gloucester Road tube station with direct connectivity from Heathrow Airport (via the Piccadilly line) and from Victoria train station (via the District or Circle line). Harrods, Hyde Park, Natural History Museum, Royal Albert Hall and Science Museum, Earls Court and Olympia Exhibition Centres are few of London's top tourist attractions that are in close proximity to the hotel. Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a perfect hub for shopaholics as Knightsbridge, Sloane Square and the West End are all easily accessible. Retreat and recharge in one of the 162 spacious bedrooms featuring new beds, linen and other facilities such as highspeed broadband internet access and 32 inch flat screen televisions to meet the requirements of a savvy traveller. Of all of Kensington's bars, The Bar seems to be a favourite hang out for locals that end up dining at the Umami restaurant. Crowne Plaza London Kensington boasts over 250 square metres of event spaces that all have natural daylight. The boardroom and garden room overlook the hotels private landscaped garden; a rare sight in a central London hotel. The hotel also has a state of the art fitness suite with the most up to date training equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Kensington Hotel London
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington England