“Nice hotel”

Ranked #127 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We checked in early, but as the rooms were not ready decided to have a wander around London and then see a show. Arriving back at the hotel we were given our room key and proceeded to our room. Having booked a deluxe two double bedroom we were surprised to find a standard double. As it was late we chose not to talk to reception as we were only there for the one night. We ate in the bar. I ordered Caesar salad and my husband had a pasta dish with butternut squash in it. The food was lovely and the service was very good.

During the early hours the constant banging of the door from the housekeeping storage room was non stop. On check out our bill was wrong and we advised the receptionist that our room was not as we had requested. She apologised and said they were full the previous night, however if we had been advised on check in that we had not got the room we booked it wouldn't have been much of a problem, but nothing was said on check in.

Overall nice hotel and very close to the tube, however the directions on the website direct you to another tube that is not as close.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Simon W, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London Kensington, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Kim1807,

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your meal in our hotel bar. Next time you are with us, why not try Umami – our in-house restaurant that offers fine South-East Asian Cuisine.

Please accept my apologies that you did not receive the room you booked. This should not happen and I have mentioned it to our Front Office Manager to review with her team.

I hope we see you again when you are next in London.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Didcot, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights for a corporate event at a nearby venue. There's not really a lot to say about the hotel other than it was perfectly pleasant and more than adequate for the needs I had. The room I had was an end-corridor one, which meant it actually had no adjoining guest rooms, which made it nice and quiet as well as being slightly larger than the regular rooms. It was clean, had all the comforts and what-nots you'd expect in a room of this calibre and with two double-size beds, gave me a choice of sleeping options!

Breakfast was suitably adequate in the main room, although I discovered on day 2 that the club lounge to which my room rate gave me access also served breakfast, which I used a couple of times - I enjoyed the seclusion and whilst the breakfast buffet was smaller than in the main room, it was still well-stocked and enough choice for me. Nice to be able to watch the breakfast news too. This lounge also offered light snacks, drinks and warm amuses bouche later in the day too.

The location is very good for accessing London sights, with the larger museums nearby and the Gloucester Road tube station just across the road. As well as the in-house Umami restaurant there is a good choice of dining nearby, including national chains (Garfunkels, ASK etc) as well as independent and boutique restaurants.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear figbat,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback on your stay with us. I’m pleased that we were able to look after you so well during your time with us.

Our end corridor rooms are actually some of the smallest in the hotel but even these are a very good size compared to other hotels in central London. I’m also pleased that had the chance to enjoy our club lounge. It is indeed the ideal place to relax over breakfast in the morning or with a drink later in the day.

I hope we see you again on your return to London.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed in an Executive double on the fourth floor, overlooking Cromwell Road. The room was very spacious and had an enormous bed. There was a flat-screen TV, iPod docking station, safe, generous storage space, complimentary magazines, luxurious and spacious bathroom (with bath/shower AND separate shower), bathrobes, slippers and This Works toiletries. We asked for a quiet room and there was no noise at all from the busy road below. However, the room was one which can be converted to a suite with an adjoining door (locked) connecting another room. Sadly, the noise insulation between the two rooms was so poor that we felt like the man in the adjacent room was actually in ours. This was such a shame since the room was otherwise fantastic.

Overall the staff were very helpful and friendly, and the hotel is in an excellent location being a minute or so from Gloucester Road, and a short walk from the museums.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sarah G,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Guest feedback allows us to improve our product and the services we offer to ensure each and every guest has a wonderful stay.

I’m pleased to enjoyed that you found your room and that it had all the amenities you expected and please accept my apologies for the poor night’s sleep you experienced. We generally find that most of our connecting doors are well soundproofed but I appreciate that everyone has different tolerance for noise and I have asked our engineers to review these.

Hopefully we can welcome you back shortly!

Lelystad, Netherlands
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my daughter for 3 nights. Had a prepaid offer from their website and could not be happier with the value of the offer.
We had a 2 double bed bedroom with view of garden and church behind hotel.
Very pleasant room, windows could open so nice and fresh.
Would not recommend staying with more then 2 adults because there simply would not be enough space to walk. Excellent for 2 though and would also work with a child.
Great beds, lots of good pillows and bathroom small but clean and with good lightning.
No noisy neighbours or street noise at this side of the hotel.
It is really just across the street from underground with easy and cheap access to heathrow airport. £3 single trip about 40 minutes. Beats the heathrow express because that is a lot more expensive but most of all ends up at paddington, so travel time at least as long.
Only slightly disappointed in breakfast. Small and pretty noisy and "cheap" area of the hotel. Breakfast not spectacular but enough to start your day off in London

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Lilylady50,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I’m very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the view of our lovely one acre garden.

We have found that our twin rooms can be large enough for up to four adults but obviously everyone’s personal preferences will vary. We also offer connecting rooms for guests who prefer a little more space.

I hope we have the chance to welcome you back in the future!

UK
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I had an event in London and picked this hotel because it was close to the venue and because it was near a tube station. I wasn't expecting much from the hotel since years ago it was a so/so hotel but it was part of the Holiday Inn chain so I thought I would give it a try, not to mention the price was not as high as others. The lobby and bar looked nice but I just dropped my bag and headed back out. The room was at the back of the hotel so I had no road noise. The bed was very comfy. The wood furniture was a bit tired. The TV was huge. I had trouble turning it off and it was playing way to loud when I entered the room. If that happens to you call down to reception and they will reboot the system for you. A good sleep and great location for accessing the Tube.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the back and not the front.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Simon W, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London Kensington, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear HKflash,

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us. I'm delighted that you appreciated the changes we have made to our hotel recently. We have a brand new lobby and bar area with an exciting South-East Asian restaurant - Umami.

I'm sorry you experienced some difficulties with your television. As you mentioned, our staff members are happy to resolve this on the rare occasions guests experience problems and I'm pleased that this was handled so professionally for you.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Nashville, TN
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed here about two years ago and was not happy. This time however, the hotel exceeded my expectations in a couple of ways. Service was exemplary. The bar was convenient and inviting and the bartender was great. Morning breakfast was really good. We got a great rate through my company which was £100 less than the neighboring hotels and I am usually loyal to an international chain but could not justify the difference this time. My only disappointment was the room itself. Carpet is old and dirty and the lighting is terrible. They sorely need to update the rooms.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear jmorgan22,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us. I'm very pleased that we have left you with a positive impression of our hotel and especially that our staff looked after you so well.

We have been consistently refurbishing parts of our hotel over the last two years and you will be pleased to hear that our rooms are scheduled to be refreshed next year. I hope we can welcome you back once this is done as I'm sure you will see a big difference.

Tbilisi, Georgia
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

friendly staff... nice clean and cosy room, tasty breakfast and excellent location .. only drawback you can hear other guests moving/closing doors ... the view on garden is wonderful.. it was too cold to enjoy it. but i'm sure it is a small oasis in loud and busy london in summer..

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Simon W, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London Kensington, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Nutsa M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your time with us and thank you very much for your five-star review! We really appreciate it!

I'm sorry that you were disturbed by other guests making noise in the corridor but I'm also pleased that you enjoyed your view across our one-acre garden. I hope we can welcome you back in summer so that you have the chance to truly enjoy it.