Booked 2 Club rooms for 3 nights directly though hotel 2 months in advance, one with 2 double bed and another with King bed with request for close rooms. However, was informed only during check-in that they do not have King bed club rooms and double bed club rooms on the same level and suggested that they change the double bed club room to a deluxe room if we want our rooms on the same floor. This is ridiculous, I paid for a Club room and they feel that they are doing me a service by lowering my room class !!
Upon entry to my Club Double bed room, there is a smell of vomit. I then asked for a change of room but they said that they do not have one avaliable and can only ask housekeeping to spray some air freshener. The smell went away after the spray though. There are also stains on carpets and funiture do not look as new / clean as other Club rooms I have stayed.
The next surprise I get is that no provision of disposable bedroom slippers and that there is only 3 pieces of tissue left in my newly checked in Club room. Slippers were however later provided upon request.
Service at the Club Lounge, however, is excellent with a good selection of drinks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a contemporary designed boutique hotel just a stone's throw away from Gloucester Road tube station with direct connectivity from Heathrow Airport (via the Piccadilly line) and from Victoria train station (via the District or Circle line). Harrods, Hyde Park, Natural History Museum, Royal Albert Hall and Science Museum, Earls Court and Olympia Exhibition Centres are few of London's top tourist attractions that are in close proximity to the hotel. Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a perfect hub for shopaholics as Knightsbridge, Sloane Square and the West End are all easily accessible. Retreat and recharge in one of the 162 spacious bedrooms featuring new beds, linen and other facilities such as highspeed broadband internet access and 32 inch flat screen televisions to meet the requirements of a savvy traveller. Of all of Kensington's bars, The Bar seems to be a favourite hang out for locals that end up dining at the Umami restaurant. Crowne Plaza London Kensington boasts over 250 square metres of event spaces that all have natural daylight. The boardroom and garden room overlook the hotels private landscaped garden; a rare sight in a central London hotel. The hotel also has a state of the art fitness suite with the most up to date training equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Crowne Plaza London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Kensington Hotel London
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington England