Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during half term with our 4 year old. room was ver tired and a bit dated but reasonably clean. The reason I've scored cleanliness low is due to the awful smell coming from the bathroom. It smelled like drains or mustiness. Having complained (twice) they did offer to move us at 9.00pm when we were trying to settle our daughter to bed. We did move but it was only next door as it didn't seem to smell. However, the smell soon appeared in the same way. Wonder if they'd tried to spray and mask it initially. We figured it was due to the fans not working in the bathrooms. After the first night we didn't bother to complain again as we were out all day and sprayed with complimentary pillow spray?! Overall breakfast ok but if you get there towards the end of service there won't be much left as it doesn't seem to get replenished. No croissants or bacon left when we arrived at 9.30. Service was hit and miss when ordering coffee, asking for milk etc. We had a two double bed room for 3 of us. Beds a bit on the small side for a hotel of this cost but I guess that's what we booked. Beds were hard though. We thought we got a good price of £370 for 2 nights inc breakfast, given the location but wouldn't stay again. Quick lunch at Paul's across the road recommended though and it's only a short walk to museums.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a contemporary designed boutique hotel just a stone's throw away from Gloucester Road tube station with direct connectivity from Heathrow Airport (via the Piccadilly line) and from Victoria train station (via the District or Circle line). Harrods, Hyde Park, Natural History Museum, Royal Albert Hall and Science Museum, Earls Court and Olympia Exhibition Centres are few of London's top tourist attractions that are in close proximity to the hotel. Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a perfect hub for shopaholics as Knightsbridge, Sloane Square and the West End are all easily accessible. Retreat and recharge in one of the 162 spacious bedrooms featuring new beds, linen and other facilities such as highspeed broadband internet access and 32 inch flat screen televisions to meet the requirements of a savvy traveller. Of all of Kensington's bars, The Bar seems to be a favourite hang out for locals that end up dining at the Umami restaurant. Crowne Plaza London Kensington boasts over 250 square metres of event spaces that all have natural daylight. The boardroom and garden room overlook the hotels private landscaped garden; a rare sight in a central London hotel. The hotel also has a state of the art fitness suite with the most up to date training equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, IHG, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Crowne Plaza London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Kensington Hotel London
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington England