“Good location.”

Crowne Plaza London Kensington
Ranked #118 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Staff at front desk was friendly. Room is small but nice, clean and modern. Toiletries are great, with aromatherapy based. There is a nice little courtyard at the back of this hotel. Location is great, very near the underground. There are nice cafes and restaurants nearby, there is even a Tesco. I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Firesurfer75
GenManager_CPKen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Firesurfer 75
Thank you for reviewing our hotel and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay here. For the benefit of other readers, I would just point out that the nice little courtyard referred to, is in fact a 1 acre lawned garden - a unique feature for a central London hotel.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza London Kensington

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We arrived at the hotel and the receptionist was very helpful checking us in early even though the room wasn't ready. We left our luggage and ate opposite at Garfunkel's. Came back and went straight to our room. Very plush, with dark wood furnishings and wall mounted TV. Massive bed, modern bathroom and a bath/shower plus another shower which was great. Double glazing made for a good night's sleep and only woken by the occasional siren which no double glazing can stop. Good air con and you are going to need it, even in mid October since room quite warm due to double glazing.

Room service continental breakfast about £15 per head included toast, lots of pastries, orange juice and tea. Very nice indeed and pleasant lady who served us. Two minor niggles; the shower door wouldn't close fully and one of the rotary controls fell off. Not many hotels these days are perfect. For those of you going to Earls Court this is a great location. So close to Gloucester Road tube station as well. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: If facing the road, interesting for people watching but a little noisy sometimes.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank spencerallen

Dear Gadgetgeezer
Thank you for leaving your feedback following your recent stay with us. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you found the hotel so comfortable.
Our great location does include a lot of restaurants very close by, including Garfunkles, but next time why not try Umami, a great Asian restaurant featuring a selection of authentic dishes from Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam; the entrance is just next door to the hotel and meals can be charged to your room account in the hotel.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights in early Sep 2012, and were very impressed with the staff, esp Giorgio in the Club Lounge and Daniella in Reception. Arriving very early in the morning after more than 24 hours flying, the staff could not have been more helpful in organising shower facilities, luggage storage and a room upgrade. The Club rooms and lounge were superb, as was the attitude of the staff in adressing food allergy issues. Location was excellent for visiting Hyde Park, Shopping in Sloane St and the Portobello Antiques Market. We will stay again in this hotel.

Room Tip: Street gacing rooms are double glazed, however rooms at the back of the hotel face the nice quiet ga...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hugh C
GenManager_CPKen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Hugh C
Thank you for your feedback, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff so helpful, especially Giorgio and Daniella.
We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

My family and I (four in total) shared a room for two nights and could not fault the hotel. Slightly surprised that there was no conditioner in the room which was not ideal with three long haired girls washibg their hair, but house-keeping came to the rescue. I rarely eat in hotel restaurants, but the Thai restaurant is very good indeed! Highly reccomended

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear DavidM
Thank you for leaving a review of your stay with us. I am deligted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially that you liked our new Asian restaurant, Umami. For other readers benefit, Umami only opened this spring and features a range of authentic dishes from Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia.
We look forward to seeing you back with us again soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was the perfect location!!
We arrived way too early to get into our room but at least checked in and left our bags with the concierge. Next time I go to London and am arriving at 6:30am, I plan on booking a room for the night before so I can get into the room and sleep. We had flown from MSP-BOS on the 7am flight so got up at 4am. Our flight from BOS-LHR didn't leave until almost 7pm. So it was a REALLY long day and we weren't nearly as rested as we had hoped while we went exploring.
The front desk guy, I can't remember his name....it was like Eduardo...something like that. He was soooooo awesome!!! He brought me outside to show me which way to go. He was the nicest one out of all the front desk that we encountered. There was one young female that did greet us when we came back one night after dinner. But she was the only other one that paid any attention to us coming or going.
Our room was facing the courtyard and the view was beautiful! I loved that you could open the door and listen to the birds and get fresh air. And we were close to the elevator which was so good for my mom. I am a bit of a wingnut and had looked everywhere for the hairdryer. I looked everywhere except the desk drawer in the sleeping area. So got that figured out when I called housekeeping and she let me know where to find it =)
The shower also took us a while to figure out. Lighting was really lacking in the bathroom and was a bit better in the room. But we managed alright.
If you do not have an adapter for your curling iron or what not, they do have them available for you. We wound up not needing one, because the bathroom did have a plug in that worked with our stuff.
For location: WOW! Just a quick turn and walk to the hotel. Lots of eating choices nearby and I loved Tesco!!!! If you take the hop on hop off bus tour, the stop is right there at Gloucester Rd station. Perfect!
We plan on coming back again in March or April and this hotel will be our first choice!

Room Tip: Courtyard view is wonderful. Unless there are screaming kids running around outside and your door is...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 4ThatLuv2Travel

Dear 4thatluvtotravel
Thank you for leaving feedback on your recent stay with us. I am so glad that, like many other reviewers, you felt able to give us a 5/5 rating and that you will be coming back again in March or April.
So sorry that you had to play hunt the hairdryer. In all our rooms they are in the dressing table drawer as there is a large mirror just above it.
We look forward to seeing you again in the new year.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I booked this hotel because I have stayed in Crowne Plaza hotels before and also for the location. The hotel was a disaster for start to finish, however, I will only comment on the one biggest error of all. I honestly have to advise you NOT to stay in this hotel if you are planning a late arrival time. I booked my 10 night stay directly with the hotel and specifically stated late checking-in time – I was assured that it would not be a problem. I specifically called Crowne Plaza reservations directly to ensure that the late arrival message was relayed – no middle man, no discount website etc. We arrived after midnight (later than anticipated due to delay in Heathrow airport) to notice the concierge running away for the door, we had to heave 4 extremely heavy suitcases up steps and into reception. The receptionist told us that we didn’t have a reservation for the night as the hotel was fully booked. They didn’t even have the foresight to prioritise the customers who were staying 10 nights. We were shoved into a car and driven to London Bridge Hotel (fantastic hotel, so professional and Crowne Plaza should learn a few tips on customer service from them) but the driver didn’t know where he was going, got lost and then excepted us to get out of the car and find our own way to hotel with all our bags??! Where was the hidden camera? The whole experience was just so insulting bad from start to finish that we cut our stay short and departed early. The final insult of all was at check-out. The hotel had the audacity to charge us for the night accommodation that we did not stay in the hotel. Oh and they also charged us for the ‘complimentary’ breakfast they extended to us as an apology for the over booking. There are plenty of hotels on offer in the Kensington area and please please consider booking them ahead of Crowne Plaza.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Munch09

Dear Munch09
I am very sorry that we were unable to accommodate you and your friend on the first night of your stay with us and that we had to move you to another hotel when you arrived; I fully apreciate how frustrating this must have been so late at night and after a long journey.
I know that my Hotel Manager did do his very best to make the rest of your stay with us comfortable and that he gave you an upgraded room as well as access to our club lounge which offers a complimentary breakfast and early evening bar. He also arranged for all your international telephone calls to be on a complimentary basis as well as internet access.
I was very surprised to hear that the taxi that took you to the London Bridge Hotel did not know the way and that he asked you to get out and walk - that is most unusual since London taxi drivers are reknowned for their knowledge and the tough exam they have to go through. I hope you did not encounter any difficulty with the taxi we arranged to bring you back to our hotel the next day or the complimentary cab we arranged to take you to your meetings.
It is a shame you did not take up the offer we made to you to have dinner on us in our new Asian restaurant as I am sure you would have enjoyed it. Umami offers a range of authentic dishes from Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia and it has been getting very good reviews since it opened in March.
I hope that your experience on this occassion will not deter you from using Crowne Plaza Hotels again in the future.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Our family stayed here for 3 nights 21st to24th September 2012 having stayed many times before.
The hotel has been re furbished to a very high standard with attractive public, lounge and bar areas.
The staff were pleasant and helpful.
Our bedroom was more than adequate for 3 adults having two large double beds. Bathroom facilities were fine but some brighter lights would be useful. Also the shaving mirror was a non starter, in the wrong place and not adjustable enough.
Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice either continental or full English.
Tube station Gloucester road and bus services to the West End on the doorstep.
All the major museums and the Royal Albert Hall are within walking distance.
Plenty of places to eat in the vicinity of the hotel.
Our family always feel comfortable staying at this hotel and have never encountered problems.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Barry M

Dear Barry M
Thank you for leaving feedback on our hotel, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the recent refurbishment.
I'm sorry that you found the shaving mirror was in the wrong place and couldn't be adequately adjusted, I'm not sure which room you were in, but will ask our housekeeper to check all the shaving mirrors to see if there are any that appear to be in the wrong position so that we can correct it.