I booked this hotel because I have stayed in Crowne Plaza hotels before and also for the location. The hotel was a disaster for start to finish, however, I will only comment on the one biggest error of all. I honestly have to advise you NOT to stay in this hotel if you are planning a late arrival time. I booked my 10 night stay directly with the hotel and specifically stated late checking-in time – I was assured that it would not be a problem. I specifically called Crowne Plaza reservations directly to ensure that the late arrival message was relayed – no middle man, no discount website etc. We arrived after midnight (later than anticipated due to delay in Heathrow airport) to notice the concierge running away for the door, we had to heave 4 extremely heavy suitcases up steps and into reception. The receptionist told us that we didn’t have a reservation for the night as the hotel was fully booked. They didn’t even have the foresight to prioritise the customers who were staying 10 nights. We were shoved into a car and driven to London Bridge Hotel (fantastic hotel, so professional and Crowne Plaza should learn a few tips on customer service from them) but the driver didn’t know where he was going, got lost and then excepted us to get out of the car and find our own way to hotel with all our bags??! Where was the hidden camera? The whole experience was just so insulting bad from start to finish that we cut our stay short and departed early. The final insult of all was at check-out. The hotel had the audacity to charge us for the night accommodation that we did not stay in the hotel. Oh and they also charged us for the ‘complimentary’ breakfast they extended to us as an apology for the over booking. There are plenty of hotels on offer in the Kensington area and please please consider booking them ahead of Crowne Plaza.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a contemporary designed boutique hotel just a stone's throw away from Gloucester Road tube station with direct connectivity from Heathrow Airport (via the Piccadilly line) and from Victoria train station (via the District or Circle line). Harrods, Hyde Park, Natural History Museum, Royal Albert Hall and Science Museum, Earls Court and Olympia Exhibition Centres are few of London's top tourist attractions that are in close proximity to the hotel. Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a perfect hub for shopaholics as Knightsbridge, Sloane Square and the West End are all easily accessible. Retreat and recharge in one of the 162 spacious bedrooms featuring new beds, linen and other facilities such as highspeed broadband internet access and 32 inch flat screen televisions to meet the requirements of a savvy traveller. Of all of Kensington's bars, The Bar seems to be a favourite hang out for locals that end up dining at the Umami restaurant. Crowne Plaza London Kensington boasts over 250 square metres of event spaces that all have natural daylight. The boardroom and garden room overlook the hotels private landscaped garden; a rare sight in a central London hotel. The hotel also has a state of the art fitness suite with the most up to date training equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Kensington Hotel London
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington England