“The Best Hotel In London”

Ranked #519 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 29, 2009

It's the best hotel I saw it in London this is my sixth trip to London I spend 12 Nights at this hotel , nice location ,nice breakfast, nice staff, nice room and modern stile, I arrived at 10 AM and they provide me the room upon arrival after long flight trip, bus number 94 & 148 (24/7) buses just in the front of hotel door 15 minutes to oxford street and 20 mints to pecadelyand mayfer, Westfield mall just 5 minutes walking from the hotel, many coffee shops and nice food near the hotel i liked the aria really, when i checked out they allowed me to sit till 3 PM and they keep my luggage till 8 PM because my flight was at 11 PM, really I recommend this hotel for everybody want to visit London, room size is average for London hotel and it's perfect for 2 persons :).

Thanks Hilton Kensington for making my trip so nice.

I love Hilton Kensington :)

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank hajeri
Hilton-Kensington, Kensington Cares Team at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2009

Dear Reviewer,

We are delighted to read your feedback and are so pleased we met and exceeded your expectations on your long stay with us.

We look forward to your return visit to Kensington!

Reviewed October 26, 2009

Very nicely appointed hotel. Room (1006 on the first floor) was v. clean, not super-large but comfortable. Breakfast buffet was good. My only criticism was that the toilet cistern took a long time to refill which meant you had to wait around 15 mins or so before being able to flush again.

The hotel is technically just inside the Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, but a more accurate appellation would be the Hilton Shepherd's Bush as it is a stone's throw from Shepherd's Bush tube and so is extremely well situated for the Westfield shopping centre and venues like the Shepherd's Bush Empire (we stayed at the hotel after going to a gig there). Being right next to a Central line tube station means it's well placed for access to central London too. If you're looking for a hotel in this area, I'd recommend staying here.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Hilton-Kensington, Kensington Cares Team at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2009

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you liked your room and enjoyed breakfast.

We are sorry to hear about the toilet flush and will get this checked as it should not take so long to fill up.

We are very close to Shepherd's Bush and are on Holland Park Avenue but still fall under the Kensington bracket and council region.

Thank you for choosing to recommend us to others.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 23, 2009

We stayed here when in London for a couple of days prior to Easter. I found the stay amazing and so helpful, a great London hotel experience which I would recommend to anyone. Breakfast was well organised, no panicing, great selection of food (fresh food that is) and very attentive staff. We used the bar, restaurant and executive lounge and I found all departments really friendly, efficient and welcoming. Will definitely be staying here again on my next visit to London and as somebody who travels and uses hotels frequently this goes to the top of my list for great service and helpful staff in very relaxing surroundings.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Hilton-Kensington, Kensington cares team at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2009

Dear Reviewer,

We are very pleased to read of your favourable stay at the hotel and that you will be choosing to stay with us again.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed October 17, 2009

where do I start? myself and my girlfriend booked up this hotel for a week prior to a concert we were attending at wembley arena.

First of all. Car parking. there is a large car park underneath the hotel. But that priviledge will set you back £30 for 24 hours. Meaning it would have cost me £180 to park my car for the amount of time I spent there! I ended up having to park at a lower price car park in the middle of canary wharf (about 40 minutes train ride away) for £50 for the week! But of course then I was spending the entire week worrying about my car! Not to mention the fact I had to drop cases and my girlfriend off, drive slap bang through the middle of london and out the other side to canary wharf, drop the car off and get two trains back to the hotel again!

Next up the room. Nothing wrong with that. Quite spectacular actually. I decided to splash out on an executive room as a treat. This plus breakfast and dinner came to £1100. Not mentioned on the website at all however is the fact that the evening meal is from a set menu with VERY limited choice. Maybe something for the non veil and duck lovers amongst us would have been a better bet. Despite paying for a weeks meals, we only actually had our dinner there for the first night because of this. Maybe if it had been on the site I would have just opted for bed and breakfast.

Now for the best part. When I stayed here, I was 22 and my girlfriend was 18. So I checked in, and was immediately told of a "deposit" of £50 which I had to pay by debit card or cash before they would give me the room. This despite me being 3rd in a queue of people checking in, but yet being the only person asked to pay this deposit! why is that I wonder?! When asked why I was told it was a policy. Asking why no-one else had been asked to pay this deposit drew a blank response of either pay the deposit or we cannot give you the room. hmm.

Even better. on no less than 7 occasions(!) I was asked by security if I was supposed to be in the hotel, and was asked to present my keycard as proof. You can imagine the embarrassment of paying over £1000 for an executive room and everytime you enter the hotel, you are asked to prove that you are allowed in, in front of other guests. Also upon entering the executive lounge...which someone seen me open with my keycard, I was asked at the other side to prove I had an executive room and was allowed in there!

I get the feeling unless you pull up in a BMW driven by your butler and aged over 45 you are NOT welcomed by the staff at this hotel!

On the 7th night of my stay, I swapped to a bog standard hotel for the concert - the premier inn at wembley. We were treated a LOT better by the staff there, the food was a LOT better and I could park my car for a fiver a night!...directly under the hotel! The best park was, the standard room there was bigger and just as nice as my executive room at the hilton. despite being half the price!

The hilton kensington could learn a lot from the premier inn!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank n0rthrnd4rkness

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. We are concerned to read of your disappointment.

On arrival an authorisation is required of guests credit cards unless the booking has been paid in full prior to arrival and no guest room services are going to be used such as access to the minibar, telephone etc.

Car park information and charges are available on our website for guests to review prior to arrival.

We are pleased you liked the Executive room you booked with the added benefit of the Executive Lounge. Complimentary continental breakfast is available in the Lounge however for a wider variety Executive guests can still have breakfast in WestEleven next door.

We would like to apologise for the amount of times you were asked for ID in the Executive Lounge. We appreciate this was embarrasing and inconvenient and we appreciate this being brought to our attention.

Thank you once again for your feedback which has been shared with the team.

Reviewed October 16, 2009

Just back from a long weekend here at the Hilton Kensington. Stunning hotel. Nothing a bother to the staff. Found evryone helpful and cheery. I'm struggling to understand many of the strange reviews on this site. Re; underground stations? Where were you actually staying as it certainly wasn't this.
Restaurant:
Breakfast; Good service. Good food.
Dinner; Exellent! Food was delicious and staff (special mention for Chandrahas!) exceptional. This restaurant should be alot busier as the chef is quite obviously very skilled.
Yes, the rooms aren't the biggest I've ever stayed in but, you're in London for goodness sake! Land's at a premium!

Thank you Hilton Kensington for such a wonderful stay.....hope to see you soon!

• Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank tracyanne
Reviewed October 12, 2009

This hotel was conveniently located by Gloucester station; therefore, if you are traveling to and from Heathrow and you are traveling by tube (about 45 minutes), this is a convenient location to stay. The hotel should be considered a 3 star (not 4 star). This is a high traffic hotel where large tour groups stay. As long as you are not on the same floor as them, the rooms should be relatively quiet. The check-in/check-out process was fast and the concierge was very helpful. This hotel is also near Kensington Park, which is beautiful. Since the hotel does not offer free wifi, you can go to nearby internet cafes to access internet. There is also a pharmacy next to Gloucester station if you need to buy bottled water. The restaurant onsite had a good menu. My husband and I had dinner the first night we arrived there and enjoyed it very much (the mussels were great!).

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ChristiSeattle
Hilton-Kensington, The Kensington Cares Team at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2009

Dear Reviewer,

We believe this review is based on another hotel. Our closest tube stops are Holland Park and Shepherd's Bush on the central line. Our closest parks are Holland Park and Hyde Park.

We hope this helps.

Reviewed October 8, 2009

On a "first class" group tour; thus the big city hotel was not well located. 20 minute walk to the nearest underground station.

• Stayed: September 2009
Hilton-Kensington, The Kensington Cares Team at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2009

Dear Reviewer,

With regards to the closest underground station, we are lucky to have two options:

On exiting the front door and turning right, Holland Park underground station is a straight 8 minute walk or turning left Shepherd's Bush underground station is 5 minutes walk.

We are sorry to learn of your long walk and do hope the rest of your stay was pleasant.