“Far From Underground Station”

Ranked #476 of 1,088 Hotels in London
New York, NY
“Far From Underground Station”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

On a "first class" group tour; thus the big city hotel was not well located. 20 minute walk to the nearest underground station.

• Stayed September 2009
Hilton-Kensington, The Kensington Cares Team at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, October 12, 2009
Dear Reviewer,

With regards to the closest underground station, we are lucky to have two options:

On exiting the front door and turning right, Holland Park underground station is a straight 8 minute walk or turning left Shepherd's Bush underground station is 5 minutes walk.

We are sorry to learn of your long walk and do hope the rest of your stay was pleasant.

Hilton London Kensington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (565)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kent
Reviewed October 7, 2009

I spent three night at this Hilton. My rooms was not very big but it was clean tidy and had everything that i needed. Our door key kept not working and staff were very quick to sort it out. Didnt use any of the facilites or eat in the hotel. Really close to westfields for shopping!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KentHkc
Hilton-Kensington, Kensington Cares Team at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, October 8, 2009
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased you found your room clean and tidy. Room sizes are determined by the shape of the building.

We are sorry to learn of the difficulties with your room key but are pleased to learn of the quick follow-up.

Thank you for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed September 28, 2009

Clean hotel and decent room, but no better than many cheaper hotels that I have stayed in.

Breakfast is overpriced, but there are several places nearby (including a Weatherspoons pub)

The location is good for the underground. It is 5 minutes walk to Shepherds Bush Underground or slightly further to Holland Park.

I paid £80 per night for 4 nights (room only) through Travelocity Secret Hotels. I realise that this is a good deal for the Hilton, but it was still overpriced. I would rather have stayed in a 2* or 3* hotel with breakfast included.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dave_Glasgow_1979
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased your liked your room and location and got a good deal.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Saudi Arabia
Reviewed September 27, 2009

Hilton London Kensington is nice hotel, nice area, as it is close to westfiled shopping centre, but the service is too bad, I am still in staying at the hotel (Room 6009) as my check out will be on Oct. 02, 2009.

This is my first time in Hilton as I am Marriott member since 1988, but I really miss the service at Marriott. at the Hilton Kensington I keep calling the house keepering every day to ask them to finished uncompeleted job at my room.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Hilton-Kensington, The Kensington Cares Team at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, September 28, 2009
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your comments. We have a Duty Manager available 24 hours for any issues arising during your stay.

Our Executive Housekeeper has been given a copy of your feedback and we trust from today onwards your room is made up to your satisfaction.

Enjoy the rest of your stay with us!

Northampton
Reviewed September 26, 2009

Stayed here for a couple of nights . Had stayed here many years ago, hotel much more modern now.

Hotel is just in Congestion charge zone. Problem getting in to Car Park with barrier. Dealt with eventually with complete lack of charm.

Room fine for the price, this is usually amongst the cheaper 4* Hiltons in London and is near to new shopping centre, and was quiet.

Decent enough breakfast if you remember that less than £10 per person is allocated.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank BasilsTravels
melbourne
Reviewed September 25, 2009

I stayed in this hotel after a trafalgar tour on 31 August 09 for 4 days and before the tour on 190809. The staff in this hotel treated me extremely well and made my stay extremely comfortable. Their customer service is impeccable and excellent. I was quite nervous after the tour on 310809 -being alone and this being my first visit to London. However, the concierge, front desk, staff at the West Eleven restaurant plus the cleaners from this Hotel did everything possible to make me feel comfortable and at home. Rashid, Sofiane, Khoo and others of the concierge helped me choose tours for London,taught me how to get around by bus and even called security and the police for me when I was harassed by a beggar near the hotel. I have yet to experience such wonderful service in any hotel I have stayed at and if there is any word that exceeds excellent, I would use it to describe the service I had receive. The front desk too provided excellent service. When I arrived from Australia to Hilton at 6:30am on 190809 I was about to physically collapse from the long trip.I told the front desk about it. They went out of their way to get me a room by 8am so that I can shower and sleep before I collapse. They were so good about it that I even received a call to see if I am happy about the room and if I am ok. Such service deserves an award and if there is an award that this hotel can get, I will be the first to recommend it.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank fifi188853
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your rave review on your recent stay with us!!

We are delighted to read such positive comments about the Concierge, Front Desk and Restaurant team, in particular, Khosho, Rachid and Sofiane.

We do try our best to have rooms ready especially for our overseas guests who travel thousands of miles to stay with us.

Thank you for recommending us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

on the go
Reviewed September 25, 2009

Me and my partner stayed at the Hilton Kensington last weekend and having a paid a price of £148 inc. breakfast (booked direct through the Hilton website - this was the cheapest I could find it at last minute) I have to say I was a little dissappointed, particularly after noticing that in a recent review somebody mentioned they paid £68 inc. breakfast.

Our main disappointment was the size of our room, I had read previous reviews and noticed a few people had also mentioned this, but thought how bad could it be, I realised when we got to our room exactly what they were talking about, I dont think I have stayed in a hotel with such a small room, it was literally a box and a tiny bathroom with just a shower (no bath). It felt very claustrophobic and while I appreciate you do not spend all the time in the room, when youve had a busy day shopping in london and you want to relax for a couple of hours before you go out, when your in this small and pokey room its not very good. I wouldnt have thought the size would have bothered me but it really did!

The location of this hotel is pretty good if you are not bothered about getting on the tube, with shepherds bush tube being the nearest and holland park in the other direction. If you walk up to holland park tube there are a few nice little bistro's/eating places to go to. There is also westfield park literally opposite, which is a really nice shopping centre (with some great food places to eat).

The hotel has a car park underneath and there seemed to be plently of parking spaces and safe- it cost £30 for 24 hours (dont forget to get your ticket stamped when you check out) which I thought was pricey but this is pretty standard for hotel parking in London.

We opted for the breakfast, which was pretty good, although we had to que for about 15 minutes which was a bit annoying, but still a really nice breakfast, with everything from a full english to cereals and fruit.

My overall opinion of this hotel is basically if you can get a good price, i.e £68 inc breakfast then that is great, I would not however recommend this hotel for the price we paid (nearly £150 inc. b/f) for a standard double room, I know there are a lot nicer hotels for the money. For the price we paid I would rather have saved my money and booked in a premier travel inn for half the price and probably a bigger room!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank liblar
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your comments.
Our room sizes are pretty much the same size and we are sorry this did not meet your expectations. Due to the shape of the hotel some rooms are smaller than others and we apologise for any discomfort caused.

"Special offer" rates are available every now and then online so do keep a look out and booking early can reduce room rates.

We are lucky enough to be conveniently located in the quieter part of town but still within easy access of central London.

We are pleased you enjoyed breakfast and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.