“I am a Hilton Gold VIP not a good service”

Hilton London Kensington
Ranked #506 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 27, 2006

This is a copy of the letter i sent to the help i did not like the customer service

1.I called the hotel and asked where the nearest tube station was. I was then told that it was high street Kensington which was wrong I then had to pay for yet another tube ticket to get me to shepherds bush.
2.I put some chocolate in the mini bar as it was melting. when I got back the mini bar was locked I was staying in room 4028 I reported this to the front desk at 9pm and was told that the system said that the minibar was unlocked but would not let me access it . I woke up and the mini bar was still not fixed. I went down to the front desk and was told that someone would come and look at it. .I is still waiting for the person to come and look at it. And I am Still waiting for that person to turn up . So off to the exec lounge to see what they can do. She call the maintenance department and they said that some one would come and look at it I waited 60min and they went back to my room. The minibar still was not fixed. Therefore, I went to the front desk again and spoken to Shailesh who said again that they will send someone up and will change my room to 7013. Jackson turns up and pushed a button on a remote that fixed it in 5 min why was this not done at 9pm on Friday.
3. When staying at the hotel there was a comp breakfast with in the exe room well I was not able to user the exe lounge for breakfast Saturday and Sunday as it was full. I had to go and pay for breakfast some where else,
4.I reported this to front desk on the check out and was told that they will get the duty manager to call me on my cell phone I am still awaiting that call.
I was looking at becoming a shareholder with in the hotel and I am having second thoughts.
I have stayed at the London metropol, the service was great, and I would think of the same service from all Hilton hotels

• Stayed: February 2005
6  Thank pete1769
Write a ReviewReviews (4,440)

Reviewed February 21, 2006

Just got back from 2 nights at the Kensington Hilton I bought this through Priceline for $68 a great buy worth a lot more.
I knew where this hotel was situated so it was not a problem there is a bus stop outside and across the road that will take you to Notting Hill or Oxford St.5 min walk to Holland Park tube which is the Central line. There are some very expensive restaurants in Holland Park and a Burger (Tooties) Place. If you want to be in a quite location then this is OK but if your looking for the hustle and bustle immediately outside then NO. You have Sherperds Bush 5 mins to your left or Holland Park on your right everything else is a (small) bus a tube ride away. The hotel was pretty grand for a $68 London hotel .Great front staff,rooms were a real good size compared with other London hotels very good size in deed we were surprized,Clean,Bathroom, Comfortable beds A very good experience I would have loved to have stayed our other two days but they were free with BA at the Paddington Court which was TINY.

• Stayed: February 2006
5  Thank Brats
Reviewed February 1, 2006

The first thing is that this hotel is a long way from the fashionable shopping area of Kensington. It's actually in a not particularly attractive area of Holland Park. I have to say it was a long way down the list of places myself and my partner have stayed in. The foyer area was dark and uninviting and the first room we were given was on one of the upper floors and obviously hadn't been used for a while. There was a bloodstain on the carpet and a cracked tile in the bathroom. We asked for another room which was OK, but nothing special.
Breakfast in the morning was quite an experience. We were directed down to the bowels of the hotel where a long queue was forming (outside of the breakfast room itself!) just to get in. I understand this was a temporary arrangement while the main breakfast room was being refurbished, but this had not been explained to us and was really unacceptable. The room in which we (eventually) ate breakfast was a large conference room without any windows. The staff seemed completely overworked, often speaking poor English, and the quality of the food was certainly not what one would expect from a (supposedly) premier London hotel. Especailly as they charged London prices for food and drink. I wrote to Hilton customer service after our stay and received a standard type response - I guess they must be used to it.
Don't think just becuase it's a Hilton hotel in a posh sounding area it's necessarily going to be any good.

10  Thank JLD51
Reviewed January 22, 2006

I stayed at the London Kensington Hilton for only one night. i had to stay at this hotel as it was part of a package i bought with an Eric Clapton concert in the Royal Albert Hall.
This is a hotel with no character at all!
The rooms are old and with problems and the bathrooms too. There is nothing in particular to mention about this hotel as it is the meaning of an average hotel!
Far from the city center with not good facilities and a not polite staff. Maybe because our stay there it was a package.
Anyway when i return to London i will try to avoid this hotel.
There are better hotels in the town closer to the center and in very good prices.

• Stayed: May 2004
9  Thank Christos V
A TripAdvisor Member
London UK
Reviewed January 1, 2006

I stayed at this hotel from the 30th of December to the 2nd of January with my elderly parents . I'd originally found a very favourable rate using an internet company which included a twin guest room with a foldaway bed and breakfast. On checking in I was told I had been given a complimentary room for no extra charge. The rooms and bathrooms were pristine and in good condition. The beds were extremely comfortable and temperature control units were provided in each room. Breakfasts were an absolute treat-a huge selection of food to suit all tastes ! The staff were friendly and attentive but not over-bearing. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to any of my friends or family.Buses (94 and 148) pass frequently to stops just outside the hotel and travelling between to and from the West End is not difficult. The only negative would be a slightly smoky lobby.

14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 28, 2005

We just returned from seven days in London, spending four of the nights at the Kensington Hilton on Holland Park Ave. We had been warned that it was out of town and out of the way. Not true! We had a bus stop directly across the street from us and a tube stop only blocks away. The room was spacious by European standards, with two restaurants to choose from. Concierge desk was helpful as was the front desk. We did switch to the Hilton Mews for one of our last nights in London--a mistake! Tiny room, old facility. One might call it cozy, to us it was cramped. It is located right off of Park Lane, but offered no real advantage to us. We should have stayed in Kensington. Next time we'll know. We would recommend the Kensington Hilton.

18  Thank RobinandBurton
Reviewed November 27, 2005

I just returned home from a vacation to Europe that include a 3 night stay at the Hilton Kensington. Based on the quality of the room and the price I paid through priceline ($75 US), I was more than satisified with my stay. The room was clean, updated and modern. The staff was very helpful (a much needed corkscrew was delivered in under a minute!) and the workout facilities were top notch. I would wind down the cold days with a break in the steam and sauna rooms.

Overall, a great experience for the price. Located in a quiet residential neighborhood with access to authentic pubs and restaurants, and close to Holland and Hyde parks. You can take the #94 and #148 buses to nearly every major tourist attraction.

Stayed: November 2005