“Convenient location and friendly service”

Hilton London Kensington
Ranked #505 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This hotel is only a short walk from Shepherds Bush tube on the Central line.

The reception staff were friendly and efficient. Room was good with kingsize bed and complimentary tea/ coffee and mineral water. The room had complimentary bath robes and slippers.

The one improvement I would have suggested was a better shower as there wasn't much head room when standing in the bath and I'm only 5' 11".

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear RovingPotter,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was delighted to learn that you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us.

I was, however, sorry to learn that you were unable to have as spacious a shower as you would have hoped. When making your next reservation, it might be worth specifying that you would prefer to have a standing shower as opposed to a bath with shower. It will no doubt provide you will more headroom!

Once again, many thanks for your kind feedback we look forward to welcoming you both back to Hilton London Kensington!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We stayed there with a group, and extended by a night on our own. The last night our group was there we returned to a room with a handwritten picture of male genitals on our table with a slang name for them on the Hilton note pad on the desk. We were never given any explanation as to who was in our room or responsible for it. After we left, the hotel double charged us for the one night in the room. I am now spending money to make international calls to clear up the billing issue. Recommend you avoid this hotel. It didn't feel safe that someone had access to our room to draw such pictures, and the facilities are certainly not worth the hassle.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank KBK0473

Dear KBK0473

I was disturbed to read your review on Trip Advisor, as I had thought the Manager on Duty had spoken to you with an explanation of the what our investigation and that of the police had been. I do apologise that this was all we were able to learn and share with you if you were expecting further information. We are looking into your comments regarding double charging, if you would be so kind as to contact my personal assistant - holly.randal@hilton.com we will assist you in clarifying your billing issue immediately.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We chose this hotel because it is local to our son's university accomodation. We arrived late on the Friday evening and the check in was very efficient. Beware that the room price does not include breakfast, obviously to keep the offer price seem more competitive. We decided to order breakfast for the next morning only, then decide what to do for the following mornings. After having breakfast, we were more than happy to order for the rest of our stay. Whether you prefer a full english or continental breakfast, we were spoilt for choice. The only criticism we had was that the tables and chairs were too close together, so it made it difficult to navigate between the buffet and table. The room had everything that you expect in a four star hotel, even a full sze ironing board. I've never seen so high a bed that wasn't a four poster. The bathroom was compact, but again, it had everything necessary. One slight criticism, I'm glad I'm not taller than 1,88m (6'-2") because I would have had to stoop while showering, standing in the bath. Others have criticised the intrusive street noise, we had a room facing a busy road and were not too aware of a sound outside. We shall be returning to London in June and will more than likely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on our hotel following your family’s stay.

I must thank you for your kind comments and for providing us with your invaluable feedback. I will be sharing your comments with the Food & Beverage Manager with regards to the layout in the restaurant. I do apologise if this caused you any inconvenience.

Once again, thank you for taking the time review our hotel and we all very much hope to welcome you back to Hilton London Kensington in June!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Room rate is expensive for the size of the room. I have a standard size suit case and once I open it, there is barely any space to walk. A mobile luggage rack is provided but if the suit case is place on top, it'll block the passage between the bathroom and the toilet. Check out experience was unsatisfactory. The staff asked if I had review the for infor bill send to my room. I did and they automatically charged the amount to my card. I later realised that an extra 5 pounds was charged to my card because I place my personal tug of yogurt in the fridge and took it out in the morning. They refunded the amount but did not provide me a final copy of my bill. I am still waiting for my final bill after several attempts to contact the hotel. Location is 5mins walk to Westfield mall if you want to do some shopping and don't want to be in central London. However, with this recent experience, I will choose to stay in central London with cheaper and bigger rooms.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Christine P,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us whilst on business.

I was sorry to learn that you were not entirely satisfied with your stay. Perhaps if you return to stay with us in the future, you could upgrade to one of our Deluxe or Executive rooms? If you opt for an Executive room then this in turn will grant you exclusive access to our Executive Lounge. In addition, we can of course provide you with a fridge to have in your room for storage of any personal items. The mini bars in our guest bedrooms are set to a specific temperature and have sensors in them. I was disappointed to learn that we failed to send your invoice promptly, I understand you have received it now, however if this is not the case, please contact my PA, Holly (holly.randall@hilton.com) and she can look into this for you? In the meantime I will be speaking with the relevant departmental head to ensure that this delay is addressed to avoid any future guests being inconvenienced in the same way.

Once again, many thanks for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to Hilton London Kensington in the future.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Its my third stay at the Hilton in London and the Service has improved a lot since last year.
Now i can honestly recommend this hotel for business or weekend trips. Very friendly staff and a good international breakfast. Ask for fresh Omelettes!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the high floors facing the back or the inner circle. They are more quite.

Dear Sven P,

I was delighted to learn that you are one of our loyal returning guests! I am also extremely grateful for your kind feedback and recommendations.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Kensington for another great stay and more scrumptious omelettes!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

The Hilton Hotel Kensington is not centrally located and so should be tailored to provide additional services and facilities that will attract its customers when staying in this part of London. Located between Holland Park and Shepherds Bush, this is hardly Kensington despite the name and being within 200 m of some very large peripheral roads. In this potential no-mans land is the Hilton "Kensington". It would help then if the owners could use the interior to create a place of refuge, relaxation and charm but it isn't. The staff were fabulous but the hotel is a mish-mash of modern, classic and dated furnishings with a bar that would be better placed in a low-cost airline transit lounge. It is a lonely sad plastic place with massive TV sets and banal furnishings and bright lighting. I bought a drink and left after a few minutes as it was so depressing. The only saving grace is the beds which were fabulous. very high and very comfortable but the rest does not say "Hilton"...it mumbles instead. The rates are not that low, so why also charge for WiFi when most of the guests are here on business. Even in the public areas, WiFi is charged. The hotel needs a lot of care and attention to convert it into the sort of place modern business travellers demand as the standard, Its not that difficult, I could do it myself as an architect for a modest fee, but hotels should be places that people remember and enjoy as when you are parked in this no-mans land at the bottom of Holland Park Avenue, your hotel becomes your home. My colleague also remarked that the equipment in the fitness centre was broken or not available - its the same attention to detail that management should be looking at. No complaints for the front desk or any of the staff, its just the tired dysfunctional hotel interiors and feeling that the guests will only ever stay there once (except for the airline crews who do find it convenient I presume to the nearby motorway) so why bother. By the way, other reviewers say the same, so why hasn't the management reacted.

Room Tip: Not facing Holland Park Avenue as this is a major road in the early mornings and evenings.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Fliegenkiwi,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback following your recent stay. I was sorry to learn that you were not entirely happy with your stay.

With regards to our location, we are in fact very lucky to be based in such a beautiful and convenient part of London (W11 - West Kensington). We are outside of the congestion zone so perfect for guests wanting to travel by car and we are also, of course, a 5 minute walk away from Westfield, one of Europe’s largest shopping centres. In addition to this, the transport links from our doorstep will take you anywhere you want to go in London and our Concierge team have a wealth of knowledge of the City and what it has to offer. There is also many famous landmarks located near the hotel as well as Holland Park, Kensington Palace and Gardens and not forgetting the famous Portobello Road which are all within walking distance.

I must also take this opportunity to apologise for the evident miscommunication with regards to the wifi access. We do in fact provide all our guests with complimentary wifi in the lobby area and in addition to the wifi, we have six computers which our guests are welcome to use. These are connected to the internet and also, for the convenience of our guests, we also have a printer connected to those computers. For our Gold and Diamond HHonors members, complimentary access is provided complimentary throughout the hotel. If you would like to learn more about our internet access, do please contact a member of our reception team who will be happy to assist.

Thank you for the feedback on the rest of the hotel, for your information, our fitness equipment was 'tuned up' just this week following the feedback of your colleague.

I was delighted to learn that the team treated you well during your stay and we very much hope to welcome you back to Hilton London Kensington in the future.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

the review for this hotel is a mixed one: the plus parts are: location (close (3 min) to Shepherd` Bush tube line and close to a huge shopping center- Westfield. you can walk to some great London attractions like Kensington gardens and from there you can walk to many other places. so,if you like to walk, the hotel is pretty OK located. the check-in was quick as well as the check-out. the personnel was OK.
the negative parts from my side is that for a 4 star hotel, there are some things that needs to be improved: there was no blow-drier in the bathroom and no slippers (i`ve just stayed in a 3 star hotel which had these). also, already known fact that there is no free WI-fi in the rooms is a downsize from my part

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Sotir_Loredana,

Whilst I was pleased to learn that you and your friends enjoyed your stay here, I was not so pleased that you encountered some difficulties. Please accept my sincere apologies for the failings on our part.

I confirm that we do of course provide our guests with hairdryers and I am sorry you were unable to locate one in your closet where they are normally stored. Depending on the type of room reserved, guest’s special amenities including bathrobes and slippers which are in deluxe or executive rooms. In addition, if you are a member of our HHonors program, you also receive a variety of special extras. If you are not a member then perhaps if you stay with us again, our reception team can enrol you. Please note that it is completely free to join and is a no obligation scheme.

I hope to see you all back at Hilton London Kensington when you are next over from Romania.