My boyfriend and I stayed in a Standard Guest Room for 2 nights in July to see The Rolling Stones at Hyde Park. I was quite impressed when entering the hotel - spacious and looked clean. However, the room was a surprise due to the lack of space. The weather was extremely hot that weekend and the size of the room, along with the fact that the air con was not working properly and you could only open the window approx 2 inches, made it almost unbearable. The bathroom was also small and could do with a bit of updating.
On the second night, when we returned to the hotel, I stopped at the front desk and requested a fan - I was advised that one would be delivered to my room shortly. After waiting 35 minutes, there was still no fan and so I rang down to Reception to ask about it...the member of staff told me that her "colleague was busy with something else at the moment" and 15 minutes later, it arrived - by then it was then approx 11:45pm.
I did not feel that the room was very clean and you can still smell cigarettes - don't get me wrong, I understand that this is a difficult odour to diminish but it actually made me feel sick.The mini bar was filthy with stains and liquids everywhere. With regards to parking, we chose to use the car park beneath the hotel as it mentioned special prices for hotel guests - this was not the case and we had to spend over £60 to stay there...which we didn't find out until we were leaving. I think their website needs to be clearer on this.
Having said all of these things, after completing a questionnaire via email regarding our stay, we were contacted by a Manager who dealt with the issues exceptionally well and refunded a fair amount to compensate for the problems we experienced. Due to the way this was handled, I would recommend the hotel but next time, I will contact this Manager should I have any issues...and probably pay extra for a better room.
The hotel is outside of the congestion zone which is a plus and is extremely close to Westfields. The food was also fantastic - we had breakfast delivered to our room one morning and this was delicious, a generous amount and hot.
I also have to say that although our bed was very noisy, the pillows are the best I have ever slept on in a hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Expect a warm welcome the moment you arrive at Hilton London Kensington. We’re located in the leafy district of Holland Park, 30 minutes from Heathrow Airport, with excellent transport links into Central London and three different tube lines nearby. Spend a leisurely day at Westfield London Shopping Centre, just 5-minutes away, the largest mall in London features 265 high-end shops, over 50 restaurants, a spa and a cinema. After a busy day taking in the sights of London, retreat to one of our stylish rooms or suites. Enjoy the fresh, bright décor of a guest room, choose a deluxe room for extra amenities or upgrade to a suite for a separate living space. Executive rooms offer Executive Lounge access with free continental breakfast, afternoon refreshments and an open bar. Start the day with a hearty buffet breakfast in the chic WestEleven restaurant, serving innovative dishes prepared with the freshest ingredients. Meet with friends over cocktails in the Avenue Bar & Lounge, or enjoy a freshly brewed coffee while surfing the web. Staying at the Hilton London Kensington is about making the most out of your time in London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, HotelPower, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Kensington Hotel London
- London Hilton
- Hilton Kensington
- Hilton London Kensington England