“Birthday Weekend”

Ranked #477 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Leamington Spa
“Birthday Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

We booked for our bday weekend and what a great sucess it was we checked in mid anoon and were upgraded to a executive room,which was great.We were also offered the Executive lounge which offered complimentry drinks <anything you wanted>plus light snacks again all comp.There was a lovely atmosphere in the lounge and busy.We both thoughly enjoyed the evening,we retired to our room on the 6th floor for a good nights rest .We went down to bfast which offered a good choice of hot and cold items and the cooked bfast was nice and hot.Well done hilton Kensington we will be back.

Room Tip: we found the rooms to be quite warm.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DutchFlower

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (566)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend with my girlfriend. The hotel itself is just a short 100m walk from the Tube at Shepherds Bush and only 150m from Westfield shopping centre with its attached restaurants. The location isn't bad but I would hardly call it Kensington (despite it being in the Royal Borough).

The hotel has a large reception with many staff and I was greeted on arrival and checked in swiftly. The room they offered me was on the 2nd floor and at the front. I was a little concerned with the potential noise level from the road but it seems to be well protected with triple glazing. The room itself was a good size but the decor was very tired, it was clearly in need of an additional coat of paint. It and the bathroom were clean, but you could see why it was £80 a night.

I don't understand with Hilton why they insist on putting this deathly slow menu on the TV with 3 or 4 options before you get to a TV channel. Then once you do get there you don't get freeview. Its a cut down selection of channels which can be annoying!

The final point I would like to say is that if your a smoker this hotel is probably for you. The entire corridor stunk of stale cigarette smoke the entire weekend and was really very unpleasant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Capt_tuBBymAN
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am most grateful for you taking the time to provide such detailed feedback with regards to your recent stay with us. I must say that I was horrified to learn that you were note entirely happy with your stay.

With regards to the location of your room, whilst I am pleased that you were not disturbed by any external noise, I was sorry to learn that the corridor smelt of smoke for the duration of your weekend stay. We provide our guests with the option of smoking and non-smoking rooms and the second floor has smoking rooms, which would explain the presence of the smoke. Although it is a smoking floor, it is not acceptable for our non-smoking guests to be made uncomfortable during their stay. Should you and your partner return to stay with us, please inform us of your specific room requests, i.e. high floor, non-smoking, which is something we advise our guests to do. These details will be saved on our system and you will be assigned the perfect room for you every time you stay with us.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with such invaluable feedback. This has enables us to constantly better our products and service and I am most grateful for your assistance.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

The Hilton London Kensington is in easy walking distance of Holland Park and Shepherd's Bush, and the Westfield shopping centre is pretty much across the road, the location is second to none. And the hotel itself? Perfect. Faultless, even. It lives up to the Hilton reputation, very tidy and clean rooms and the public areas of the hotel are perfectly maintained, the staff are very very helpful and will happily give you directions if you want to find out the best way to get to different London attractions. The view from the hotel room consisted of the Westfield and some redbrick buildings, which was fine by me: the hotel really is in a perfect, central location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank IckleIcicle
Surrey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Good clean hotel, but probably needs some updating in the rooms.
Not the best of the Hilton group that we have used.
The foyer is very new and modern and the staff very pleasant
Convenient if you are visitng the Notting Hill area of London

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay. I am pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed all that our wonderful area had to offer!

We look forward to being able to welcome you back to Hilton London Kensington in the future.

With best wishes,

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I'd say this is below average for Hilton, i have now stayed here a few times and i have yet to connect with the place. Some issues:

1. Double bed was 2 single beds with 2 single bed sheets - just isn't nice
2. Television had a small selection of channels and a poor quality picture
3. WIFI was not fast or consistent
4. I was asked if i wanted tea at breakfast, i said yes, and the tea never arrived

The staff and bar were both good.

Im not overly picky, as other reviews on here will show, but I feel they need to up their game at this particular Hilton, particularly with the bed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank kwatt83
Dear Guest,

I was horrified to learn of your poor experience when you stayed with us recently and please accept my sincere apologies.

The points which you have raised are unacceptable and I have spoken to the departmental heads in order that these can be rectified immediately. Further training is now underway in both the housekeeping department but also food and beverage. I am very sorry that you were not entirely happy with your stay and I apologise that we have not delivered our usual high standard of service to which you deserve.

I very much hope to see you back at Hilton London Kensington in the future when it will be most evident that this does not reflect our usual high standard of service.

With best wishes,

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service throughout our stay. For example, we arrived before check in was due fully expecting just to drop off our bags with the concierge, but we were given free drinks in the hotel bar whilst we waited a short time for our room to be made up.

The hotel is clean and whilst the room was relatively small, taking everything into consideration it is excellent value. Our only slight niggle is that the room was a little warm.

With regards location, the hotel is a stone throw away from the Westfield Centre and the tube, with regular bus services which stop outside the hotel.

We would certainly stay again.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank milliemoohippo
Dear Guest,

I was absolutely delighted when I read your review on our hotel and I am most grateful for you taking the time to post it on TripAdvisor.

The team have also read your review and are as thrilled as I am to learn that you will be returning to Hilton London Kensington again in the future and we very much look forward to welcoming you back!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I had an excellent experience at The Hilton Kensington - I was perfectly happy and would recommend the place with no hesitation:
- I like the location, this is a good neighborhood
- The rooms are modern, clean and nice
- They offer free computer, printing and scanning
- The executive room is a very nice area when you can relax, read, enjoy coffee, tea and snacks
- Staff was consistently friendly and very helpful

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for providing us with such great feedback! I am delighted that you had an excellent stay with us and I have shared your comments with the team.

We all very much hope to see you back at Hilton London Kensington again soon!