“Good Hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #471 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Surrey
“Good Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Good clean hotel, but probably needs some updating in the rooms.
Not the best of the Hilton group that we have used.
The foyer is very new and modern and the staff very pleasant
Convenient if you are visitng the Notting Hill area of London

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay. I am pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed all that our wonderful area had to offer!

We look forward to being able to welcome you back to Hilton London Kensington in the future.

With best wishes,

Bernadette Gilligan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I'd say this is below average for Hilton, i have now stayed here a few times and i have yet to connect with the place. Some issues:

1. Double bed was 2 single beds with 2 single bed sheets - just isn't nice
2. Television had a small selection of channels and a poor quality picture
3. WIFI was not fast or consistent
4. I was asked if i wanted tea at breakfast, i said yes, and the tea never arrived

The staff and bar were both good.

Im not overly picky, as other reviews on here will show, but I feel they need to up their game at this particular Hilton, particularly with the bed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank kwatt83
Dear Guest,

I was horrified to learn of your poor experience when you stayed with us recently and please accept my sincere apologies.

The points which you have raised are unacceptable and I have spoken to the departmental heads in order that these can be rectified immediately. Further training is now underway in both the housekeeping department but also food and beverage. I am very sorry that you were not entirely happy with your stay and I apologise that we have not delivered our usual high standard of service to which you deserve.

I very much hope to see you back at Hilton London Kensington in the future when it will be most evident that this does not reflect our usual high standard of service.

With best wishes,

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service throughout our stay. For example, we arrived before check in was due fully expecting just to drop off our bags with the concierge, but we were given free drinks in the hotel bar whilst we waited a short time for our room to be made up.

The hotel is clean and whilst the room was relatively small, taking everything into consideration it is excellent value. Our only slight niggle is that the room was a little warm.

With regards location, the hotel is a stone throw away from the Westfield Centre and the tube, with regular bus services which stop outside the hotel.

We would certainly stay again.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank milliemoohippo
Dear Guest,

I was absolutely delighted when I read your review on our hotel and I am most grateful for you taking the time to post it on TripAdvisor.

The team have also read your review and are as thrilled as I am to learn that you will be returning to Hilton London Kensington again in the future and we very much look forward to welcoming you back!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I had an excellent experience at The Hilton Kensington - I was perfectly happy and would recommend the place with no hesitation:
- I like the location, this is a good neighborhood
- The rooms are modern, clean and nice
- They offer free computer, printing and scanning
- The executive room is a very nice area when you can relax, read, enjoy coffee, tea and snacks
- Staff was consistently friendly and very helpful

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for providing us with such great feedback! I am delighted that you had an excellent stay with us and I have shared your comments with the team.

We all very much hope to see you back at Hilton London Kensington again soon!

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

My partner and I stayed here as part of a football game and room package. Could not fault the hotel or staff at all. When we checked in the two gentleman at reception were friendly and jovial, even having a bit of football banter with me about the game I was seeing. I was tempted to knock them down a star as the guy at reception is a Man U fan... :-)
In hindsight, the staff were probably the nicest people we came across during our short stay this time in London..
The staff answered all our questions and gave us info on the best way to get to different location in London.
The room was great...tidy and warm. Breakfast the next day was pleasant.
Will definitely stay again when I am in London...Thanks guys!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Blair_n_Lisa
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to learn that you and your partner had a great stay with us! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I have shared your wonderful and kind comments with the entire team here and we are all delighted that you will be coming back to Hilton London Kensington in the future! We very much look forward to welcoming you both back and hopefully, by then you will have reconsidered your choice in football team.

Bernadette Gilligan
General Manager & Man U Fan!
Dunfermline, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

As expected this Hilton Hotel was fantastic. Check-in was easy enough, the room was clean, and the evening food was excellent. There was plenty of choice at breakfast and the staff where very friendly and helpful. The hotel is suited 5 minutes (walk) from Shepard's Bush tube station and is perfectly located for my business trip and would even suit tourists.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Arun G
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stay in hilton a lot. I always try and be balanced and bring to life the real things that make a good stay or not. This was one of the great ones. From the moment arrived the receptionist who was a trainee was great - yes she was new but she was happy, smiling and made me feel very welcome. She needed some assistance with the checkin but someone was on hand. The room was functional and quiet. Room service was really nice - odd for many London central hotels, the guy who took my order from the room was a star - sometimes it's just the way you do things.
The hotel is a good standard and is run well.

I would defiantly stay here again. All I needed was quiet room, easy system and nice welcome.

Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Jon_Petty
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Hilton London Kensington. I was pleased to learn that you had a great stay with us!

We appreciate that travelling on business can be quite tiresome and our aim is to ensure that all of our guests, be them business or leisure guests, have a comfortable, relaxing and pleasant stay with us. A lot of the time guests who travel on business do so extensively and we feel it is important to make them feel “at home” and like they are one of the family.

Once again, many thanks for your kind comments and we all very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future!