“Excellent Location”

Ranked #475 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Excellent Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for a couple of days between Xmas and New Year. Our room was 1093 on the first floor.

The hotels is perfect located. Only a 4 min walk to Sheperds Bush Station and a 6 to 7 minute walk from Holland Park Station. If you're not familiar with London/the area, it's much easier to find from Holland Park Station than Shepards Bush (you just walk straight down the road).

The Westfield's shopping centre is only a short walk away, which has millions of great shops and surprisingly good restaurants (not only basic chain ones).

We tried the lunch menu in the cafe there and the food was good and the service was also very good. We didn't bother with the breakfast (approx £17) as there is Giraffe restaurant and 2 cafes which all provide breakfast at very reasonable costs (cafes approx £6 pp and £8.25 for brunch at Giraffe). All 3 are less than a 5 min walk away on Holland Park Road.

The room was nicely decorated and had all the modern things you'd expect. There is a variety free tea, coffee and shortbread biscuits which is nice (love shortbread!)

The service was all very good. When we arrived in our rooms receiption called us to make sure everything was ok and generally everyone was very helpful throughout our stay.

The only things I wasn't so keen on: -

In the cafe in the hotel, they automatically apply a 10% tip to your bill. This, to me, is distasteful. It's like asking for a present. That said, I did pay the tip without questioning it as the service was good.

Internet access is a whopping £15 a day from your room. This is way too high and there is no way that the hotel pays anything near these cost to provide this service. Having internet access in your room is quite important to me, so this one was a bit of a downer. On the flip side, there are 3 computers in the receiption area that you can use for free to access the internet. The only problem is, these computers are rarely free and are often used by children staying in the hotel. If you have a Hilton membership card the internet in the room is free.

The size of our room was very small. There was almost no gap between the end of our bed and the wall. If you are overweight there is no way you'd be able to walk between the gap. The bed was also very small. You can just about have 2 people sleeping on it, but there's not much room left. Again if you were very overweight this bed would be too small. Neither my partner or I are large, so it was fine for us. The bed was, however, very comfy. I suppose with space in London being a premium, it's harder to provide the medium size/larger rooms?!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carla K
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
I was pleased to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us and I appreciate you taking the time to provide such detailed feedback. Your feedback on our location will no doubt come in very handy for guests who are staying with us and I am delighted that you enjoyed all that our wonderful area had to offer.

I very much hope to see you and your partner back at Hilton London Kensington in the not too distant future.

Bernadette Gilligan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (566)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sherborne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed for two nights in this hotel and can confirm that the service and staff attitudes were excellent. We brought our three grandchildren into the hotel with push chairs etc...they made us welcome and were very good with the young children. I thank them for their patience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I was delighted to learn that you had an excellent stay with us!

We all very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Hilton London Kensington in the future.

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Outstanding team of professionals made my two week stay in November/December very pleasant. I am especially grateful to Rashid, the concierge. I was back and forth to Zambia -- dealing with extra luggage (summer and winter clothing), package deliveries, and complicarted car schedules. He was fantastic and took care of everything -- including me and several cases of jet lag! I had many requests for Rashid during my two weeks of back and forth -- he provided outstanding service every time. The servers in the concierge lounge are now like family -- love them. Front desk -- efficient and kind. I was on business and this hotel was in a convenient area for all I needed to accomplish. This is an older hotel - so I was concerned -- didn't need to be. The rooms are cozy (small -- but well appointed including lighting) and bathrooms updated. I had a wonderful stay and can't wait to return. Thank you Rashid, thank you to all of the servers in the executive lounge and the front desk team!

Room Tip: When checking in tell the team what you need -- e.g., do you want quiet? Do you want a city street...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Suedd1055
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review on our hotel. I am absolutely delighted that you have had a pleasant stay and that you were well looked after by Rachid. Rachid is very popular with our guests and indeed his colleagues as he is passionate about what he does and is a great character to have in the hotel! I will ensure that he receives the recognition to which he deserves.

I have shared your kind comments with the team who were all thrilled to learn that you found their service to be outstanding and we all very much look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Kensington in the future!

Kilkenny, Kilkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

great location only max 10minutes from liverpool street station on the tube, on the down side the rooms are a little small but in all a nice hotel great breakfast.......................................................

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night on 31/12/12 for New Years the room was clean and tidy and the queen bed was lush
We arrived in the hotel a few mins early but was told the room wasn't ready for 30-60 minutes or we could have a room with a smaller bed and a shower straight away we said we'd wait and while we was doing so we got a complimentary free drink. Overall good hotel that I'd recommend

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Good location close to westfields shopping mall and shepherds bush tube station ...central line. All the staff at this hotel were very friendly and helpful.......this is a big plus for such a busy hotel. Even the Indian man who operates the small shop could not be more helpful. Breakfast new years day perfect and I noticed breakfast being served way after normal closing time. The only negative was our small double room 4080......shower door has a build up of limescale which I believe could be removed by bleach and elbow grease. Our family were in twin rooms and even though I did not view these rooms they were happy. It was good to find this accommodation for two nights over the new year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ShaunGalway
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us over the New Year period and I am most grateful for your feedback.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to Hilton London Kensington in the not too distant future.

With best wishes,

Sastamala, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Kensington for three nights last week. It was my husbands 40th birthdaytrip and I contacted the hotel in advance asking if it would be possible to get a bottle of sparkling wine to our room. We got more than that, complimentary upgrade to executive room. On my husbands birthday we got a bottle of shampagne and a small cake to our room. We were very happy to get this excellent service.
The only complaints i'm giving was the service at breakfast, when it was quiet the service was very good but when it was the busiest time of breakfast, nobody noticed us and we even had to ask for coffee twice. Luckily it wasn't the birthdaymorning. Alltogether, excellent stay and the hotel really did make our stay the best I could hope for!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I was absolutely delighted to learn that you and your husband had an excellent stay with us! I am pleased that the complimentary upgrade and special amenities were a nice surprise for your husband’s birthday celebration.

I have taken on board your comments regarding the service at breakfast and have spoken with our Food and Beverage Manager in this regard. I am sorry for any inconvenience this caused.

Once again, many happy returns to your husband on his birthday and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Kensington.

With best wishes,