My partner and I stayed here for a couple of days between Xmas and New Year. Our room was 1093 on the first floor.
The hotels is perfect located. Only a 4 min walk to Sheperds Bush Station and a 6 to 7 minute walk from Holland Park Station. If you're not familiar with London/the area, it's much easier to find from Holland Park Station than Shepards Bush (you just walk straight down the road).
The Westfield's shopping centre is only a short walk away, which has millions of great shops and surprisingly good restaurants (not only basic chain ones).
We tried the lunch menu in the cafe there and the food was good and the service was also very good. We didn't bother with the breakfast (approx £17) as there is Giraffe restaurant and 2 cafes which all provide breakfast at very reasonable costs (cafes approx £6 pp and £8.25 for brunch at Giraffe). All 3 are less than a 5 min walk away on Holland Park Road.
The room was nicely decorated and had all the modern things you'd expect. There is a variety free tea, coffee and shortbread biscuits which is nice (love shortbread!)
The service was all very good. When we arrived in our rooms receiption called us to make sure everything was ok and generally everyone was very helpful throughout our stay.
The only things I wasn't so keen on: -
In the cafe in the hotel, they automatically apply a 10% tip to your bill. This, to me, is distasteful. It's like asking for a present. That said, I did pay the tip without questioning it as the service was good.
Internet access is a whopping £15 a day from your room. This is way too high and there is no way that the hotel pays anything near these cost to provide this service. Having internet access in your room is quite important to me, so this one was a bit of a downer. On the flip side, there are 3 computers in the receiption area that you can use for free to access the internet. The only problem is, these computers are rarely free and are often used by children staying in the hotel. If you have a Hilton membership card the internet in the room is free.
The size of our room was very small. There was almost no gap between the end of our bed and the wall. If you are overweight there is no way you'd be able to walk between the gap. The bed was also very small. You can just about have 2 people sleeping on it, but there's not much room left. Again if you were very overweight this bed would be too small. Neither my partner or I are large, so it was fine for us. The bed was, however, very comfy. I suppose with space in London being a premium, it's harder to provide the medium size/larger rooms?!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Expect a warm welcome the moment you arrive at Hilton London Kensington. We’re located in the leafy district of Holland Park, 30 minutes from Heathrow Airport, with excellent transport links into Central London and three different tube lines nearby. Spend a leisurely day at Westfield London Shopping Centre, just 5-minutes away, the largest mall in London features 265 high-end shops, over 50 restaurants, a spa and a cinema. After a busy day taking in the sights of London, retreat to one of our stylish rooms or suites. Enjoy the fresh, bright décor of a guest room, choose a deluxe room for extra amenities or upgrade to a suite for a separate living space. Executive rooms offer Executive Lounge access with free continental breakfast, afternoon refreshments and an open bar. Start the day with a hearty buffet breakfast or nutritious light bite in the chic WestEleven restaurant, serving innovative dishes prepared with the freshest ingredients. Meet with friends over cocktails in the Avenue Bar & Lounge, or enjoy a freshly brewed coffee while surfing the web. Staying at the Hilton London Kensington is about making the most out of your time in London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Kensington Hotel London
- London Hilton
- Hilton Kensington
- Hilton London Kensington England