“Excellent stay!!”

Ranked #505 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Wareham, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay!!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We have just came back from staying here again, and must say this time was fantastic, the staff are all lovely and made us feel so welcome, the room was nice yes some stuff was shabby but at the end of the day we only used it to sleep, we also ate a meal here again staff was lovely and couldn't so enough, the bar is still rather pricey with a 10% service charge even if you go to the bar your self and get your drinks (rip off)! Excellent location will be going back thank you!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such wonderful feedback on your recent stay. I was thrilled to learn that you had an excellent stay and that you found the service to be excellent!

I have shared your kind comments with the Hilton London Kensington team and they were as delighted as I was to learn that you had a great time and will be returning!

We all very much look forward to welcoming you back and wish you all the best for 2013.

With kindest regards,

Bernadette Gilligan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I booked through lastminute.com for £90 a night. The hotel is clean, modern and the staff are friendly. I wouldn't say the rooms were up to a 4* standard and look a bit stark almost clinical with a really small TV. I didn't opt for the breakfast as it was way over priced and there is a wetherspoons only a five minute walk away if you want a cooked breakfast. I would stay here again but only if I had a similar deal, I would never pay over £100 for the hotel as I don't think it is up to the 4* rating. The location is good being on the central line and you can either walk to Holland Park or Shepherd's bush with the latter being slightly closer. We were able to walk to Hyde park in about 20/30 minutes which was really pleasant.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am most grateful for you taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that the team treated you well.

I am also pleased that you enjoyed all that our location had to offer and I hope that we see you back at Hilton London Kensington again in the future.

Abergavenny, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2012

The Kensington is a great place to combine shopping with a theatre visit.This Hilton has been upgraded with refurbished rooms, restaurant and bar. The staff are very helpful and friendly. I stay in a lot of hotels and I know which Hiltons to avoid, but this is not one of them.As a Gold Hhonors member you get access to the Exec. Lounge where you can meet follow travellers from around the world over free drinks and food.Or pay a bit extra for an Exec Room and get Lounge access free. The Westfield Mall is across the road and so is the Central line underground which takes you to theatre land. We will be back in February 13

Room Tip: Book on line and save up to 40%
4 Thank Gerry J
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I was thrilled to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed our facilities and indeed all that the local area had to offer.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back again in February!

With kind regards,

Chichester
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I booked here because I was going to the Royal Albert Hall but beware it is not near there at all and in fact you have to change on the tube. Having said that it was easy to get to, very clean and comfortable with an amazing breakfast buffet. What let it down for me was the temperature. My room was way too hot and playing with the thermostat didn' t change anything. Added to the bed which had one of those mattress toppers on I hardly slept at all I was so hot. If I was staying for another night I would have asked the hotel to take the topper off at the very least. A pity because otherwise a really good
hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding our hotel. I am pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us. I was, however, most disappointed to learn that the temperature in your room was uncomfortable. I do hope that you informed a member of the team in order that they could move you to another room.

With regards to our location, we are based in West Kensington in the London Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and are 1.4 miles away from the Royal Albert Hall. We are very lucky to be in the location which we are because not only are we two minutes away from Westfield Shopping Centre and the leafy district of Holland Park, but we have excellent transport links from the busses which stop directly outside the hotel, the Central Line tube and London Overground stations are a 5 minute walk away and there is also Holland Park tube station.

I have shared your wonderful comments regarding the breakfast with the team and we all very much hope to see you back at Hilton London Kensington in the New Year.

Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Shabby on the outside, but nothing wrong inside, rooms are very hot, but that seems normal for hotels this age, glad we could open thevwindowbin December though! Staff were all very friendly and very helpful, especially at breakfast when we had a toddler with us, a high chair was quickly fetched and someone even found him a balloon to play with whilst we enjoyed our excellent, and at 12 pounds, good value breakfast. Use Shepards Bush tube station though, closer than Holland park.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with feedback on your recent stay with us. I am most grateful for you taking the time to do so.

I was delighted to learn that you had an excellent stay with us and that the team treated you and your little toddler well!

We all very much look forwarding to being able to welcome you and your family back to Hilton London Kensington in the future.

With kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Booked on Expedia for 79 pounds, a screaming deal for a four star hotel in this location, so the tiny room didn't worry me...it was clean and in very nice condition, with a comfortable bed and a great shower (no bathtub). Dined in the lobby restaurant; expensive, but the food was fine. I found the service friendly and efficient. I could have done without the 15 pound fee for internet access but hey, at this price you can't go wrong. Had I paid the "normal" room charge of 200 pounds I'd have dropped the rating by at least one level.

Room Tip: For quiet rooms, avoid the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I was most pleased to read that you had a comfortable and pleasant stay with us recently and I am grateful for you sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Kensington in the future for another friendly and efficient stay!

Billericay, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed here for one night on a girlie shopping spree to Westfield.

Staff were very friendly and service was excellent.

Loads to choose from at breakfast and although busy we were seated very quickly.

Bar staff were very attentive and even remembered our room number and names when we came back for a night cap... or two!

But yes the beds are not at all comfortable and rooms could do with a face lift.

On the whole, the hotel served our purpose extremely well, and if another girlie shopping spree is planned then we will be returning!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the feedback you have provided on your recent stay with us. I am pleased that the team treated you well and you found the service to be excellent!

I hope that you and your friends had a fantastic time at Westfield and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Kensington!