“Large, but friendly.”

Hilton London Kensington
Ranked #508 of 1,068 Hotels in London
“Large, but friendly.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Shabby on the outside, but nothing wrong inside, rooms are very hot, but that seems normal for hotels this age, glad we could open thevwindowbin December though! Staff were all very friendly and very helpful, especially at breakfast when we had a toddler with us, a high chair was quickly fetched and someone even found him a balloon to play with whilst we enjoyed our excellent, and at 12 pounds, good value breakfast. Use Shepards Bush tube station though, closer than Holland park.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with feedback on your recent stay with us. I am most grateful for you taking the time to do so.

I was delighted to learn that you had an excellent stay with us and that the team treated you and your little toddler well!

We all very much look forwarding to being able to welcome you and your family back to Hilton London Kensington in the future.

With kind regards,

Bernadette Gilligan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (592)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Booked on Expedia for 79 pounds, a screaming deal for a four star hotel in this location, so the tiny room didn't worry me...it was clean and in very nice condition, with a comfortable bed and a great shower (no bathtub). Dined in the lobby restaurant; expensive, but the food was fine. I found the service friendly and efficient. I could have done without the 15 pound fee for internet access but hey, at this price you can't go wrong. Had I paid the "normal" room charge of 200 pounds I'd have dropped the rating by at least one level.

Room Tip: For quiet rooms, avoid the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I was most pleased to read that you had a comfortable and pleasant stay with us recently and I am grateful for you sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Kensington in the future for another friendly and efficient stay!

Billericay, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed here for one night on a girlie shopping spree to Westfield.

Staff were very friendly and service was excellent.

Loads to choose from at breakfast and although busy we were seated very quickly.

Bar staff were very attentive and even remembered our room number and names when we came back for a night cap... or two!

But yes the beds are not at all comfortable and rooms could do with a face lift.

On the whole, the hotel served our purpose extremely well, and if another girlie shopping spree is planned then we will be returning!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the feedback you have provided on your recent stay with us. I am pleased that the team treated you well and you found the service to be excellent!

I hope that you and your friends had a fantastic time at Westfield and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Kensington!

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel now on three occasions and it doesn’t improve. The rooms are clean but a bit run down and if you are not on business or a Diamond Club member you tend to be side-lined and in the case of one of the restaurant reception staff, who I would vote as the rudest hotel worker I have ever come across, completely ignored. The front desk staff were the usual Hilton friendly and efficient group but the Hotel is not up to the usual Hilton standard and I will not be returning

Room Tip: The rooms at the front are very noisy 24/7
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RFaserH
Dear Guest,

Whilst I am most grateful for you taking the time to share your feedback with us, I was horrified to learn of the poor experience you had with the staff on arrival at our restaurant. Please accept my sincere apologies and I can assure you that this is not a regular occurrence. I have spoken with the Food and Beverage Manager who has immediately carried out further training within the department so that this is not repeated.

I was devastated to learn that you felt you were sidelined and you have my every assurance that this is not the case. We treat all our guests equally, regardless of whether they are members of the HHonors scheme. I am very sorry that you were made to feel that way and I have shared your experience with the team in order that they too can undertake further training.

I am confident that if you choose to come and stay at Hilton London Kensington again it will be evident that we offer a first class service tailored to our guests individual needs, regardless of their status.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

It has taken me a while to write this review, but I think the hotel warrants it.

I hadnt been to London for years but had previously spent a lot of time there and was well aware of the questionable size and standard of medium priced hotels in London.

The Hilton delivered exactly what we wanted, clean good sized rooms, well placed with Holland Park or Shephards Bush tube not far away. We stayed for 4 nights and overall we were very happy.

A special note to the staff and hotel management, we arrived very early ( 7am ) straight off a 24 hour flight but our rooms were ready and there was no mention of a further charge....I will definitely be staying here again, and I look forward to it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank W194
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to learn that you had a such a positive and pleasant stay with us. Thank you very much for sharing your kind feedback.

I have passed your comments on to the team here and they were as thrilled as I was to learn of your satisfaction and even more so to learn that you will definitely be coming back to Hilton London Kensington. We very much look forward to welcoming you back!

With kindest regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2012

The name is a little misleading as this hotel is only just in kensington, with the closest tube station being shepherds bush, but it does make it good for a shopping trip to westfield,! rooms are well presented if compact with very comfortable beds, fine for a single person but i would imagine a little cramped for a couple and the wardrobe was tiny with no storage space for luggage, staff very professional and service was good. 24 hour gym which was appreciated!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Hilton London Kensington. I was delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of the wonderful shopping opportunities within the area!

With regards to our location, being West Kensington, I appreciate that sometimes it is a little confusing as the Westfield Shopping centre is based in Shepherds Bush and is only a short walk away. Shepherds Bush Overground and Underground stations are the closest but we also have Holland Park tube station a short walk away too.

I hope that we have a the pleasure of welcoming you back when you are next in London.

With kind regards,

Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have stayed at the Hilton at Kensington a few times and usually stay in the guest rooms as I have found them to be comfortable enough, however I am now worried about the recent reviews of beds. I am travelling to London on 15th December to visit a friend in Chelsea and I don't really want to upgrade so I will just see what happens. Be a shame as I like to stay in the same places when I travel away from Chichester because it's like a home comfort. If anyone could give me more information on this, I would be greatful? My last stay was about 1 year ago, what has changed from the perfection I have seen previously?
Kirsti

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor review on our hotel.

I was most pleased to learn that you are one of our loyal guests. However, I was disappointed that having read some feedback regarding the beds, you now have some concerns. We are currently in the process of undertaking a Guest Bed Replenishment Programme and all of our guest beds will have brand new top of the range mattresses. These mattresses are designed to provide added support for specific areas of the body; these areas include the lower back. The special design of our mattresses is known to help improve and maintain smooth circulation even while you sleep.

Unfortunately some guests have not been as comfortable as they had hoped and I can assure you that the comfort of our guests is paramount. I can appreciate that reading two negative reviews will make you consider the subject which they are about, but I have no doubt that you will have a very comfortable stay with us on 15th December.