“Great in many was, but the beds are too hard!”

Hilton London Kensington
Ranked #515 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 29, 2012

This hotel has been there for ages. The staff know what they are doing. The concierges, reception staff and breakfast staff are all professional and efficient. I need to mention concierge George. He fixed our problem with wrong type of room really quickly.
The location is gret, buses and tubes nearby and Westfield. But unfortunately, three days in the hard Hilton bed makes you feel really stiff. I am not sure I will be back:-( That is a shame because all the rest was great.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the 1'st floor facing the street like we had. Lots of noise from outside...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us.

I have shared your feedback with the team and they are all pleased that you enjoyed your stay, especially George in Concierge.

I was, however, disappointed to read that you were not happy with the firmness of your bed. I would be most grateful if you would please contact my PA, Holly (holly.randall@hilton.com) and inform us of your room number. It is unacceptable for any of our guests to be uncomfortable whilst staying with us and this needs to be addressed immediately.

Once again, many thanks for taking the time to share your experience and indeed provide us with invaluable feedback.

Bernadette Gilligan

Write a ReviewReviews (4,387)

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton London Kensington in October 2012 for both business and pleasure. This was my first trip to London and the Hilton helped make it successful.

The first room I received was quite small...even for London standards. I explained that I was staying a full week and would appreciate a larger room. Nothing was available until the next day. They arranged to have my luggage moved to the new room and all was easily settled and done. I appreciated the easy and pleasant accommodation to my request.

My reservation included daily breakfast at their buffet. It was a full breakfast including many hot items, American and British, lots of pastries, fruit, yogurt, cereal, juice, coffee and tea. It was a pleasant way to start the day with my colleagues and then on my own. I ordered room service once and it was timely, hot, and pretty good for hotel food.

Hotel is in a great location, walking distance to the Tube and bus stops. There was a major mall across the street (can't remember the name) that also had many restaurant choices. If you stay and like Indian food, the Royal is directly across the street and was quite yummy! There's also a french cafe up and across the street that was amazing!

Room included robes and slippers, which I always appreciate. Window could open for some fresh air. Tea, coffee, and shortbread also in the room which nice at night and first thing in the morning. Housekeeping did an outstanding job!

Concierge was always very helpful and pleasant in helping with cabs, cars, directions, and tour information. He even helped me figure out my way around Paris, for a one day trip.
My only complaint is the price of Internet...very expensive for daily service during the week. (15 pounds if I remember correctly.)

Bottom line, I will stay at the Hilton Kensington on future trips.

Room Tip: I think the higher floors were quiter and perhaps had larger rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kristen K

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to learn that you had such a pleasant stay with us recently! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I have shared your very kind comments with the team and we are all thrilled that you will be returning to Hilton London Kensington in the future. We all look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to my family and friends. We were upgraded to an Executive Room after informing the hotel it was my 30th birthday weekend and after finding the hotel VERY easily, we checked in and found a birthday cake and prosecco in the room.
Room was clean, big enough for our 2 night stay and immaculate bathroom and robes and slippers.
Breakfast, again, fantastic, staff wonderful....what else can be said? Oh! The Executive Lounge is a relaxing haven after a busy day walking around London!

Room Tip: Upgrade if you can and always let the hotel know if you are there for a special occassion.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

I was absolutely delighted to read your TripAdvisor review on our hotel and I am most grateful for you taking the time to provide your excellent feedback!

I have shared your very kind comments with the entire team here and we are all thrilled that we were able to make your stay even more special.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and from the whole team here at Hilton London Kensington, many happy returns for your 30th Birthday! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in an executive room which was very nice with robes and slippers, mini bar and access to the executive lounge. The actual bedroom was small but I guess this is usual for central London, it was nicely furnished and very clean. The exec lounge provided refreshments and snacks which where lovely and the breakfast in the hotel was very nice. I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback with regards to your recent stay at Hilton London Kensington. I was very pleased to read that you had a lovely time whilst at our hotel!

I would also like to thank you for your kind recommendations, it is very much appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Kensington in the not too distant future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I attended the hotel on Saturday 24 November 2012 as a day delegate for a business meeting for about 50 delegates, and was impressed with the facilities, catering and staff. The room was well lit and at a comfortable temperature, although, like many conference rooms, it had no windows. The water on each table was replenished efficiently, and there was also a large tray of fruit for delegates. In the mid morning break a range of tasty cakes. pastries etc were available just outside the conference room.

The sit down buffet lunch was excellent, with a range of hot dishes and salads, and sweets.

I lost 50p in a pay telephone in the lobby; on enquiring at Reception i was promptly offered the use of a hotel telephone to make whatever call I required.....the receptionist had a helpful "can do" attitude that is sadly lacking in many hotels today.

Other delegates who did stay at he hotel overnight were impressed, and I think that this Hilton Hotel is certainly worth a look as a London conference venue.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank WilliamRead

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Hilton London Kensington. I was delighted to learn that you and your colleagues had a pleasant experience with during your time here and that you were impressed with all the amenities provided!

Once again, I am most grateful for your kind feedback and I very much hope that we are able to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. The rooms are small but very clean and comfortable. Good service and helpfull staff. Close to the tube, Holland Park and a big shopping mall. We didn´t ate breakfast at the hotel. But it looks very nice. One day we walked up to Hyde Park and I can recommend that. Fantastic park with a lot of things to do. I love London and the Kensington area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

I am pleased that you and your friends had a pleasant stay with us recently and I am grateful for you writing a review sharing your experience.

I very much hope that you choose to come and stay at Hilton London Kensington again soon, especially as you love the area in which we are fortunate enough to be located!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Kensington for 4 days on business. The accommodations were very clean and comfortable and the service was excellent. The bathroom was pretty small but I'm sure it is pretty common for UK hotels. The breakfast was really very good with a great selection. We also ate a light snack at the small bar in the evening which had great atmosphere. There was great shopping and restaurants at Westfields, within walking distance. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Hilton London Kensington.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, even whilst travelling on business and you had the opportunity to see all that this wonderful area has to offer – especially Westfield!

I am thrilled that you will be returning to our hotel and we all very much look forward to welcoming you back for another comfortable stay with great service.