“Good clean hotel, friendly staff.”

Hilton London Kensington
Ranked #504 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Sydney, Australia
“Good clean hotel, friendly staff.”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel in a twin room. The room and bathroom were clean and a good size. When ringing the hotel to confirm our booking I was told of the Promo Deal for breakfast being £12.00 per person per day which I booked on checking in and enjoyed both mornings. The only down side was the air con was a little noisy. Personally I found the beds a little hard but my cousin had no problem with them.
The location although 20 minutes out of town is well serviced by bus and tube. The 94 bus goes right into Piccadilly Circus via Oxford and Regent Sts and the 148 goes to Victoria Station. Also buses outside the door to Hammersmith to connect to the tube to Heathrow. Westfields Shopping Centre is 5 minutes walk away. I would recommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 2nd floor that faced the road and whilst it overlooked the park and was quiet w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cherrie B
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback and taking the time to do so. I was very pleased to read that you and your cousin enjoyed your stay with us and especially enjoyed the breakfast! I am, however, sorry that the air conditioning was a little noisy and I hope that this did not interrupt your sleep. I have spoken to our Facilities Manager and he is currently in the process of checking the air conditioning units to ensure that none of our guests are inconvenienced due to the noise.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I very much look forward to welcoming you both back to Hilton London Kensington in the not too distant future.

Bernadette Gilligan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (584)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Henlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed here over the August Bank Holiday weekend and had a really lovely time. The tube is 5 ins up the road and the busues stop right outside, so really handy to get into the hustle and bustle.

Very clean hotel, nice rooms, average size, bathrooms bit on the small side and a little disappointing, but clean. The reception / foyer area is lovely and staff were really friendly.

Breakfast only in the restaurant as part of the package - realy good quality & value.

Only disappointment was the bar ... asked twice for a glass for a bottle of beer whihch i then had to change twice as they were dirty - seemed we were interrupting the barman watching the football. Told to sit at a table, would have preferred to sit at bar - this is they can add 10% service charge .... bit if a rip off...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments and for taking the time to write your review.

I was delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay with us but I was disappointed to learn of the issues you experienced in the bar. I have personally spoken to not only the Food and Beverage Manager, but also her entire team. I am very sorry for the inconvenience that was no doubt caused to you and I can assure you that I will not tolerate such treatment of our guests and the appropriate action has been taken.

Once again, thank you very much for your invaluable feedback and I very much hope that you come and stay with us again here at Hilton London Kensington.

With best wishes,

Ottawa
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed 4 nights at this hotel. It isn't one of the nicer Hiltons I have stayed at but it was very reasonably priced. Pros: 200 m to subway, bus stop right in front with very regular buses, room clean and decent size. Cons: very expensive wifi, a bit of a moldy smell on the floor.
Breakfast is 20 pounds, unless you pre-pay and it is then 13.
Overall I would stay again, esp. for the price paid. The mall close by is excellent and has everything you'd want.
Note that location is not downtown but 20 mins to Bond Street by tube. Not a negative per se as the neighborhood is nice and less busy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel. I was most pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be staying with us again in the future!

We all very much look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Kensington in the not too distant future.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Was expecting more from a Hilton. Check in was not good. I unfortunately arrived at the same time as a tour bus and had to wait in a huge line. Which would have been OK, except that there was no queue control of any kind, so people kept coming in from the side and jumping the queue. Staff did nothing to assist. The room was ok and a reasonable size for London, but 3-star quality at best - paintwork, carpet etc need renewing. My room had a hole in the wall above the bed and the door and wood surrounds in the bathroom were chipped and peeling. Location was good - near Westfield shopping centre and Shepherds Bush tube and bus stations. Luckily Westfield has free wifi, because the Hilton charges an outrageous price for it. It was the only hotel I stayed in Europe that did not have free wifi.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Hotel has a perfect location, but staff need to be much more warm & welcoming.
Yes they are doing their job, but as a frequent traveller, & a hotelier you can easily see what is from the heart, & what is just doing their job, pass the shift hours.
Apart from this every thing else was OK, hotel facilities are good, shampoo & bathroom amienties need a look into.
Selection of food is average, have to take in consideration Muslems guest, which hotel is receiving a lot, non pork variety should be available, to attrack guest to use & spend more inside, rather than getting food from outside.

Room Tip: A room next to a big attraction
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for providing us with feedback on your recent stay at Hilton London Kensington.

I was most disappointed to learn that you did not receive a warm welcome from the team. I have spoken to the department heads regarding this and they have all carried out further training within their department to ensure that all our guests feel cared for, valued and respected. I am sorry that on this occasion you were not made to feel this way. With regards to the food, we have been working hard on a new menu and this has now been launched. We have had fantastic feedback from our guests and I am sure when you next visit you will not be disappointed with our new selections which are suitable for all dietary requirements.

We hope to see you back at our hotel again very soon.

With best wishes,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, 21-23 September 2012. Overall, I had no problems and my stay here was fine. However, there was no wow factor for being a Hilton hotel. You can defo see the difference between the UK and overseas Hilton hotels. Reception was fairly nice, but the rooms were fairly basic, a good 3 star, defo not 4 star. Entrance to rooms were tight for space and bathroom was small. TV was poor quality (old) and the AC was noisy and didn't do very much. Breakfast was okay, a rather moody chef (found this in a lot of hotels) was there making fresh omelettes, as much as there were options, there wasn't so much variety, just your normal options of breads, pastries, cold meats etc. Checking in and out was fairly simply. I stayed here out of convenience as i was attending an exhibition at Earls Court and this was the only available hotel close by (10 minutes door to door via Overground, 2 stops). Its rather a lot of money to pay, when there are no luxuries to boast about. I would look else where for cheaper options before i consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Within 5 minute walk to Westfield and local train, tube and bus stations.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
UK
Reviewed September 23, 2012

From the moment we arrived and were greeted by Ian at the front of house till we departed we received very good customer service. Well trained, polite, friendly and efficient.

We were upgraded to an Executive room, which is as previously stated both modern and small. Non the less it was well maintained and having asked for a room on the back (Tip!) got a generally quite and restful night sleep.

Good breakfast, reasonable bar rea and overall a well located but slightly out of the centre Hilton.

For us both the staff made the real difference. Well done to them and the management, please replicate across the chain.

Room Tip: Rooms facing inwards on the back of the hotel upper floors gets you a good nights sleep
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I was absolutely thrilled to read your TripAdvisor review of Hilton London Kensington!

I have shared your very kind comments with the whole team here, especially Ian and we are all very pleased that we could help make your stay even better with the friendly, efficient and professional service we provide to all our guests.

I hope to see you both back at our hotel very soon for another fantastic stay!