“Small but comfortable”

Hilton London Kensington
Ranked #477 of 1,090 Hotels in London
“Small but comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Me and my partner stayed here during the Olympics and although the room was comfortable and clean (except a little dirt in the shower) it was quite expensive. We stayed one night at a cost of £169 and the room was tiny.
I would reccomend this hotel for it's location if you needed to catch the tube. However, I personally would not stay here again because of the price for such a small room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I was most pleased to learn that you and your partner enjoyed your time with us.

I hope to welcome you back to Hilton London Kensington in the future and I also hope you enjoyed the Olympics!

With best wishes,

Bernadette Gilligan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (567)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed at this hotel during a weekend. The interior was very clean, cozy and modern. The hotel has great facilities options and their services are very efficient. The room is a little bit small but ok for a short period. The breakfast is awesome, really worth it the price.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jubernardes
Dear Guest,

I am most grateful for you taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. I was delighted to learn that you found our hotel to be excellent.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Kensington for another excellent stay and some more awesome food!

With kind regards,

Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

Stayed at the hilton for one night as me and my boyfriend were attending the olympics.
The hotel was amazing
the interior is extremely clean, well kept and modern.
the staff were very helpful and cheery
The hotel has great facilities such as a bar, restaurant, sauna and a 24 hour gym but i never saw this on my visit
we stayed in a double room which was very spacious and modern
The bed was really comfortable and no exterior noise could be heard through the night
we were really pleased with the complimentary water and robes as we thought it was a nice touch
there was room service availiable and a mini bar but we did not use this
The only down side to the room was that the tv picture was quite bad quality especially for a new looking LCD tv but as we were out in London till late, bed was the first port of call!
As soon as we reached our room the front desk called to check if everything was up to par, thats what i call customer service!
lifts and corridors were easy to navigate and again had lovely decor
The hotel restaurant was not open by the time we reached the hotel at 11pm but the american bar was. The decor was not american themed but a very casual bar atmosphere with modern decor and furnishings. The drinks were well priced and the menu featured some well loved american dishes you rarely see in the uk (Like key lime pie!)
On the morning we had breakfast in the restaurant, food was served buffet style with the exception of the omelette bar. There was a vast range of hot and cold foods ranging from eggs, bagels and cereal to vegetarian and halal offerings and yoghurt with fresh fruit. The food was very good and exceptionally fresh. Staff again were very friendly, especially the maitre'd.
Check out was seamless and we were made to feel like valued customers the whole visit.
The hotel offers a bag drop service so you can leave your bags with the concierge desk for free while you explore london, a grea service!
I would recommed the hilton to ANYONE wanting a great stay in London, a stones throw away from the amazing Westfield cenre and shepherds bush station which is on the central line so it gives direct access to all the major attractions. Also a cab from kings cross was on average £20!
Great hotel, great staff. What more could you want

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review on our hotel! I was truly delighted to learn that you and your boyfriend had such an amazing time with us and I have shared your comments with the whole team here. Needless to say they were as thrilled as I was to learn of your memorable experience with us.

Once again, thank you so much for your wonderful comments and I very much hope that you will come and stay with us here at Hilton London Kensington again in the future.

I hope you both had a fantastic time at the Olympics!

With kindest regards,

Ramsbottom, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Arrived at about 1830, waited for 7 minutes to check-in, upgraded to next level room, as usual, room was clean, tidy with the normal Hilton accompaniments. BUT had an interconnecting door with next room, so at 0600 when housekeeping started cleaning next door, I woke up. Back again at 0650 just to make sure they had really done a good job of disturbing my sleep.

Breakfast in the Exec Lounge was OK, and checkout there was again OK. However, if I was to stay in a budget brand hotel and complained about noise like that, I would have received a refund, in fact even if its other customers making the noise, let alone their own staff. At the Hilton.......just sorry. The icing on the cakes was when I left, the room next door has a do not disturb sign on it.

Room Tip: Sorry can't clear the Swimming pool rating, so put average, don't even know if it has one.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with TripAdvisor. I am very sorry that you were disturbed by our room attendants during your stay and I have now spoken to our Executive Housekeeper who is carrying out further training amongst her team. It is not acceptable for our guests to be disturbed by the attendants whilst they are carrying out their duties. I would suggest that next time you book with us, please specify that you do not wish to have a connecting room to save any inconvenience once you are with us.

I very much hope to be able to welcome you back to Hilton London Kensington in the future.

Best wishes,

GB
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

Stayed at Hilton's the world over and this isn't a good one at all.
Check in 10 minutes, and that was for the HHonors queue the other ones were even longer !
Room was clean but room to swing a cat ? not a chance
Didn't get upgraded even as a Diamond member.
Executive lounge was ok but heaving.
Restaurant in the hotel didnt look good, and Westfield is a 5 minute walk with about 20 restaurants to choice from added with the all the shops and a big multiplex meant if you were staying here for business and were a little bored it wouldn't be for long.
Shepherds Bush and Holland Park tubes are 5 minutes walk in either direction.
I wouldn't stay here again ? there are better Hiltons in London

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I was most disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your time with us.

I have spoken to the Front of House Manager to ensure that there is always sufficient staff on reception to check guests in and out without the need to wait for too long. It is unacceptable that you were made to wait for 10 minutes and please accept my apologies. With regards to you not being provided an upgrade, this is always subject to availability and, as I am sure was apparent when you were in the Executive Lounge, the hotel is extremely busy at present, partly owing to the Olympics.

I do hope to see you back at Hilton London Kensington in the future.

With best wishes,

Worcester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

hotel staff helpful and rooms comfortable but windows on both recent trips were old and allowed the street noise to make an early night unworkable . The rooms are reasonably priced but a little tired, Room service menu OK, prompt delivery, wine a bit expensive. Stayed in a few Hiltons around the world and the older ones really are very similar. This one needs some cosmetics but is still doing its job

Room Tip: Go for a room at the back of the hotel - much quieter
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing a review on our hotel. I have passed on your feedback to the team and they have taken all of your comments on board.

I am delighted to confirm that we are in the process of revamping some of our communal areas and have just refurbished all of our guest corridors. I am sure when you next come back and stay with us you will be pleasantly impressed with the changes we have made.

We look forward to seeing you back at Hilton London Kensington once again in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Leicester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

Lovely reception service, great breakfast range and nice rooms. We had a free bottle of wine in the room! They could improve the breakfast service as we waited ages for someone to take our drinks order. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank serendipityLeicester
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback regarding your stay with us. I was delighted that you enjoyed your time here at Hilton London Kensington.

I was, however, not so pleased to learn that you had to wait for some time to order your drinks. I have spoken to our Food and Beverage Manager and she has assured me that this will not happen again to any of our guests.

The team and I are thrilled that you will come back to Hilton London Kensington in the future and we very much look forward to welcoming you back!

With kind regards,