“Stay In Hilton Holland Park London”

Ranked #501 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Salford
“Stay In Hilton Holland Park London”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

What can I say? A expected the hotel was stunning, its location is great for transport links into the centre but quiet enough to be chilled. Stayed during recent good weather it was a brilliant long weekend made all the better by the quality of the hotel. As expected and more.

Room Tip: Unless you are loaded and can afford a suite all the rooms are very good.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KB1N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (584)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lisburn
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Having booked this hotel as a birthday treat for my partner I was very excited to spend the weekend there. However on approaching the hotel, I was disappointed by the exterior of the building as it very much looked like an office block and not what I had known other Hilton Hotels to look like. Nevertheless, this wasn't a serious issue and one which I could have forgotten if the inside had been more impressive. I found it to be dark and slightly old fashioned. I didn't enjoy the first impressive of it and hoped that it would grow on me but it didn't.

When we arrived to our room, we were shocked by how small it was. There was literally not enough room to walk comfortably around the bed. The room was constantly hot not matter what cooling techinques we tried such as leaving the window open all day. This was even stranger as the weather was generally cool throughout the weekend. The bathroom was brightr and clean and the shower was a decent size although I'm 5"3 and of a slim build so space is generally not a problem for me.

The hotel was in a decent location only a couple of minutes away from Shepherd's Bush tube stop but do not be fooled by 'Hilton London Kensington'. I was definitely most disappointed by how far out of London and Kensington the hotel is. I had been so excited to stay in Kensington that I had trusted the name of the hotel. Big mistake. It is so far out that in my opinion it's impossible to get a sense of the exciting London vibe.

I should point out that you should check your bill at the end of your stay as a bottle of water had been charged to our room which we definitely had not touched. At £3.95 for water, we found this to be a considerable mistake but had no problem in getting it amended.

Finally, I must add that hotel staff were excellent. The customer service which they displayed was definitely the highest of any hotel I had been to before. The were friendly, courteous and accomodating.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Portlaoise, Ireland
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Just back from London. Hotel public areas spacious. Room small enough and quite bland. We overlooked high buildings, so room was dark, which worked against us, when, on my first evening, investigating the room - I opened the "fridge". I was going to put a bottle of water inside and removed a pack - it was an "emergency pack" - containing plasters, aspirin and some 'personal' items! I did not have need for any of it, so put it back. Subsequently, on a disc sticker, I noticed that this was a mini bar with sensors and that anything removed had to be paid for. The bill for this - £9+!!! I did not even get to keep the pack, as I had replaced it and removingit again would set of f the sensor for another £9!! I was going to say something at Reception, but did not, as they had the sticker - small as it was! ~I am sorry now that I did not address it. As I said, the room was dark and I did not notice the sticker at first. Food was lovely at breakfast, but v expensive. Location - excellent, leafy, quiet enough, with bus service right outside and tube 5 mins walk. Had breakfast yesterday morning at Valeries Patisserie just down the road, v nice. Overall, a nice stay, but watch out for that blasted mini bar! This kind of exploitation leaves a nasty taste.....

Room Tip: Ask for street side room if possible
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am most grateful for you taking the time to complete a review on our hotel and I was delighted to read that you had a nice stay with us.

However I must apologise regarding the issues you experienced with regards to the mini bar. It is a shame you did not inform us of this when you were here as we would have been able to deduct the charges from your bill as you state you did not use anything from the mini bar. I understand the frustration you must have experienced on removing the item and then realising that it had sensors but again, I am sure this could have been resolved had you said something to reception. Please contact my PA Holly Randall (holly.randall@hilton.com) and we will look to reimburse you with the charges.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write a review and I very much look forward to being able to welcome you back to Hilton London Kensington in the not too distant future.

With best wishes,

Mystic
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Picked this place online, for two-night stay at Easter 2012, with zero knowledge and moderate expectations. I was very pleasantly surprised. The room was small but I was given a free upgrade so king-size bed, bathrobes etc. The place was clean, nicely equipped and everything worked. The place is well-run and the staff try hard to please (and smile). Location is excellent - the tube (subway) and a huge, modern shopping mall are a short walk away. What's not to like?

Room Tip: Ask if the room faces the main road. There are plenty of late night sirens and other noises ... but...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank shuffleoff
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review on our hotel, I was so pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us whilst on your business trip.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Kensington on your next trip to London, be it business or pleasure, when we can provide you with another pleasant stay and many more smiles from the team!

los angeles
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I stayed there for one night and the front desk staff was very friendly! The room was clean and beautiful! The only problem I saw is that the ceiling in the bathroom is not that high and tall people may have some difficulties if they want to take a shower... The room service was also very good but the food is quite expensive.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I was absolutely delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am most grateful for you sharing your satisfaction with us and others.

I am however very sorry that you experienced difficulties with the height of the ceiling above the shower. I will be looking into whether we can ensure that guests do not face issues such as this when using the bathrooms.

Once again, many thanks for your kind words and I very much hope to be able to welcome you back to Hilton London Kensington soon!

Fleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I have stayed at the Hilton Hotel Kensington 3 or 4 times over the last few years on business, mainly due to the convenience to my workplace on the Central line. As far as Hotels go it has decent amenities including a small gym, good bar in lobby showing sports, but the rooms are in a need of a revamp are also very small. It is a good location for mine as it is very easy to get to the West End as tube is 5 min walk as is overland train. Staff are friendly and helpful, Westfield Mall is just across the road (which is absolutely fantastic for shopping and food), Shepherds Bush green has a few pubs which are fine (can be a little dodgy round there late at night but not much to worry about). Would I stay there with a family – no as the rooms are too small but for one or a couple they are suffice. So as far as Hiltons go its fine – not a honeymoon hotel but good enough for Business trip.

Room Tip: Rooms are comparatively small, hence a twin is two single beds not two doubles you may find in other...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am most grateful to you for writing a review on our hotel. I was delighted to read that you are a frequent guest and that you choose to come back to us when you are away on business.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Kensington on your next trip to London when you can take advantage of all of our amenities again and so that we can continue to provide you with the highest standard of service to which you deserve.

With best wishes,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 9, 2012

This was a mediocre experience, but the hotel was cheap, so I guess it was in line with what we paid (by London's expensive standards). However, we had all kinds of ridiculous problems, the kind which should never happen at a professionally run hotel. We were first allotted a room that was not ready, the bed had not been made. They sorted that out quickly enough, got us a new room, offered us complimentary drinks at the bar, which we declined (we were way too tired after a 11 hr flight, drinks were the last thing on our mind, especially when traveling with a 2 year old). But it's the thought that counts.

The room was ridiculously small, but refer to what I said about the price (you get what you pay for!). I did need to use the internet, despite the 14.99 GBP price tag. The problem was that I kept losing connection to the internet, I don't think I was able to connect for more than 30 seconds on 3 occasions, and instead spent 1 hour trying to figure out what was wrong. I finally had to call their "internet help desk" who told me that the room I was in was just at the periphery of two zones and had a problem getting WiFi coverage (presumably the hotel staff know of this problem already, before they assign the room?). However they couldn't help me getting a refund, I would have to speak to the hotel.

Since the drain in the shower was also clogged, which was nasty, we complained, they responded positively and changed us to a slightly nicer (and bigger!) room the following day. The internet worked fine, the bathtub drained satisfactorily, etc., etc. The next day, before we were due to check-out, we got the bill for the "extras", which included the internet charges for the day where the internet didn't work. I went over to the front desk, and complained saying the internet had not worked and I would not pay for it. The woman at the reception told me that the hotel couldn't do anything about it, since it was an external internet provider. What? The Hilton offers internet service. They charge 15 quid for the service. But, when the service, doesn't work, why do I have to call someone else (BT?) to get the charges reversed? Who is billing me? It was very hard to get them to understand how illogical their position was. I finally got the shift manager who reversed the charges. I then took a closer look at the bill and realized that they had charged me for 2 local calls that I had not made. I never use the phone, I always use Skype and the internet, it's so much cheaper and convenient. It was absurd, but we were running late for the airport and I was tired of arguing with them (it took me about 15 minutes to get them to admit that it was their responsibility that the internet wasn't working properly in the room), so I just paid up the 1.30 quid in phone charges and left it that. Suffice it to say that I will not be returning.

The hotel otherwise is unremarkable, just your typical hotel. It's reasonably located, about 5 minutes from Holland Park tube, and about 15 minutes from Notting Hill or High Street Kensington (walking). It would be perfect for singles or couples, not really good for families with small children. Didn't really try the food or anything, there's tonnes of options within the area for all of that.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I was very disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

I must sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you and your family on arrival at the hotel when your room was not ready. The system which we have in place is that when a room has been vacated, cleaned and is ready for occupancy, the status changes to ready. I can only assume that while the maids were finishing the room it was changed to ready in anticipation but I will be speaking to housekeeping to ensure that this does not happen to save any inconvenience such as that caused to yourself.

With regards to the internet, we have been experiencing some technical problems recently as we have switched providers but I can assure you that this matter is being dealt with and thoroughly investigated as the last thing we want is to cause any unnecessary inconvenience or stress whilst our guests are staying with us and I can understand how frustrating this must have been for you. I am sorry that you feel you did not receive enough assistance in resolving the issues you had and I will be speaking to the team about this.

I very much hope that you will return to Hilton London Kensington in the future where we can prove to you that we care and value each and every guest and that we can change your view on our hotel and show the high level of standards which we provide. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention as it is only through such feedback that we are able to better our products and services.

Hilton London Kensington.