“Very good hotel, worth the extra distance”

Hilton London Kensington
Ranked #515 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I highly recommend the Hilton for tourists who don't mind using the tube (subway) to get around London. While a bit further out, it is located near Shepherd's Bush and Holland Park metro station (6 min. walk), near a few restaurants, pubs, etc. Excellent price - worth every penny and easy access to downtown. I paid less than $160 / night, buffet breakfast included. Small, clean, efficent room. Don't get turned off by facade - needs a bit of a face lift. But well appointed, excellent service, etc. I am a very fussy traveller and I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Good value for money - neat subway station - Holland Park
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (4,389)

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Stayed here for two weeks, and everything about the hotel was great. The service was great, the location was great, the bus is located right outside the hotel and you can take it to do all your shopping and sightseeing. They also offer tours. The underground and mall are also just minutes away.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Hilton-Kensington, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review which you have posted on TripAdvisor after your stay at the Hilton London Kensington.

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your two week stay with us. Your compliments of the teams great service will be passed on and are very much appreciated.

Thank you again for your response.

Regards,

Kensington Care Team

Reviewed July 31, 2011

I stayed here for a week for work. Overall, very good - service excellent, bar + restaurant good if pricey (but it is London, after all!). It's not central, but the tube links are good.
I have 2 gripes:
1. My one gripe about my whole stay - noise from a maintenance room. When I checked in, I was told I was in the part of the hotel which had just been refurbished. Lovely, I thought. And it was - great room (looking out at a brick wall, but you can't have everything), clearly everything new. BUT right next to something called a "service room" - which turned out to have machinery churning away in it. I got no sleep for 3 nights because of the low level hum. Having complained about it, they were great and actually moved all of my stuff for me while I was out during they day. My new room was lovely and quiet - but in the older part of the hotel. Very much in need of an update with cracked tiles in the bathroom etc and, bizarrely, a bed on wheels which moved around a lot! If I'd paid for a top class hotel, I'd have been pretty disappointed to be in that room. So DEFINITELY ask for a room in the bit which has just been refurbished.
2. It's very definitely a business hotel - but really it's pretty poor for a business hotel not to offer wifi. Really poor, in fact. It really needs to catch up, and fast - lots of other places offer free wifi at least in communal areas, and most in rooms too. Here, they want to absolutely sting you, and make you pay for it by the hour. Don't do it - go to the Westfield shopping centre over the road, settle yourself down with a nice coffee in one of the coffee shops or bars, and use the free wifi there instead.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Our stay at the Hilton Kensington was to have a look around the Kensington area and to see two shows, the hotel is first class with very nice rooms we had an upgrade that gave us entry into to executive room with free coffee tea and cakes, well worth the cost, we had two lovely meals in the bar for lunch, in all the Hotel was very comfortable and would return.
The down side if there was one is that the Hotel is not in Kensington but in Shepherds Bush- Holland Park area, The bus stops out side and takes you into the city also the underground is close by..

Room Tip: very clean
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor following your stay with us. We appreciate all feedback from guests as it allows us to monitor our service levels and standards.

The Hilton London Kensington Hotel is located in the London Bourough of Kensington and Chelsea, however the closest underground stations are Holland Park and Shepherds Bush.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Regards,

Kensington Care Team

Reviewed July 30, 2011

We got a fantastic rate for this hotel incl. breakfast, close to Shepherds Bush tube station and Westfield shopping centre. Central line will have you on Oxford Street in 25 mins. Queue for breakfast can be long and there can be a wait to get seated which can be annoying. Our room was 3083, average room but we have no complaints given the rate. I agree with other reviews about the airlines using the hotel and the queue can get long to get to reception. All in all if you are happy to use the tube this is a good hotel in a quiet location and easy to get into the city centre.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed once in this hotel for business. Very fancy decoration and design in the room. Good staff, one receptionist speaks Russian. Clean and comfortable place, recoommend for people who can afford it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights. The walk from Holland park tube is starightforward enough along a nice tree lined road, took about 5 minutes being a few hundred metres. On the walk you pass shops,amongst them a Tesco, and various eateries and a pub.

Check in was speedy and i was upgraded to a room at the front of the hotel. I had no problems with noise in this room which faced onto the main road. The a/c in my room kept the temperature pleasant so there was no need to open the window for ventilation.
The room was fine, clean and I slept well.

I took breakfast in the hotel as part of my room package , and as ever everything was on offer and I came away quite full and set for the day.

The Westfield shopping centre is close by and there are restaurants of varying cuisines there , though I didnt try any myself. Being a simple soul a nearby Weatherspoons did me for a pub meal and pint each evening. I also had a beer in The Castle Pub , which you pass (or don't in my case!!) on the walk from Holland Park Tube. A nice pub, with a selection of Real Ales available.

But back to the Hotel, I found it a nice comfortable place to stay and woulod certainly stay there again

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo