I booked this through a third party site, where my room was listed as with a queen size bed. I was very shocked when I arrived to find a room which would make student accommodation look generous. I was informed this was a 'standard room' with a 'double bed'. I said under no circumstances would I be staying in such a tiny room when this was not as booked, and explained my booking had stated a queen size bed, not what they referred to as a 'standard room'. They said they had no record of this, but to stop me cancelling my booking and walking out they said they would move me to a queen size room, but only as they had a couple free. The room I was moved to was acceptable, but I was still very unhappy at having to debate this. I travel frequently with work, and have stayed at Hiltons among many others in many countries, and have never been so disappointed. So for anyone booking here, check which room you are being allocated before arrival. If a 'standard room' I would strongly advise booking elsewhere as these rooms are unbelievably small, and the 'double bed' is not UK double size, and not suitable for more than one person. Also, this hotel is not the normal Hilton standard in my opinion, very basic, and not what you expect of a Hilton.
I have to say the location is great though, a great area of London near many restaurants, several tube stations, and the wonderful Hyde Park. I would recommend staying at the DoubleTree 100 metres away though, I have stayed here previously, this is owned by Hilton but actually the standard you expect of such a brand, and infinitely superior.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton London Hyde Park fully completed its multi-million pound extensive refurbishment in June 2016. The work included a full revamp of meeting space, common areas and guest rooms. The number of rooms offered by the hotel has increased and there has been extensive restaurant expansion. All 136 bedrooms offer contemporary spaces with a classic twist, keeping in line with the rich history of the Grade II listed Edwardian building to cover the needs of the modern traveller. The plan also involved adding a new room type for families to reflect the increase of guests coming to visit London for leisure, looking for more space and comfort. The four new rooms are built so they can be accessed via a private door on a floor of their own and can be hired exclusively for larger groups, giving guests the comfort, personalisation and flexibility they need. The hotel also redesigned its restaurant space and turned what used to be tanning studio and hairdresser into Aubaine Hyde Park Restaurant, offering true blend of cosmopolitan style and French cuisine. All dining options are designed with you in mind. Start the day with a hearty breakfast or nutritious light bite or relax with a cup of coffee in the Aubaine Lounge Bar. From business brunches to pre-dinner drinks and everything in between, the options at Hilton are catered especially for you. All 136 guest rooms and Coburg meeting room for up to 30 guests offer wireless internet access. New Hilton Worldwide Cancellation policies: no cancellation charges until 1 day prior to arrival, 11:59pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hilton London Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Hyde Park Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- London Hilton
- Hilton London Hyde Park England