The location of this hotel is ideal on the north side of Hyde Park, well Kensington Gardens more accurately and right next door to Queensway tube station and when you enter the reception area it has all the normal expectations of a Hilton Hotel, well trained staff and clean. However that is where it stops.
The bar area is attractive with stained glass showing its age and has a small but well stocked bar but it was like a sauna (maybe a not so subtle ploy to get you to purchase more drinks). Drink prices are high, be warned and 12.5% service charge is levied.
Next to the bar area is the retaurant although I use the term loosely. I ate breakfast from the buffet there which was adequate but I certainly would not consider dinner as it gives the impression of having a tiny kitchen that caters for low cost guests (I may be wrong of course).
Rooms are typically Hilton (although I did have the privilege of a Superior Room) but because of the age only have secondary glazing which doesn't keep too much of the Bayswater Road traffic out. However, the heat in them is unbearable especially as the air conditioning was not working. The secondary glazing did nothing to help the situation as attempts to open the windows met with some frustration and exacerbated the Bayswater Road traffic noise. I am also glad that I tested the temperature of the shower before getting under it or I would surely have received 2nd degree burns.
All-in-all I have stayed in lower priced London Hotels than this and had a much better experience. Back to Doubletree next time!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton London Hyde Park fully completed its multi-million pound extensive refurbishment in June 2016. The work included a full revamp of meeting space, common areas and guest rooms. The number of rooms offered by the hotel has increased and there has been extensive restaurant expansion. All 136 bedrooms offer contemporary spaces with a classic twist, keeping in line with the rich history of the Grade II listed Edwardian building to cover the needs of the modern traveller. The plan also involved adding a new room type for families to reflect the increase of guests coming to visit London for leisure, looking for more space and comfort. The four new rooms are built so they can be accessed via a private door on a floor of their own and can be hired exclusively for larger groups, giving guests the comfort, personalisation and flexibility they need. The hotel also redesigned its restaurant space and turned what used to be tanning studio and hairdresser into Aubaine Hyde Park Restaurant, offering true blend of cosmopolitan style and French cuisine. All dining options are designed with you in mind. Start the day with a hearty breakfast or nutritious light bite or relax with a cup of coffee in the Aubaine Lounge Bar. From business brunches to pre-dinner drinks and everything in between, the options at Hilton are catered especially for you. All 136 guest rooms and Coburg meeting room for up to 30 guests offer wireless internet access. New Hilton Worldwide Cancellation policies: no cancellation charges until 1 day prior to arrival, 11:59pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com and Expedia so you can book your Hilton London Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Hyde Park Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- London Hilton
- Hilton London Hyde Park England