This hotel overlooks the Park but that's about the best that can be said for it. We arrived having phoned ahead to ask for a twin-bedded room, rather than a double, which seemed to cause some difficulties and eventually we were allocated a room although I am not sure that the upgrade to a Deluxe room from a standard, which was part of the deal when we booked, was in fact a reality. It is hard to imagine what could have been more standard than the room we got, which was quite small, some fittings shabby and the beds like concrete shelves. The room service was expensive and not very appetising, but we ordered breakfast in our room for the next morning, to arrive between 7.30 and 8. This arrived at around 8.20, after a call at about 7.55 apologising for the lateness and assuring us breakfast would be with us "in a few minutes". Almost everything we had ordered was lacking, including organge juice, which came 20 minutes later. The toast, plonked on a dish, was flabby before it got to us, and there were no plates at all. One ofnthe worst hotel experiences I have ever endured.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton London Hyde Park offers a prime location overlooking Britain's most famous park at the entrance of Kensington Palace. Conveniently located in Bayswater, this traditional townhouse hotel is adjacent to two underground stations, Queensway and Bayswater, servicing the Central, Circle and District lines. All of London's key destinations are within 20 minutes travel from the hotel. Originally built as the Coburg Court Hotel in 1907, this grade II listed Edwardian Townhouse later changed to the Coburg Hotel in the early 1960's. In keeping with the hotel's tradition, guest rooms are elegantly designed with a classic twist, keeping the modern traveler in mind. Whether it is shopping, sightseeing or business that brings you to London, we aim to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere. With London's favourite Royal Park situated right in front of the hotel, enjoy a jog or a relaxing walk in Hyde Park. The Kensington Palace, Serpentine Lake, and Diana Memorial fountain also offer interesting places to visit. You will also reach the shopping district (Oxford Street) within minutes, as well as Portobello Antiques Market and Harrods. Hilton London Hyde Park offers relaxed dining in the Library Lounge and is based in the bustling Bayswater District, bordered by Edgware Road, Kensington, and Notting Hill which are all known for their international gastronomic influences. All 132 guest rooms and our two meeting rooms for up to 100 guests offer wireless internet access. New Hilton Worldwide Cancellation policies: no cancellation charges until 1 day prior to arrival, 11:59pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Hilton London Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Hyde Park Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- London Hilton
- Hilton London Hyde Park England