“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #131 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Nottingham, UK
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed in the Four Seasons for my birthday in April and it's five star professional service from start to finish. We were treated like royalty from the time we entered the front door, and the staff are professional, attentive and welcoming.
The location is great, a short walk from the Docklands railway and walking distance to the array of shops and bars in the Canary Wharf area. One side of the hotel looks out over the River Thames (but comes with a higher price tag) whilst our room overlooked the grey dual carriageway of the Westferry Circus outside, but the rooms are furnished to a very high standard. There are L'occitane toiletries in the the bathroom - impressive!
The lobby bar has a lovely relaxed atmosphere and is well stocked.
When I got home I realised that I'd left a dress in the wardrobe, and within a day or so the duty manager had posted it back to me recorded delivery, which was a very efficient.
All in all, I can't fault a single thing and will be back.

Room Tip: The river view rooms are more expensive but the views are probably amazing!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Flem2002
Ian P, Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave a TripAdvisor review.
We always appreciate hearing feedback from our guests and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Canary Riverside Plaza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Polish first
Nairobi
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Excellent first class business hotel, sitting nicely on the Thames, with a small gym in the hotel itself but easy access to the excellent Virgin gym next door. Nice rooms, great service, everything worked, and a 5-10 minute walk to the center of Canary Wharf

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful stay at the Four Seasons. I was astonished at the level of kindness and the genuine care of the staff. On the second day I unfortunately had to complain as I could hear a humming noise which kept me up; without hesitation they said they could move us or we could stay in the room and wait for an engineer to fix the problem. We said we'd like to move and within 15 minutes we had staff move our luggage and make up our new room. To my surprise they not only moved us but upgraded us! I can't fault the staff in any way. 20 minutes after we had moved in they sent a maid with chocolates as an apology - still quite shocked, but was very pleased with this attention. The staff were always on hand to help us and nothing was too much. Even at check out they apologised again for the sleep disturbance and hoped we would return.

The location is great if you want peace and quiet as well as an awesome view. There are plenty of restaurants nearby. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the tube station and 7 minutes from the DLR.

I did have a few niggles about the place but they are not things that would deter me from coming back. 1) I thought the wallpaper let the room down - in our suite there were places where it was coming off the wall. I think for a 5* it should be kept updated and looking fresh - it made the room look a bit tired.

2) We had room service and ordered from the restaurant Quadrato. Food was delicious although I paid £25 for a chicken curry with naan bread and rice. The chicken was scarce and served in a small bowl. For the price I paid I expected double the amount of chicken; there were more vegetables in the bowl than anything else. Slightly disappointing. N.B. They charge £3 for delivery and a discretionary 12.5% service charge. My boyfriend added 10% by accident thinking that the total price didn't include the service charge - just be aware!

3) The cutlery they provided was a bit old; as I ate the ice cream (which was the best I have ever had!) I could feel the dents in the spoon.

Overall, I had a fantastic stay and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Centi23

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We won't stay anywhere else in London. This version of the Four Seasons, right on the River Thames is an absolute oasis. From the indoor lap pool and gym nearby, to the quiet and attentive, and impeccably trained staff within the hotel, Four Seasons Canary Wharf oozes welcome. The staff made every effort to make our then 5 year old daughter feel at home with special toys, games and paraphernalia, and our every whim and wish was catered for, as you would expect from a luxury hotel. The path along the river is a beautiful walk, and the trip on the ferry up to Victoria Embankment is comfortable, convenient and inexpensive. The views from the river are of course, to die for, and the view from the Four Seasons itself is fabulous, especially at night and in the early hours of the morning. Whilst it means a trip in a Black Cab for a night at the Theatre, the quiet location, and elegant appointments make this hotel our number one choice for any visit to London.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 14, 2014

This hotel is near to everything in the City of London for a business stay. The staff are very friendly and anxious to please. Everything that you would expect to find in a 5 Star hotel you'll find here. This is an excellent travel experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room not near to the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Latoya519

Stock, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Have stayed here a couple of times recently on business and would thoroughly recommend. On my last visit I arrived very early for check-in, but the fabulous reception staff just offered me tea in the lounge while they found m a room that was ready - fantastic service and total unexpected. The room itself (a Superior City View) was large and comfortable with a well appointed bathroom and good entertainment selection. Didn't eat in the restaurant, but the room service food was good and service (as ever) prompt and very professional. My package included a spa treatment which was provided in a small treatment area within the hotel (a couple of converted rooms I suspect rather than a purpose built beauty therapy suite). the treatment was very pleasant and service just like elsewhere professional and pleasant. The Canary Wharf Four Seasons is just as you'd would like a Four Seasons to be - calm, comfortable with great service and fabulous beds. Would not hesitate in choosing again.

Room Tip: If you've seen the Thames before then probably not worth the £50 room rate uplift for the view!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Buckinghamshire UK
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We recently spent a very comfortable night here, as we were flying to Florence from the City Airport very early the next morning.

We had a suite which was well appointed though not as luxurious as many FS resorts. The view however was very good and the bed extremely comfortable.

We enjoyed our meal in the restaurant (Italian) and were impressed by the service. E.g. within moments of arriving in our suite there was a knock on the door and a bowl of fruit was brought in for us. The next morning we had ordered a cab for 5.30am. When we came down in the lift there was a member of staff waiting for us who, having offered us coffee first, escorted us to our cab, ensuring we were comfortably settled in (telling the cab driver to move the front passenger seat forwards for example so my tall husband had more legroom in the back).
Although not as luxurious as some FS, this is an extremely comfortable place to stay with the reassuring levels of FS service that we love.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple