“Fabulous”

Ranked #131 of 1,088 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We have just returned from a three night stay at The Four Seasons, Canary Wharf.
This was a birthday surprise for me and up to the moment we arrived I had no idea this was where we were staying.
We were greeted with friendly, courteous staff and a glass of prosecco!
The room was lovely and the champagne & chocolate covered strawberries my husband had arranged, a delight.
A birthday cake was put in the room on the day of my birthday by the hotel, which was a lovely gesture.
The bathroom was full of fluffy towels, quality dressing gowns and L'Occitane bath products.
Service exceeded expectations.
The only downside is that I am now spoilt. Having stayed in other hotels in the Wharf, nothing will ever compare!
Thank you Four Seasons for giving me a truly Happy Birthday.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Jools1409
I was so happy to read your lovely review following your special birthday stay with us!

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit, and it’s wonderful that you and your husband will enjoy happy memories of your special celebration.

You are very kind to have taken the time to write about your stay, and when I shared your kind comments with the team, everyone was very happy to know that you enjoyed the treats and the service.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back on future occasions and do let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Polish first
San Dimas, California, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I am a retired school teacher. My husband bought me an upgraded wedding ring about 15 years ago when a got my second masters degree. It was purchased for 35,000.00, but currently worth about 65,000.00. It had a center stone 2.52 carats VSI and 9 additional carats. It was stolen out of my room at this hotel in June of this year. My insurance would not cover it because I was out of the country. I did a police report and volunteered to the hotel that I would take a lie detector test or whatever they would like to prove that I was not in possession of the ring. Their own CCTV shows me not wearing the ring out of the hotel on the day it was stolen. I have been through numerous interviews and for two and a half months I have been promised their insurance company will call me. Guess what? No call. I have a pacemaker, a faulty heart, and am currently recovering from uterine cancer. I wanted to be able to leave my daughters my ring if things don't work out, but I can't even get a phone call from these people. It makes me sick.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Susan G
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Ms. Graham
We have been in direct one on one communication with you on this matter and look forward to discussing with you directly.
Regards
Michael Purtill
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I've stayed twice at this hotel, both on business. Up to the standards you expect out of a Four Seasons property. Rooms are spacious and well appointed. Staff is really friendly and from the maids to the manager, they treat you very well. Every day you get your copy of the FT and they provide complimentary shoe shining service. What more businessy than that! I've stayed facing both sides of the hotel so on the one side you get to see the O2 arena and a glimpse of the Olympic Village and on the other some fine views of the Thames. Very convenient if you're in Canary Wharf for business although access to the main attractions is not that complicated via the tube or boat, still Canary Wharf is a good 20 minutes away from the main tourist attractions in London

Room Tip: Obviously river view rooms are fantastic but if you do get one, try for one with towards the south...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Merchanda
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent business trips to London, and it’s wonderful that you enjoyed your visits.

I have shared your very kind comments about the friendliness of the team with everyone – it really is a great motivator for the team to know when our guests have enjoyed staying with us.

I hope you will visit us again soon – and looking at the photo that you took, I hope you will see some sunshine on your next visit!

Wroclaw, Poland
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed here two times already, traveled in business. Great location, if your business target location is Canary Wharf, however, it’s quite easy to go to the center

What was OK:
- really helpful staff, if any issue occur they are really focused to solve it as quick as possible
- large and very comfortable beds
- very good bathroom with shower and bathtub available
- excercise room available, so no need to go to Fitness Center if you just want to make some basic excercises
- The Doorman! This fantastic man made me smile every morning, it's was just like "hello, nice weather, have a good day" but he really made me feel a bit better.
- A lot of small things that just make your life easier but are not always appreciated (e.g. a bookmark for the book I left on the table, plug adapter, and so on...)

What was not OK:
- My shoes were not delivered back on time after shoe shine service, however the staff immediately offered a compensation for this inconvenience. Also they’ve delivered my shoes after 10 minutes – luckily I was not in a hurry that morning…
- Quite expensive breakfasts – I did not have a breakfast option included in my rate, but GBP 60 is I guess a bit too much, especially if one prefers some freedoms in this topic. There was no buffet option available at that time.

Summarizing – an expensive hotel however I guess it’s not a major problem for business guests. In my opinion it's worth it.
I would love to consider it for a family visit in London, as I know it as a family hotel too, but price may be a bit too high for a personal trip.

Room Tip: That's quite obvious - select high-floor River-view room whenever possible.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bart_Camel
Dear Bart_Camel
Thank you for staying with us several times while you were in London on business.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the service from the team, particularly Shabul at the Front Door – he really is truly unique and full of personality! I have shared your kind words with him, and he is thrilled.

I am sorry that we were late in delivering your shoes after the shoe-shine service, which was a slip up on our part.

You mentioned a family visit, and I would be delighted to arrange this for you. There are so many great family experiences in the local area, and within the hotel we can make many fun arrangements for our younger guests.

It would be a pleasure to meet you and your family, and do let me know if I can help with this.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed here for my wife's 40th, she loves spa/gyms, this place from previous stays (over 6 years since last stay, due to finances-missionary work) as superb facilities now a virgin gym.
But comes with free use..it's that good you could stay for that alone, never mind the superb views of Thames, easy trip by boat (staff rude, on these boats) 26 mins to embankment 15 mins to west end..
Great chinese testirant next to hotel, amongst other choices. The hotel Staff, all of them, were brilliant, nothing to much trouble, loved the little chock birthday cake for my wife.. V v v nice gesture.
Breakfast were plentiful and amazing..
Yep FANTASTIC..
And no I do not work there, this is genuine feedback.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear AnthonyCEGan
Crikey – what a lovely review!

Thank you so much for your very kind words, and I am delighted that you and your wife enjoyed this 40th birthday visit. It’s wonderful that you will both have great memories to share from your special celebration.

I very much appreciate you choosing our hotel again after 6 years and I do hope you will return on future occasions. Do let me know if there’s anything I can do for you.

Stourbridge, West Mids
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My wife and I had certain reservations about booking The Four Seasons at Canary Wharf as we have a 20 month old. Travelling with a toddler often requires an understanding hotel and despite The Four Seasons seeming to be more Business orientated my wife and I need not have been concerned. This hotel was excellent - throughout.

We were made genuinely welcomed on arrival by the door and reception staff however, it was on entering our room that we were truly amazed. Firstly the size of our guest room was larger than expected for a London hotel but moreover the arrangements made for our 20 month old could not have been better. There was a lovely cot with teddy bear, high chair, bathroom step, rubber duck by the side of the bath and a night light which played calming music.

The Four Seasons is a luxury hotel and for my wife and I the bathrobes, huge bed and generous bathroom with separate shower was lovely. The mini bar was also well stocked, and although expensive, made life easy for our needs.

The location of the hotel proved ideal for our visit given that we were meeting family, visiting Greenwich and wanted to be away from the usual hustle of the city. The Thames Clipper has a pier positioned right outside of the hotel and the DLR is within an easy short walk. There are also excellent Riverside walks to be enjoyed together with a variety of quality restaurants including Zizzi and Royal China.

The association the hotel has with the Virgin Health Spa is also superb. Yes the facilities are excellent but moreover the ease of obtaining a pass from reception to access the club was great and the staff at Virgin were welcoming despite our being hotel guests as opposed to health club members. My son and I visited the swimming pool within the Virgin Health Spa twice and had a great hour or so on each occasion. Plenty of complimentary towels to use, large lockers and all very well kept. Other reviewers have critised the timing of the family swim (9am to 11am) but this is unfair. The Virgin Health Spa is a private members only club which accommodates hotel guests with children extremely well.

If you are a family visiting Canary Wharf I cannot recommend this hotel enough. Our experience left us genuinely pleased and we would not hesitate in saying that we will be staying at The Four Seasons Canary Wharf again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 311 which was well appointed and large. Although not viewing to the River, our ro...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank AdamPritchard
Dear AdamPritchard
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review following your stay with your wife and son.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience, particularly the arrangements for your son. Spending time with family is always an important priority, and I am pleased that your family visits to Greenwich and to the Virgin Active pool were so enjoyable for you.

Needless to say, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel, and I hope you will enjoy more adventures together. Next time, you may wish to try a visit to the nearby Mudchute Park where younger children love to see the variety of animals there. We’ve just sponsored a pony there called Pixie.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

Market Harborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We have stayed here for various things in London! You are a two minute walk to the Thames Clipper river taxi! We always stay here if we are going to a concert at the O2! Also to get to the Embankment or Tower Bridge! Easier than a delayed taxi ride to central London! The Hotel is of Four seasons standards, but with a slightly more relaxed, friendly service! The beds are the most comfy I have slept on in most hotels! Amazing breakfast/ brunch! Excellent quality served by lovely friendly staff! What a treat to wake up watching the river come to life! Definatly worth booking a river view room!

Room Tip: River view is worth the extra money! Stay for breakfast it has the best sausages I have tasted!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear RosieNorthampton
I was so happy to read your lovely review!

Thank you very much for your very kind words, especially about the service and the friendliness of the team. I have shared your feedback with everyone and it was smiles all round!

It’s wonderful that you have stayed with us several times already, and I very much hope to meet you in person on future visits, next time you are attending an event at the O2.