“Premium hotel at a business location”

Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel
Ranked #144 of 1,067 Hotels in London
New York City, New York
“Premium hotel at a business location”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Best hotel in Canary Wharf, great views and superb service (it is the Four Season), slightly off the road, so no traffic, very quiet. The rooms are very large and river views fantastic. Addional GBP 17 for high-speed internet connection a minor irritant. Jogging around Isle of Dogs surprisingly pleasant, and staff ready with water when you return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Carlos G
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Carlos G
Thank you for staying with us earlier this month, and I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I have shared your very kind comments about the service with the team.

We have today installed new boosters which will increase the speed of the complimentary internet access. We will continue to monitor this and continue to invest in the IT infrastructure to ensure we can keep up with the ever-increasing demands for more bandwidth. Hopefully you will notice the difference next time you visit! We will also continue to review the pricing of the premium internet service, and I appreciate your feedback on this.

Thank you again for choosing Four Seasons, and I very much hope to meet you in the future.

Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We had an excellent over night stay and would highly recommend the spa treatments available
although slightly higher in price than average. The staff as always at the Four seasons are always
friendly and offer a true five star service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Jacqueline H
I am delighted that you enjoyed your Spa treatments with us and thank you for your very kind comments about the service.

I have shared your feedback with the team, and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

In the meantime I wish you a wonderful week ahead – the sunshine is coming back!

Chicago Ridge, Illinois
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a special rate, which was stil to high, but a friend of mine paid 400 pound per night, with NO breakfast included, an outrage, try the Marriott Hotel just around the corner, just as good and better price

Room Tip: chose a rome facing the river, less noise
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Scott W
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Scott W
Thank you for your comments following your stay with us last month.

I appreciate your feedback regarding room prices. This is something that we actively monitor on a daily basis to ensure we are in line with other hotels of a similar calibre.

We regularly offer special rates at weekends as well as other periods during the year and I very much hope that you will stay with us again. In this respect, I would be delighted to personally oversee your arrangements and you are very welcome to contact me directly. In the meantime I wish you well with your travels.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We are frequent guests at Four Seasons properties, but this was our first visit to the hotel at Canary Wharf. First off, we were disappointed at the very limited pool hours for families. You can only access the pool, which is shared by the Virgin club next door, during the morning hours of 9-11. During this time they block off a small lane as a family swim spot, but as everyone else has been waiting the pool is very crowded with children and you just cannot have a nice swim experience. It all feels very public. They have a very nice hydro-therapy pool as well, but this is off-limits to children. Even my nine year old daughter who would just have liked to have sat next to me in the hydrotherapy pool was told it was not for children.

On the plus side, the four seasons always does a nice job with special bedding for children and a welcome amenity (in this case cookies and candies). On this visit however, there was somehow a mix-up and we were charged upon checkout for the welcome amenity. This charge was reversed after I noticed it and the manager made it clear that the children's amenities are always complimentary. Finally, the hotel is at Canary Wharf, so yes, not in the middle of things. This is sometimes a plus-- quiet on the weekend, but you will be in a cab or on the Thames taxi or the underground.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank worldschooling
Dear worldschooling
Thank you for choosing Canary Wharf for your stay last month with your family, and thank you for your ongoing visits to various Four Seasons hotels.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you regarding the children’s hours in the pool. The swimming pool and associated facilities are operated as a club by Virgin Active, and we review the timings and facilities with them periodically. I appreciate your feedback, which we will certainly take into consideration when we next review the situation.

I am also sorry for our error in charging for the welcome amenity in your room, and I am pleased that this was removed as soon as you noticed it.

It would be a pleasure to meet you in person in the future, and I hope you will visit us again. In this respect, you are very welcome to contact me directly to make the arrangements for you or if there is anything else I can do for you.

Dunnet, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed here for one night when taking my wife to London to celebrate her birthday.As it was a Friday and this hotel caters mostly to business users I got a reasonable (for this standard of hotel in London) rate. Hotel is situated in Canary Wharf so very convenient if you have business there, however it is only 15 miutes by Light Rail or Underground to Central London

Had paid for a Riverview room and was upgraded to Premier Riverview room. Hotel was very spacious with great views over the Thames towards the City. Hotel had taken note of my comments about it being a Birthday occassion and provided a small but lovely cake which we both enjoyed!! Parking is available - expensive but in line with what you would expect.

My wife and I always try to stay at Four Seasons (this is our 6th hotel) as we feel they set the standard for luxury hotels - this was no exception and we look forward to our next stay

Room Tip: Riverview room, if you can afford it gives great views
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear broughbadger
I am so pleased that you chose Canary Wharf as your 6th Four Seasons, and thank you for your ongoing support of our hotels.

It’s wonderful that you and your wife enjoyed these birthday celebrations and I do hope you will visit us again in the future.

Do let me know if I can assist with any of your future visits to other Four Seasons Hotels – you are working your way nicely through the portfolio!

Edinburgh
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Very nice room, but not worth the £325 price tag. Wifi and Breakfast cost more! Took over an hour to receive my cup of tea and the room service food was disappiointing. Reception staff and concierge were excellent

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank nadinemuir
Dear nadinemuir
Thank you for taking the time to write about is, and also for completing the email Guest Satisfaction Survey that we sent to you following your stay.

I am so sorry for the delay in delivering your tea tray – this was an error that should not have happened, and I apologise for the inconvenience caused. I am also sorry that you did not enjoy the Chocolate Brownie.

Thank you for your kind comments about the Reception and Concierge teams, and I have shared this with them.

I very much hope you will return to stay with us, and please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This hotel is absolutely amazing and me and my partner enjoyed everything about it. Its luxurious right from the get go. You must check out the Spa and have some treatments me and my partner had a couples massage and it was pure bliss, with beautiful views over the Thames. Food was second to none. I have already booked our next stay in October as we are going to the O2 Arena and I cannot wait.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Hannah M
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the treatments and the food.

It’s wonderful that you will be returning in October, and I very much hope to meet you then. Do let me know if there’s any arrangements I can help you with.

In the meantime, enjoy the rest of this glorious summer!