“Fantastic.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #128 of 1,086 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for my girlfriends birthday & we had an amazing time. The staff here are incredible. The spa treatments are out of this world.

The room service is expensive, but the food is of a good quality.

Every member of staff that we encountered were superb. Well done 4 Seasons!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Davidov84
It was so great to read your lovely review this morning. Thank you so much for your very kind comments, and it’s wonderful to know that you both enjoyed your girlfriend’s birthday celebration. I have shared your feedback with the team this morning, and you have made all of us very happy indeed!

I very much hope that you and your girlfriend will stay with us again on future occasions, and in the meantime, please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Warmest wishes
Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to experience much of the hotel - I stayed overnight after Wireless Festival so didn't check in until around midnight, and left early in the morning.
The room was fantastic - great view overlooking the Thames, clean, a complimentary shoe cleaning service (I would have used it but didn't realise until morning it was on offer!), and a generously sized bathroom with walk in shower. I loved the fact there's a piano at the reception (unfortunately it was locked so I wasn't able to play!) but shows some class!
Good stay, only a 4* rating purely because I didn't experience anything - but that's more my bad than the hotel I suppose - but I can't rate a 5* unless I experience something that really wow's me.
Hopefully next time I'm around that way, I'll check in again and have a longer stay.

Room Tip: The view from the room Thames side is great - if you can afford it, go for it!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Lukky_Lukman
Thank you for writing about us following your visit with friends earlier this month, and I hope you enjoyed the wireless Festival!

I’m glad that you enjoyed the views over the Thames – it’s very serene, especially watching all the boats and activity along the river.

It’s wonderful that you wish to plan a longer stay next time you are in the area. You are very welcome to contact me directly if I can assist with any arrangements for you.

In the meantime, I hope you will enjoy the remainder of this glorious summer!

Warmest regards
Kathmandu, Nepal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

The service we received was absolutely fantastic. The concierge helped us get our missing bag delivered from Heathrow, she was so helpful.
My only criticism is the fact that the pool doesn't open until 9am, not convenient for an early morning swim.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear jadecarew
Thank you for choosing to stay with us in May, and I am delighted we were able to reunite you with your missing bag from Heathrow!

I appreciate your comment about the swimming pool opening time at weekends, and thank you for this feedback. We review this with the Virgin Active Club on a regular basis, and feedback such as yours will help in future decisions.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons again soon.

Warmest wishes
Loughborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Our experience of this hotel was a joy from even before our arrival, until the time we sadly had to leave. The Guest Experience Manager made contact before our arrival to enquire whether we required any specific information or guidance. When I did make enquiries, these were answered swiftly, courteously and with detailed information, and the concierge desk arranged a fabulous bouquet of flowers and champagne that was delivered to our room at the pre-arranged time, on the dot. Arriving by car was effortless as the concierge met us at the entrance, assisted with offloading baggage, and valet parked our car whilst we were treated to a welcoming drink at reception, and the receptionist could not do enough to answer our queries and assist. We had arrived earlier than the stated checkin time, but this did not phase them at all, and we were accommodated into a fantastic room with spectacular views of the Thames within a very short space of time. Departure matched the experience in every way, even down to being offered bottles of water as we got into the car. Service throughout our stay was exceptional. We would return to this hotel in a heartbeat!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CrumbieBoys
FSCAW, Public Relations Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear CrumbieBoys,

I am delighted to hear that the team and the service were able to deliver an experience that received such high praise.

We believe that intuitive and warm service are the hallmarks of our wonderful hotel so I was flattered to hear that you found our team to be very welcoming and attentive.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to our hotel and East London soon.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We arrived at the hotel from Paris via train and so were there at 11am. However, Jay who was at the front desk (and also the hotel's asst general mgr) was good enough to make a room available and offer us a nice drink while we waited.

The hotel's location is a bit far from downtown London, but we were looking for that away from the tourist hordes that had invaded London in July. A fast and frequent river boat service connects almost from the hotel's doorstep to major points in the Thames. The Jubilee and DLR lines are accessible via a seven minute walk, or via three stops by busses that stop at the hotel's doorstep.

This seems to be primarily a business persons hotel and so the amenities (like access to the Virgin Active fitness centre and pool, where the Bond flick Skyfall was filmed) and the great bar are helpful. There is not much to do around the hotel itself with smaller kids.

The room's are nicely furnished and have good closet space. Bathrooms are up-to-date and clean. it helps that L'Occitane cosmetics are used throughout. Our deluxe river view room had a magnificent bay window that overlooked the Thames so it was a treat sitting there jn the mornings and evenings watching the boats go by.

We stayed there for four nights and were frequently surprised by little surprises that were left for us by room service (like sweets and bottled water). Lite Internet access is complimentary. The hotel also offers complimentary bottles of water at the front, which is a nice touch when it's hot and muggy outside.

The only sore point in the trip was the advice from the concierge about hiring a cab to go to Heathrow airport (which is quite far). He told us it would cost anywhere from £80-120, but we managed to order a cab online using the Carrot site and they did the job for a flat rate of £48!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank eye_banker
Dear Eye_Banker,

I am delighted to read that you had an excellent stay and your particular praise about the service from our team is gratefully received. I will certainly pass on your compliments to Jay and the rest of the team.

We are also pleased the our hotel’s location in Canary Wharf, right on the banks of the River Thames was an ideal home-away-from home for you and your family.

I hope I will personally have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to our hotel in the near future.

Dorset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have stayed in lots and lots of London hotels, but our first visit here. Will not be the last. Our experience was much improved because we got upgraded to a top floor deluxe room with a view over the Thames. We were dumbstruck and could not believe our luck, the views are simply sensational. I would surmise that this is a business hotel and weekend visitors are more likely to get this treatment? We found the staff to be exceptionally friendly and helpful and I cannot say anything negative about this hotel, we loved our stay. We found this to be a super setting for a chill-out weekend in London away from the busy centre with loads of restaurants nearby. If I had to find any negatives at all it would be the ten minute walk to the nearest tube! Yes, seriously, best I can manage!

Room Tip: If your budget can take it then an upper floor river view is well worth the expenditure.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Hudwit,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments and particularly the ones about the team.

I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us and the upgrade to a deluxe room, which benefits from some truly amazing views of the River Thames, especially at night.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next weekend break to London.

Communications Manager.
Woking, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed Sat night for one night, flawless service from check in to check out, lots of little extra touches along the way! Offered bottles of water on check in, due to heat, and complimentary little Lemon Meringue tarts at 4 pm brought to room! Bed was really comfortable, great bathroom, all in all I look forward to another opportunity to stay at 4 seasons in Canary Wharf. We went for a walk on Sunday prior to check out and on return were once again offered complimentary bottled water when we arrived back. Staff all seem very friendly and efficient, which in hospitality you would think should be the norm, but as we all know, it doesn't always work out like that! So kudos to the management team, great experience and keep it up!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ted D,

Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Hotel London at Canary Wharf for your recent visit to London and for sharing your experience.

Naturally, I am delighted to hear that our team and the service delivered were “flawless”, receiving such high praise. We pride ourselves in offering warm and memorable experiences, so it is wonderful to hear that you found our team to be very intuitive with all the special touches.

I hope I will have the pleasure of personally welcoming you back soon.

Best wishes,