“Theatre Break in London”

Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel
Ranked #282 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Deciding we needed a break away from home we booked three nights at The Four Seasons Canary Wharf which allowed us to take advantage of their 3 nights for the price of 2 promotion.

We stayed in a suite facing the Thames. The room was beautifully set out, large bathroom with another toilet off the lounge area. The bed was large and extremely comfortable. The view over the Thames was fantastic and we often passed short periods just watching the river traffic moving up and down the river.

The hotel itself is perhaps best suited to those who have visited London before and are not so keen to be in the West End buzz. That said the tube is relatively close by and getting in and out of the West End was no problem. We found one of Carluccio's restaurants close to the hotel and enjoyed a couple of late night meals there after our theatre excursions.

The front desk staff and indeed all staff we met were unfailingly helpful, pleasant and gracious - seems to be the hallmark of Four Seasons and it is very much valued and appreciated.

All in all a delightful break and we would be happy to go back to the hotel in the future.

Room Tip: It's probably worth paying the extra supplement for views of the river.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear ledcam
It’s wonderful that you chose to stay with us last month to enjoy a weekend break in London to visit the theatre.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the views from your suite – it’s very serene watching the river, with the beautiful backdrop of the city of London in the background.

Thank you for your kind comments about the team, which I have shared with everybody – it truly is very much appreciated to receive warm feedback such as this.

I very much hope to meet you in person next time you are in London, and in the meantime, do let me know if there’s anything we can do for you.

Warmest regards

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed here for 7 nights due to its proximity to the DLR & Jubilee Lines (5-15 minute walk) as well as to the ExCel exhibition centre. The hotel is new, clean and spacious with service oriented staff. Everyone greeted you with a smile and generally by name. The gym that you have access to is amazing and the hotel is situated right on the water with decent restaurants nearby. Canary Wharf in general is a bit sterile with all new construction but the location does allow for easy access to tourist areas via the tube.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Cad03909
I am so pleased that you chose to stay with us for a week while you were in London east-side on business.

Thank you for your very kind comments, which I have shared with the team.

I hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again next time you are in London. In the meantime I wish you a wonderful summer ahead.

Warmest regards

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night recently and it was all i expected of a Four Seasons. Top class staff, cleanliness and amenities. Not in anyway classical or old style, but it's Canary Wharf!! Wonderful restaurant staff who were very attentive and relaxed.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Happy2Swim
Thank you so much for your very kind comments following your stay with us in January.

I have shared your feedback with the team, and we all hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Not necessarily a place you would choose for a weekend trip to London. But perfect for a business trip to Canary Wharf. Modern lobby, italian restaurant with a decent selection of beer and wine, spacious rooms - at least mine would have been accessible with a wheelchair. And they say their spa is huge. I did not have time to check, but had a glimpse of it from the restaurant and the pool area looks enormous.

• Stayed: March 2013
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Staunender
Thank you for writing about us following your stay earlier this month!

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we will be able to persuade you to return for a weekend – perhaps during the summer when drinks and dinner are served al fresco on the terrace by the private gardens leading to the river.

The pool is one of the most unique in London with its infinity edge and floor to ceiling windows – I hope you’ll have the opportunity to try it out on your next visit. You may be interested to know that it was used in the Bond film, Skyfall.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We came down from Cambridge for the Country-to-Country concert at the O2 Saturday afternoon. The hotel is in the financial district of the wharf so they cater to the business crowd. Check in was fast and pleasant. The room was clean and large with a nice walk-in shower and extra-large bathtub. There were two little cream deserts on the table and Four Seasons robes in the bathroom. We took the taxi to the concert and returned about midnight to find that housekeeping had come in and straightened up the room again. The bed was very comfortable with large pillows. The next morning we ordered the room service full english breakfast. The food was perfect...but they forgot to put the basket of pastries on the cart that is part of the meal...no big deal really as we were full anyway. I mentioned this at the desk at checkout and the manager on duty immediately took 9 pounds off the bill and said they would give us some pastries to take with us. We declined but the offer was appreciated. We will stay there again when we come down for the next concert at the O2.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matt S

Dear Matt S
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope you enjoyed the concert at the O2.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit, and it’s wonderful that you would like to stay with us again next time you are going to an event at the O2. I’m sorry that we missed the pastries, although I am pleased that we subsequently offered some for you to take home with you.

We look forward to welcoming you back here to Canary Riverside and do let me know if there’s anything I can do for you.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Really amazingly quiet and beautiful hotel. Like other Four Seasons staff is extremely nice and helpful. While Canary Wharf feels like Battery Park in NY there is a "calmness" about this area that takes one out of the hustle and bustle of London. It is less that a 3 minute walk to the West Ferry Circus DLR which takes you to Bank (financial district) so my commute to work was about 20 minutes. A nice La Berera cafe is attached to the property for coffee or pastry (the greek yougurt parfait was my go to breakfast!) And it is super easy to jump on the Thames Clipper to go explore Greenwich (my tourist part of the trip). Also very kid friendly but the pool has kid only hours from 9 - 11 am. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear SFbelle14
I am so pleased that you enjoyed the tranquillity of our location here on the banks of the Thames, and thank you for your very kind comments about the team.

It’s also wonderful that in addition to your short commute to work, you were also able to enjoy some “down time” and take a boat to explore Greenwich.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next time you are in London.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I normally stay in the West End and this was my first stay and I will be back. Every thing was done perfectly - the gym, coffee, breakfast (good to see them open at 6.30 am) and wireless was all good. While it is a 10 minute walk to the tube there are plenty of trains. Other London hotels could learn from their service levels.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HaweaBob
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear HaweaBob
I am so pleased that you had the opportunity to stay with us here at Canary Riverside as a change from your usual West End locations, and it’s wonderful that you enjoyed your visit!

Thank you for taking time to write about us, and I very much hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

In the meantime, I wish you a wonderful week ahead.