“Excellent Staff and Great rooms!!!”

Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel
Ranked #125 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Budd Lake, New Jersey
“Excellent Staff and Great rooms!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Excellent Staff and Great rooms!!! I recommend this hotel and because the Staff members are outstanding and make you feel at home and valued guests!!! If you have the opportunity please stay at this Hotel. I do recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Liz Ann M
Thank you so much for recommending our hotel.

We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us last month, and the team was extremely happy to read your very kind comments. We love to make people feel at home!!

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to stay with us here at Canary Riverside in the not too distant future.

Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Polish first
Oslo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is a very good hotel located in the London City business area. Stayed there as a family of 3 and we really enjoyed our stay. Due to it's location the hotel is obviously oriented towards business travelers however it offers good weekend deals. Great first impression with efficient and attentive staff in all parts of the hotel. Swift check-in at the reception who also offered us a glass of Prosecco upon arrival. The staff were great from start to end during our stay and took care of all our requests quickly. Our room facing the Canary Wharf was very spacious and clean with a big bathroom with both a shower and a bathtub. We found the room to be very quiet. Even if our room had one comfortable king-size bed and one single bed there was never a space issue. Free wireless internet access with decent speed but only one electricity adapter in the room is insufficient.

Nearby there is a big shopping mall where you'll find anything you need. Very convenient. Getting to the city center is fairly easy either by bus, boat or subway. Taxi to the city center costs about £20. Don't expect to find anything to do in the area after 8 PM. Area around the hotel offers good possibilities for jogging. There is even a jogging map in the room.

Overall the hotel is worth the price and responded fully to our high expectations. It does not give any wow-effect as we had at the Four Seasons in Paris but delivers in all areas and we would definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Thames.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Headon
Thank you for choosing our hotel when you visited London with your family earlier this month.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and thank you so much for your kind comments about the team, which I have shared with everyone this morning. I am also pleased that you enjoyed the room and facilities.

It’s wonderful that you would wish to stay with us again, and I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

LONDON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my friend as a relaxing day and night away. From the moment we entered the hotel our luggage was taken away straight away and sent to our toom, we were escorted to the reception area, our room was ready at 12pm! We went to our room, where 2 glasses of Prosecco was sent to us from the hotel. We then had a massage booked, the masseur collected us from our room and we both had the best full body massage ever!! The view was amazing as well as it overlooked the Thames and Virgin Active pool area. We then went for a walk, it was raining so the lovely concierge gave us umbrellas each. We had a lovely walk by the riverside. We then booked afternoon tea and it was fabulous. The service we received was attentive, polite and they really couldn't doing enough for us. The food was light, and flavoursome. We then went back to our very spacious hotel room, over looking the river and spent the entire night in our very comfortable bed, watching tv, chatting and ordering room service.

This hotel offers the right customer service, they made us feel special and no request to too big or small for them. All staff had a smile on their face, and in turn this made our stay more pleasurable. The hotel itself it very elegant and i would definitely return back here again. The aim of staying here was to relax and we relaxed so much we didn't want to leave!

Room Tip: Ask for an executive room from floor 4 upwards as the view is well worth it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear STRADBROKE
It’s wonderful that you chose to stay with us here at Canary Riverside for a relaxing break with your friend, and I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit.

Thank you for your very kind comments about the service and the team – I have shared your feedback with everybody this morning. Smiles all round!

I am so pleased that you found it to be so relaxing, and I hope you will return again next time you’re ready for some R&R.

In the meantime I wish you a wonderful week ahead.

Warmest regards
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is a great hotel. My wife and I try stay here 1-2 times a year and it is always fantastic. The service is exceptional and the rooms are luxurious. Being able to use the Virgin Active gym which is right next to the hotel is a real bonus as well, although the hotel has its own small fitness suite as well which is pretty good. Can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traveller1762
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Traveller 1762
It’s wonderful to hear that you and your wife stay with us so regularly, and thank you so much for your very kind comments, particularly regarding the service from the team.

We all very much appreciate you choosing our hotel, and I hope you will enjoy more experiences with us during 2013.

In the meantime please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything at all I can do for you.

Sitges, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

At £245 per night, any hotel not in the center of a city should be next to perfect.....and this did come close. The hotel is quite new, the rooms are a great size, the bed is very comfortable and its all very clean. The only gripes about the room are the lack of heating (even after finding the knobs by the desk) and the always on ventilations system that I'm sure would have kept me awake at night if I wasn't so tired. The extra power sockets at the desk were a very thoughtful and useful addition, but why no Euro sockets, only a 110v US in addition to the UK variants?
The big let down was breakfast. Can it possibly be any slower. You've got the service concept all wrong. Busy people don't want to wait 10 minutes to order, then 30 minutes to get their cooked breakfast. A self service buffet is perfectly acceptable even in a 5 start hotel. If customers want an a la carte service, then by all means offer it, but by subjecting all your customers to painfully slow kitchen service (which in one case meant missing breakfast because they were too slow) is a crime and warrants a lower grading. For £245 a night, everything needs to be perfect. Your kitchen lets you down. Shouldn't take too much to fix.

1 Thank Steve B
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear stevejnb
Thank you for your kind comments and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. You were very kind to mention that we came close to being perfect.

I was, however, very sorry to learn of the slow service you experienced at breakfast, and please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and disappointment caused. Freshly prepared food is normally of higher quality than items that are on display. However, we need to get the pace of service right, which I am sorry to say we did not achieve on this occasion.

I would like to make amends for this disappointment, and in this regard, please do contact me directly in order that I can make arrangements for you.

Thank you for writing about us, and I hope to meet you in person in the not too distant future.

Kind regards
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Was here on business: nice, big room, good bathroom too. Rooms very quiet, and great view over the London skyline and Thames. And unlike a lot of London hotels, very friendly and efficient service. Recommended!

Room Tip: Rooms higher up will have a good view.
1 Thank ChrBrd
Dear ChrBrd
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked your room and the view of the river. Thank you also for your very kind comments about the team being friendly and efficient – I have shared this very nice feedback with everyone.

We all hope you will stay with us again next time you are in London.

Warmest regards
Espoo, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed at Four Seasons Canary for two nights during a work trip at the ExCel conference centre. It was a friendly, professional and overall a very smooth stay.

The reception was attentive and professional from my arrival to check-out. I was shown to my room, helped with bags and explained with the services quickly and without any hassle.

I asked for a massage at their SPA, and this was arranged for my checkout day at 11 AM. Without any hesitation they told my checkout can be postponed so that I can return to my room for a while after this. Unfortunately my conference program changed and I had to cancel this. It was not a problem at all, and their concierge was very understanding.

My room booking included the basic breakfast, but the restaurant at the lobby floor was so elegant and friendly I deciced to have an a'la carte breakfast on my own expense. I choose a British breakfast for 16.50 GBP, and it was a nice relaxing moment before a busy conference day.

The room was spacious enough and had both a bath tub and a regular shower. it was clean and well kept except for the wall-to-wall-carpet which seemed grungy and stained.

I was happy there was a complimentary WiFi (wireless network) included. I used it with my laptop and smartphone without any problems. There also was an electry adapter for the common EU standard waiting for in the desk box, and the guy at the reception told they also have adapters for U.S. guests.

I would definitely stay here again if I needed to be nearby. It was around 20 minutes and 13.50 GBP from the ExCel centre. Or around 70 minutes by car from London Heathrow airport.

However, usually I would not see point at staying in Canary Wharf. It's a strange complex of industrial and office buildings, even though there are a few nice restaurants by the river too. I tried a very good steakhouse called Gaucho Canary Wharf just next to hotel which I can recommend too. (I will write a separate review about it.)

Oddly enough, my LHR Taxi Service driver couldn't even find to this hotel without asking a few pedestrians for help.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view on the river from the higher floor.
1 Thank Tero Lehto
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Tero Lehto
Thank you for choosing to stay with us earlier this month when you were attending an event at ExCel.

I very much appreciate you taking time to write such a beautiful review of your experience, and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

You mentioned that you would normally only select this location for work. Perhaps I could persuade you to stay with us on a leisure visit next time. I would love to create a customised weekend experience for you where you would discover all the fabulous aspects of the local area that you didn’t have time to explore during your working trip.

Simply let me know – I’m sure you would love it!

Thank you again and I look forward to meeting you next time you are in the area.