“Lovely hotel & room”

Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel
Ranked #273 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed on a weekend away on a fantastic weekend deal. Such a different experience to busy central London but still so easy to travel around. We had a warm welcome & as we were celebrating our anniversary, we had a lovely message & mini dessert plate in the room on arrival - what a treat! The room even though a standard room was spacious, clean with lovely touches and such a comfortable bed. Love the L'Occitane products in the bath, although only complain was that they did not replenish after the 1st night, so we had to share whatever was left between 2 of us. We will be back.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beachsweets
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Beachsweets
Happy Anniversary!

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your weekend away to celebrate this special occasion, and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the anniversary treats!

I am sorry that we did not replenish the L’Occitane toiletries – we normally do this daily, and I apologise that we missed it on this occasion.

I am delighted that you mentioned that you will return again in the future, and in this respect, please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Excellent stay at the Four Seasons Hotel celebrating our 40 wedding anniversary. They made it in to our won unique experience. The room was large, comfortable and with a stunning view of the Thames. Fine dining and the Sunday brunch was exquisite. Overall the service was excellent and I will highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank A_P099
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear A_P099
Happy Anniversary!

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us in celebration of your wedding anniversary, and I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit.

I very much appreciate your kind comments regarding the service as well as the Sunday lunch. It was a great pleasure to share this with the team.

Thank you for taking the time to write about us, and I hope you will visit us again soon. In the meantime, I wish you a wonderfully happy 41st year of marriage!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Excellent, yet quiet location in Canary Wharf.
Stylish, yet understated room interiors. Large rooms for a London hotel.
The spa and fitness facilities are second to none. The pool is simply divine.
By far better value than the Hilton and Marriott closeby.

Room Tip: Top floor with the quirky half moon windows
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sabine B
It’s wonderful that you enjoyed your stay here with us at Canary Riverside!

I am very pleased that you were able to enjoy the pool and fitness facilities – there’s something very special about those huge windows, right on the banks of the Thames

We all hope you will visit us again soon.

In the meantime enjoy your weekend!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed during a business trip to canary wharf. The hotel is an excellent standard and the rooms were very high quality. I didnt have time to visit the spa but I heard good things. I also didnt have breakfast because I was on a strict timetable. The bedroom was really comfortable and the bathroom was huge. They also provide really good products for use in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view over the wharf.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear SJT2012
Thank you for staying with us while you were here on business earlier this month.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit, and I hope you will stay with us again next time you are in the area. Hopefully you will also have a little more time to enjoy the Spa and leisure facilities – it’s the perfect way to unwind after a busy day !!

Thank you again, and I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

So disappointed with our stay! This hotel is too far from the center of London to be good for vacationers! It's a 25 minute trip by taxi and about 25 pounds every time! VERY inconvenient! The hotel seems more like a Holiday Inn than a Four Seasons. The interiors are basic brown with cheap materials. The carpets had several stains and the rooms seemed shabby and sad. The only thing that had quality was the bed and pillows For a moment I thought that it was going to be a great night, but then the water pipes started clanging and did so for half the night! I choose a Four Seasons to avoid this problem that many smaller hotels in London have.. I went to the concierge desk twice....first time the woman at the desk continued talking on the phone without making eye contact for so long that the doorman came over to see if he could help. The second time, there was no one there at all. The fotos on the website are also missleading! The pool is part of a gym next door, not the hotel. The gym only allows children from 9.00 am to 11.00 am..No fun!
My message is, not all Four Seasons have the quality and wonderful service! Five stars????

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank odanao
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear odanao
I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us earlier this month, and please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment and inconvenience caused.

Needless to say, I would very much welcome the opportunity to make amends for your poor experience, and I have sent a private message to your Tripadvisor mailbox.

Thank you for taking time to let me know of this experience and I do look forward to speaking with you. Feedback of any nature is essential for us to assess if we are meeting our guests’ expectations. Sadly on this occasion this was not the case for which I once again offer my sincere apologies.

Warmest regards

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Just spent 3 nights in this lovely hotel .
We booked 2 nights but because our flights were cancelled due to snow we styed a third .
The hotel took our phone number and kept a watch on our flights and when the flight was cancelled they phoned us to say they had booked us in for another night .fantastic service .
Nothing was too much trouble .all of the staff were exceptional .
Room just lovely .breakfast delicious .even had a phone charger for my husbands antique phone !
Love this place

• Stayed: January 2013
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear neilmaxbartholomew
I’m very glad you made it safely home following all the drama of travel challenges over the past few days!

Thank you for your very kind comments about the team, and I am pleased we kept in touch with you regarding your flights so you could plan accordingly.

We all very much look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us here at Canary Riverside next time you are in London, and hopefully it will be a snow-free experience!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Excellent stay! Staff did everything possible to make stay enjoyable. Upgraded to water view upon arrival, let us get in our room early, as our flight arrived in the AM. Health club was outstanding, beautiful pool, 3 levels of fitness club, hot tubs were amazing! Canary wharf area is fairly new and business oriented, but plenty of shops and restaurants, winding around the Thames, with outdoor seating, safe, quiet at night. Close to tube, which take about 10 mins to town. Rooms were nice sized, plenty of closet and drawer space. Bathrooms were clean and large, with separate tub and shower. Has a US outlet and provides adapters if needed. We are coming back to London in June and will be staying here!

Room Tip: Any water view room. Hotel was very quiet and we were directly across from elevator.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Dear designdane
It’s wonderful that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us earlier this month, and thank you for taking time to write about us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the swimming pool and the other leisure and fitness facilities – it’s one of the most unique pools in London with its floor to ceiling windows right on the banks of the Thames. You may be interested to know that this is the pool that was used in the latest James Bond film, Skyfall (although they put a CGI of Shanghai in the background for the film!).

I see that you will be returning in June – thank you! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything I can do to enhance your visit.

I look forward to seeing you in a few months time.