I stayed at No.11 with my husband for one night after a day trip on the Orient Express British Pullman. The whole purpose of staying in such an expensive hotel was to have a relaxing and luxurious time for a special occasion (my husbands 40th). It's very cosy, we loved the decor and our room (no 006) was very comfortable and VERY peaceful considering it was on the ground floor, and in central London. The room was described as a suite but was really just a reasonable sized room with a large enough table to eat a meal at, and a with very luxurious marble bathroom. The hotel advertises its spa facilities, but these are booked with outside therapists. We had booked a massage and reflexology treatment to finish off our day out and set the mood for a relaxing evening. The therapists arrived at the hotel dead on the time we had booked and we went down to the basement treatment rooms. My treatment room was fine but my husband said his was very basic with no music. Neither of the therapists were qualified to do reflexology so that was a big disappointment as it is my favourite spa treatment so I had to settle for a massage, not wanting to make a fuss and spoil the mood. The treatments were perfectly adequate but it was a real shame that I couldn't have the treatment I had booked.
We ordered breakfast in our room the next morning. First of all they had forgotten our newspaper, then when they brought the breakfast, had forgotten the fruit salad, and they brought about 20 slices of toast and only one tiny square of butter. Our final bugbear was that they had valet-parked our car for us when we arrived but when we checked out we were told no-one was available to collect our car and we had to walk to the car park (a totally separate, NCP-type carpark) which was a few minutes walk away. The total bill, for one night, breakfast, no evening meal but just one club sandwich, bottle of champagne, two spa treatments and car parking came to £800. And of course there was an extra charge on our bill for the breakfast which should not have been there, as it was included in our room tariff. This has happened to us in every posh hotel we have ever stayed in. My advice is - check the bill! I feel the whole experience was let down slightly by the service, from not booking the correct treatment, to having to get up 3 times during breakfast to let the waiter in, to having to collect the car from a car park some distance away. The hotel did not appear at all busy, we barely saw any other residents whilst there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 11 Cadogan Gardens is located just off Sloane Street in the heart of Chelsea, moments away from the designer boutiques of Sloane Street, Kings Road, Harrods and Hyde Park. A member of the internationally recognised brand Small Luxury Hotels of the World, this enchanting urban hideaway is full of character and charm. Originally built as four separate Victorian townhouses by Lord Chelsea in the 19th century, 11 Cadogan Gardens has a unique and rich heritage forming part of the historical Cadogan Estate. 11 Cadogan Gardens is relaunching following a year of extensive renovations and now offers 56 individually designed rooms and suites. Each of the hotel's 25 suites have been individually designed to complement the hotel's unique character, five of which have a private entrance. Contact a member of the team directly to find out more about the room and suite options for your next stay. The hotel's drawing room is a welcoming retreat for guests, with an eclectic mix of warmly toned fabrics and light floral-pattered walls creating a comfortable and cosy atmosphere in which to relax and enjoy our delicious Afternoon Tea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TravelUp, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your 11 Cadogan Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eleven Cadogan Gardens London
- Eleven Cadogan Gardens Hotel London
- 11 Cadogan Gardens London, England