“Charming and luxury with a smile...”
Review of 11 Cadogan Gardens

11 Cadogan Gardens
Ranked #90 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Just back from a weekend away with my wife at this wonderful boutique hotel. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel special and welcome. Unlike the faceless magnolia and glass facades of many modern hotels this had a feeling of entering someone's home with a warm welcome and a willingness to please. Character is something that is distinctly missing today but this place oozes it.

The hotel is perfectly situated to visit the sights of London being only a short walk from Knightsbridge and the Kensington museums.

The marble bathrooms (our room had two) set with freestanding slipper bath and drench shower heads gave a feeling of luxury from a bygone era as did the staircases adorned with delightful painting.

The service from checking in right through to the restaurant was perfect and everything executed with a smile. The perfect weekend which we will be repeating again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DrGr00vy
There are newer reviews for 11 Cadogan Gardens

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I took some business associates to this hotel for the evening and stayed for dinner with 4 rooms. Having stayed in many hotels I was shocked and embarased at the low level of service offered. I booked because the hotel was part of a chain of hotels called Small Luxury Hotels of the World™ and they had also are a nominee for World Luxury Hotels 2014 awards. The minute I emailed before arrival, walked up the steps to the front door, needed anything it was awful. The worst were the bar staff - very rude. No one seemed to have had any customer service training, apart from one or two but overall shocking. The hotel also needs a refurbishment. Its a wonderful building but badly in need of a complete refurbishment. Its rare for me to say I wouldn't go back to a hotel but this one is off my list and that of my associates.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Juliette T
Reviewed January 31, 2014

The location of this hotel was excellent and the staff helpful & very accommodating as I had to ask for a different room due to the building work going on below our window.
The hotel is stylish, elegant and clean .
I have to say bar prices a little extreme even by London standards, almost £13 for a standard glass of white wine , this includes the service charge , which was a shame as the bar area was delightful but we chose to go out & dine in Chelsea. I would recommend however and enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stayed for 2 nights with a friend. We stayed in the Davis suite which was very traditional (although the animal print sofa leaves a lot to be desired!!) Our package included breakfast. The breakfast was beautifully presented which we thoroughly enjoyed, but this was short lived when we were presented with a bill. This was easily rectified with reception but I was disappointed that this was a 5 star hotel & felt it should've been clarified beforehand.
It took me 3 attempts to phone room service. The phone was just ringing out & it was only around 10pm. I ordered some chamomile tea & the staff member that delivered it was quite miserable & made me feel as though I'd disturbed her.
We still enjoyed our stay & you simply cannot fault this hotel for it's fantastic location - perfect for shopping on the Kings Road :)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed in Cadogan N.11 with my brother for 4 nights last week and since the beginning everything was perfect!
Eleonora at the reception welcomed us very warmly! Luigi explained everything about London and gave us very good suggestions (Oysters card was actually a very helpful suggestion and the brasilian restaurant near Piccadilly was super good!!).
the location was amazing, very central and very close to Tube station and bus stops!!
The room was nice and very well cleaned!! wifi worked perfectly!club sandwich served at the bar was delicious!!
I would definitely recommend to my friends!!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Matteo P
Soliman K, General Manager at 11 Cadogan Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review of you stay at No.11. It is great to read that you had a perfect stay. I will pass on your kind words to Luigi, Eleanora and the rest of the team.

I hope to welcome you back to No.11 Cadogan Gardens in the near future.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I was really impressed to see that the hotel acted upon my email with regards to room rates being regulated by them by adding the price promise to the website.

We were upgraded to a suite this was very much appreciated and I was over whelmed! Blair, really looked after us well.

The room service staff were amazing, we did use them a lot over the 3 days!

The hotel rooms were very clean and comfortable was the feedback I had from our guests too. All the staff were brilliant. We especially were looked after by Richie & William who couldn’t have been more helpful!

The drawing room worked very well for our afternoon tea and evening reception and we loved the Christmas tree and fire.

The food was very good, we had an afternoon tea and evening buffet. My only negative comment would be we had an issue with the bar tab where 2 tabs were running, so when the bill came in at the end of the night it was twice the amount we had pre-agreed. I have to say though after a meeting the next morning a compromise was met and everything settled satisfactorily.

Breakfast was delicious and I experienced both a room service breakfast and in the restaurant. The room service breakfast was delivered at the time requested and very nice. The buffet breakfast had lots of choice for both continental and various cooked varieties.

I would definitely recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms were very nice, we had 5 guests staying there. Don't expect great views, this is L...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tarnia N

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to read that the team helped to make your big day a success. I am particularly pleased to read that your price parity issues were addressed when raised.

I hope to welcome you back to No.11 in near future.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I have a few setbacks regarding the hotel, the rooms doesn't look anything like the website photos and room service is a bit of a let down, sometimes things came they we asked and sometimes they forgot a few things. The good thing is that employees are very welcoming, specially the concierges. Emelson was really helpful in helping us out with some urgent matters late at night. always very handy. Richie is always a good lad and very helpful as well. As the title says, the afternoon tea is great and if you happen to come across a very happy girl in the reception, please notice the warm "helloooo" she will give you!

Room Tip: Ask first!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Being a boutique hotel, all our rooms have their own unique character. Unfortunately this means that photographs of all rooms cannot be displayed on the website but I believe that the images displayed do give a true representation of the rooms available. I apologies if you thought this is not the case and I have instructed the team to review the images to ensure that they are accurate. On the other hand, it is great to read that you found the team to be welcoming and had a good afternoon tea.

I hope that I can welcome you back to No.11 Cadogan Gardens in the future.