“charming”
Review of 11 Cadogan Gardens

11 Cadogan Gardens
Ranked #84 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 15, 2013

charming is exactly the right word for this hotel. We requested, and were allocated, a quiet room, although to be fair, there is building work right next door to the hotel so during the day you will hear building noise if you are in your room. Room was comfortable and very quiet during the night.

Service was excellent. We only had breakfast in the hotel, which was very good.

Great location just behind Sloane Square.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

My partner and I stayed for two nights. We found the hotel to be exactly what we expected, Matias the night guy was really charming we were treated courteously and made to feel very welcome. We were in a pleasant room overlooking the garden. The breakfast was just ok! the service was bit slow. The concierge, could not do enough to make our stay everything we wanted it to be. The whole experience was just perfect. Thank you!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Soliman K, General Manager at 11 Cadogan Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Thank you very much for posting such a lovely review of recent stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to No.11 Cadogan Gardens in the future.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We just returned home after a 9 night stay at this hotel and I miss it already! There are so many charming elements to this hotel..from the cleanliness of the rooms, to the chocolate left on your pillow along with the weather report for the next day. The staff is awesome, helpful, and very personable. Our visits to the hotel lounge were so pleasant as the bartender remembered our drink preferences but also made suggestions for new drinks to try. The food in the lounge was very good, and the meals in the restaurant downstairs were spectacular. The common areas of the hotel are very comfortable..a good spot to have a cup of tea. The location is ideal. I can't wait to return!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I've stayed at No.11 Cadogan Gardens several times this year on business whilst in London. It's an area of London that I haven't stayed at in the past 5 years of travelling to the capital on business and I have been so impressed that ever since I first stayed back in May, I have tried to book it every time since. The hotel itself is a mix of Edwardian grandeur and contemporary comforts. I've read some reviews which say that it is a little tired or needs a complete makeover and I wouldn't agree this to be the case. I usually stay in a single room, but with a 3/4 bed. These are smaller than the rooms that are on many websites but in my opinion are ample for a few nights and sufficiently equipped with lovely toiletries in an impressive marble bathroom, have plenty of storage space, great WiFi connection which is free and an ample choice of satellite channels, should you wish to watch the TV.
These are not however, the touches that make me return. What I like most about this hotel is that upon returning they greet you by your name and seem to know what you like. Which room you like, what drinks you like from the bar, touches that really make all the difference and make you feel welcomed and at home when you return. They booked me a taxi and I'd left some personal items in the cab and the manager from the hotel had called me to say that the driver wanted me to call him, before I'd even realised that these were missing.
I am sure that in time they will renovate certain areas of the hotel that aren't standout brand new and modern but I like the velvet, the darker colours and the many unique pieces of antique furniture and paintings because it really fits in with the theme of the place and if you're looking for something a bit different to a modern bedbank where you're just a number in a room and a tab in a bar, then I highly recommend you try this little gem tucked away just off Sloane Square.

Room Tip: single rooms are perfect for the business traveller and are very homely feeling.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This hotel prides itself on being dark and Edwardian with lots of red velvet and brown paint. It's not the cheapest hotel in its category and the room I had was quite charming in a private country house sort of way - huge brown wardrobe, old fashioned bed with sticking out bits that you stub your toes on - but I think the novelty might have worn out after a few nights. Excellent, attentive, attractive staff but not as luxurious as it might be. Very scuffed common parts and lots of chipped paint on the staircase. Could do with an overhaul if it wants to justify circa £300 per night.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We were disappointed in 11 Cadogan Gardens. The photos on their site did not accurately portray the accommodation we were given. The carpet in my room was dirty and the overall feel, including the bathroom, was that the hotel is in need of a complete makeover. The interior of the property was very dark. My colleagues felt the same. To be fair, the staff were all wonderful and the location was fantastic. Perhaps if you book a suite, the accommodation will be of high quality. I won't recommend, nor stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Soliman K, General Manager at 11 Cadogan Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of recent stay with us. I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with us. In regards to your comments I am happy to tell you that a project to upgrade our rooms and suites has just been finalized that will be carried out in 2014. This aside, I am delighted to read your positive feedback regarding the team. I hope that we may welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I met a really close friend at this hotel for a girlie weekend. From getting out of the taxi the staff were there to help you. Bags took to your room,a friend had a beautiful plate of fruit and a bottle of champaign delivered to our room. The hotel is so beautiful and qurkie,very clean with lots of charm. The location is perfect for shopping ,site seeing, and tube station is only a 5min walk a way. I will be coming back again with my darling husband. So thanks again to all the staff for a wonderful stay. P.s the breakfast was so tasty .

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jacky W
Soliman K, General Manager at 11 Cadogan Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a lovely review of your recent stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back with your husband in the near future.