The reason this review comes rather late is because I have been trying to find time to write something that does justice to this incredible hotel (not easy as a working mum of two)...
My husband and I are both owners of a luxury 5 star hotel in Bangkok, and we certainly know a gem when we find one. We stayed at No. 11 Cadogan Gardens during our 3 week trip to France & London during the dates of July 15th-18th.
We had originally booked anonymously via Agoda into a Junior Suite (excellent value for a large room for any capital city) but were so generously upgraded to the Sloane Suite by the GM, Soliman Khaddour, when he did his homework and found out who we were. I cannot thank him enough for his kindness.
The Sloane Suite is nothing less than having your own, ridiculously glam, spacious apartment smack in the centre of a very verdant, quiet nook of London! It is decorated in great taste, touches of black and gold kept light and bright with cream carpeting (we almost died when our kids knocked over my red wine, but housekeeping came right up and had it fresh as new!), plenty of antique black & white old photos of famous artists and stars, plump sofas to cuddle up on after days out walking and the most immense canopy bed which all four of us could comfortably sleep in even though the hotel had kindly set up 2 children's beds in the same room (with loads of space to spare).
Great antique closets, dressers, writing desk, lots of natural light and bay windows looking onto the green gated square. There was enough room for our kids to run about and play without tripping us or each other up even when doing rolley-poleys between the bedroom and the living room! There were also thoughtful touches of adding extra beds for the children, beautiful London story books, gorgeous cuddly toys and Ormonde Jayne bathroom amenities. Room service was delicious and reasonably priced. We loved that the bathroom with huge tub had double sinks and a separate toilet room with strong walk-in shower which doubled up as a guest loo. This suite is larger than any other hotel room we have ever stayed in before. It was such a luxury to feel completely at home, with everything we needed right there and at our doorstep.
The tube is walking distance as are plenty of central bus stops, eateries and a department store. The King's Road with all its shopping and dining is right there too! With small kids, it is so nice to have a proper home to return to on a long, overseas trip. We loved having breakfast every morning at our own table without needing to get dressed and being able to invite friends and family to come visit, play and relax. The décor and furnishings are exquisite, the whole property was divine, we enjoyed our little adventure with the kids exploring the hotel, they loved the staircase and the old lift and what a gem of a gym they have too! The air-conditioning worked quietly and was perfectly cool during the height of summer.
I only wish we had had more time, 3 days were too short. We will most definitely be back
I would also like to mention in particular a few members of staff who made our stay so wonderful:
Harry (butler studying for a Masters degree) - so erudite, approachable and could honestly double up as a top notch concierge for all our Qs & needs!
Fergus (not sure of name now...well-spoken, tall, young blonde British chap at front desk) - super helpful and warm, very professional
The lovely, multi-tasking room service ladies who ran up and downs the stairs to serve us breakfast and dinner, fetching this that and the other
The Deputy Concierge (we didn’t meet the head during our stay), think his name was Mike (?), very chatty and full of ideas.
The caring engineer who helped us ‘deactivate’ Rosie’s noisy Furby!!
Everyone was so helpful and friendly, without being intrusive on our privacy.
We are sure you will enjoy No. 11 Cadogan Gardens as much as we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 11 Cadogan Gardens is located just off Sloane Street in the heart of Chelsea, moments away from the designer boutiques of Sloane Street, Kings Road, Harrods and Hyde Park. A member of the internationally recognised brand Small Luxury Hotels of the World, this enchanting urban hideaway is full of character and charm. Originally built as four separate Victorian townhouses by Lord Chelsea in the 19th century, 11 Cadogan Gardens has a unique and rich heritage forming part of the historical Cadogan Estate. 11 Cadogan Gardens is relaunching following a year of extensive renovations and now offers 56 individually designed rooms and suites. Each of the hotel's 25 suites have been individually designed to complement the hotel's unique character, five of which have a private entrance. Contact a member of the team directly to find out more about the room and suite options for your next stay. The hotel's drawing room is a welcoming retreat for guests, with an eclectic mix of warmly toned fabrics and light floral-pattered walls creating a comfortable and cosy atmosphere in which to relax and enjoy our delicious Afternoon Tea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your 11 Cadogan Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eleven Cadogan Gardens London
- Eleven Cadogan Gardens Hotel London
- 11 Cadogan Gardens London, England