11 Cadogan Gardens
  • Bar/Lounge
The Hari(London)
Cheshams(London)
View Hotel
All reviewssloane squarekings roadsmall luxury hoteldrawing roomhead conciergecharming hotelafternoon teaconcierge staffjunior suitehome from homebirthday treatquiet streetwonderful stayfantastic locationunderground stationlondon hotelchelsea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at 11 Cadogan Gardens for 7 nights. It was a lovely boutique hotel with a lot of history located in a great area for walking and exploring. The absolute very best part of the stay was the Head Concierge Richie. Not only did he go out of his way to make it the best experience ever, he personally took us to one of his favorite pubs on an evening when our other plans fell through. He has a great attitude, is always happy and always ready to help. We could not have been more pleased with the service and staff at this hotel. I personally will guarantee that there isn't a five star hotel on the planet with a better concierge. The service completely negates the little things that other reviewers mention as negatives for the service this hotel provides.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pattyh991
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I had booked this hotel over secret escpaes, in a deluse room, not sure if it was a delexue room or not. Room was quite small but well used space, tv in room and comfy bed, turn down service provided maids did come a little early, but asked them to come back later. Enterance and decor very dark,floor in room was very noisy and can hear other guests arriving in rooms down the corridor. I was on the fourth floor, not much of a view from windows. Heating and air con, slippers and bath products supplied. Bottles water also but no tea and coffee facilities. Each time we arrived we were shown to are room and taken to our roon via lift. Left key behind reception. On check in room was ready before check in time which was a bonus, didnt have breakfast at hotel went out for this. Location situated in a quite area of chelsea, only a 5 min walk if that off the main Kings Road. My tip to anybody just be sure you like the kind of decor, i was little 50/50

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aegh91
Reviewed April 7, 2013

11 Cadogan Gardens was unknown to me until I went there for a friend's recent birthday party and now I cannot recommend it highly enough. It is a very discreet hotel and the red brick exterior belies the surprisingly large and quirky interior. Each section of the hotel is quite diverse but keeping to a very gothic'y theme of dark colours, beautiful furnishings and imposing architectural features. The hotel staff are that perfect mix of professionalism - very attentive but without hovering and nothing seemed too much trouble.

The birthday celebrations kicked off in the bar - this was one of my favourite areas with dramatic use of black panelled walls and red furnishings; we shared champagne and then made our way downstairs to the restaurant. The food, service and dining room were top notch and I would definitely go back again; this place is definitely under-rated as a restaurant option in Knightsbridge.

I would totally recommend exploring this hotel for yourself, it is a delightful find and one which is firmly in my favourite places in London.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is a lovely quirky hotel. The boutique theme is very evident and the shabby chic look is carried throughout the hotel. The concierge Richie is probably the best I have experienced and the staff are excellent, polite, helpful but unobtrusive. Our room 408 was lovely,however we had a problem with the blind, which meant we were unable to close it at night. The two bathrooms were gorgeous but no toilet roll holder in the loo !! Hanging them off the toilet brush is not really adequate, a small but irritating miss there. On the whole this is a lovely venue. Breakfast was delicious, fresh fruit, bread, pastries etc. proper tea. You can walk to Harrods and Harvey Nicks, its a little gem.We would defiantly stay again.

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong really they are all lovely
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Superb location of the hotel. Really must appreciate the old historical feel of the hotel. There was a disappointment as the rooms were not the same as shown in the website.
The carpets need urgent changing as they were stained worse than a 2 star. The bed was comfortable and clean but there was no moving space with the extra bed for my daughter in the room . Supplied toiletries were not adequate for a family . Excellent afternoon tea but had to wait at the breakfast table in the morning... ultimately superb food. Staff very courteous and helpful . Rooms not worth the money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family