11 Cadogan Gardens
$194
$136
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$190
$345
Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$87
Agoda.com
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
$119
$105
The Tower(London)(Great Value!)
$198
$96
  • Restaurant
All reviewssloane squarekings roadsmall luxury hoteldrawing roomhead conciergecharming hotelafternoon teaconcierge staffjunior suitehome from homebirthday treatquiet streetwonderful stayfantastic locationunderground stationlondon hotelchelsea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 12, 2007

I stayed at N11 last week end with my family and some relatives and we all enjoyed it very much. Chelsea is my preferred neighbourhood in London anyway, but this hotel is special since you feel like staying in a real English home. I like the building, the decoration, the linen, their breakfasts in classical English china, and the service. For sure I will go back.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank RosadabrilAlella
Reviewed October 23, 2006

Eleven Cadogan Gardens is like visiting your old rich aunt who leaves in 19th century splendor. The hotel was, in by-gone days, a stately mansion in the middle of the city. Now it houses one of the most sublime experiences to be had in London.
Now, don't expect "corporate hotel" glitz. There is no glitz. Just warm, understated, highly personalized service and comfort.
The staff is invisible - until you need them. They appear with the press of a button. The walls are wood paneling, aged and beautiful. There are old paintings everywhere. The furniture is down-filled and covered in silk damask. But the attention and service are on a par with the finest hotels anywhere.
This is definitely a place I'll return to.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Stanleyps
Reviewed July 18, 2006

We've stayed at 11 Cadogan Gardens every time we visit London, but I was never a member of Trip Advisor before, so this is my first "review". There is no hotel like this one. As others have said in their posts, it is more like coming home to your own palatial London address than staying in a commercial establishment. And for those few who were offended by the "stains" on the rugs and the age of the furnishings--we love the age and beauty of this place. If the carpeting isn't brand new and spanking clean, it's only because so many feet have danced with joy over these floors before ! If you want to experience London as a true Englishman (albeit a wealthy one) rather than a tourist, this is the place.

• Stayed: July 2006
5  Thank londonluv
A TripAdvisor Member
Poland, Warsaw
Reviewed April 27, 2006

stayed there this month and enjoyed very much! all the staff made feel me very welcomed and were very helpful. Big thank you for the night porter for his "discret" service. will be back soon.

• Stayed: April 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 24, 2006

We've stayed everywhere from Claridges to Gore, but nothing compares to Number Eleven. The perfect experience begins when you enter, to find no signs whatsoever that you're in a hotel at all. It's a beautiful 19th century townhouse, beautifully, elegantly decorated. You are greeted by a butler in white uniform, who promptly takes your bags to your room, as if you are the property owner and they were awaiting your return. Suite number 5 is really wonderful, two rooms, quiet, very comfortable bed, elegant and luxurious bathroom. My only complaint is that the sofa is too short to stretch out on. Room service is prompt and proper. I can't say that the restaurant's food is first class, but everything else about the hotel is superb. And here's the topper: the evening after we returned to the states, we got an email from the hotel porter, telling us that they found my wife's wallet, filled with money (with London prices as they are, I can't imagine how she saved a pence!). And they shipped it to us. If you appreciate traditional elegance, fine and discreet service, no pomp and circumstance, no pompous guests with loud parties or egomaniacs with deplorable bodyguards (as I always see at Claridges), this is your place. It is positively our favorite.

• Stayed: January 2006