“Valentines Weekend Fun!”

Eden Plaza Kensington
Ranked #670 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 22, 2011

We booked the hotel to explore London and also go to Twickenham, it's a great location for both! The room was small but we didn't spend any time there so it wasn't an issue just as long as you don't have much luggage. You can hear the busy roads outside which are constantly busy but we expected this as we were in London! It wasn't a problem. The walls are quite thin...
The room looked quite new so it was clean and tidy and this goes for the whole hotel, the staff on reception were there to greet you but I was overly impressed with the customer service.
We didn't have breakfast at the hotel and decided to find some where in London.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 20, 2011

We stayed at the Eden hotel for 5 nights. After reading some negative reviews on tripadvisor we were not sure that we made the right choice. The hotel was recently renovated and i must say that it was good value. Allthough the rooms were very small, the appearance was good and all amenities were present and in working order. The barhroom was also small, but everything you need is there and (very important) everything was very clean and well maintained. Reception was friendly. Hotel appearance overall was good. Situated close to underground line Gloucester road (5 min. Walk) and close to museums, harrods, restaurants etc. Would defenitely come back.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I was very concerned when I read some of the reports just a few days before my planned trip but couldn't cancel because it was a no refund booking. All I can say is that they must have stayed in a different Eden Plaza. I found both the reception and domestic staff extremely courteous and helpful. Staff are very conscious of guest security and, as a woman travelling alone, I had no concerns. The lobby is bright, modern and pleasant and, while the room was not spacious, it was certainly designed for comfort and air conditioning is a real bonus at this price. The bathroom was new and cleverly designed although extra shelf space would be good. I would agree that there is not a lot of storage space but I don't think that the hotel is designed for more than a 2 or 3 night stay. I would certainly recommend this hotel and have already made another reservation

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2011

We stayed at the Eden Plaza early May for 3 nights. Partly because of it's location to the Royal Albert Hall as we were seeing Russell Watson in concert. The hotel is spotlessly clean, our room was refurbished to a high standard. Negative points would be road noise even though the windows were tight shut, next to no storage, whitener instead of milk in the room, and a bar that shuts remarkably early. We got back from the concert at 10.30pm and asked for a drink and were told "you'll have to take it to your room", never happened to me before!!
The staff were polite and helpful. I didn't think the continental breakfast was worth £7.50. We went to the Stanhope Arms round the corner (left at the lights) and got a full english inc toast and coffee for £5.99.
I would probably stay elsewhere if stopping in Kensington again, as I'm not convinced the hotel is worth £119 per night NOT INC BREAKFAST!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Booked well in advance but got the smallest room in the hotel. Stains on the carpet, nowhere to put suitcases, tiny hanging cupboard, no drawers for clothes, cups but no saucers, no fresh milk for morning coffee, only one packet of white creamer, yuck! no chair in the room, (too small) the bathroom was a disaster, couldn't sit on the toilet without bumping you knees against the wall/door, the hand basin was approx. 6" X 12" oblong, my husband couldn't even get his hands into it, the one redeeming thing was the shower, it was a good size, but again no mat to stop you from slipping. No shower cap, and the tiniest bit of soap I have ever seen, had to go out and buy a bar of soap. Beds were comfortable, but again only one pillow.This hotel has no lounge.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2011

Booked a twin room and couldn't believe on arrival that a 'double' room could be so small, it was basically a corridor with two single beds placed top to tail. The room wasn't even 6ft wide. I stayed with my sister who was being admitted to Royal Marsden for an operation the next day and it certainly did not meet our expectations! Being in our fifties it is a long time since we slept top to tail. The walls were flimsy, we could hear the conversation in the next room. The male receptionist was rude and obnoxious on the few occasions we had the misfortune to deal with him. I rang from room and asked for free wifi log in, he refused to give it over the phone and I was already in my pyjamas, he advised the code was impossible to impart by phone so I did without, when I did collect the log in details from reception the next day it could have easily being given over the phone. He seemed to go out of his way to be unhelpful. On checking out I had to leave key on desk as there were four men standing around the desk drinking beer at 11 am in the morning. All in all an unpleasant experience and I was delighted to cut my stay short and move elsewhere despite losing two days hotel payment. I did notice a couple of Premier Inns nearby and recommend anyone wanting to pay these prices to try them, at least you know what you are going to get. The photos do not represent the size of the rooms or bathrooms.

• Stayed: April 2011
4  Thank acj50
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Having booked the Eden Plaza due to it's proximity of family that were staying in London (couldn't get in their hotel as it was full) we booked a double bedded room. Upon arrival I was pleased I didn't take the cat otherwise she would have banged her head when we swung her around!!!

Were given our key to our "double" room to find it was only a queen size bed (4') and one side was against the wall. When I told them it wasn't acceptable the receptionists attitude was "well you have only paid £80 a night if you wanted something bigger you should have gone to another hotel and paid £200".

Eventually we were given a room with a double bed in it but again one side of it was against the wall. Luckily my husband doesn't get up much through the night! However, we did play a tug of war with the duvet all night as it was only just big enough to cover the top of the bed.

The room was noisy as it is on the main Cromwell Road, but it does have the advantage of being just over the road from the Natural History Museum.

Internet is available - but flaky at times.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple