“Excellent hotel Experience”

Ranked #104 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent hotel Experience”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This hotel is superb. Staff are incredibly helpful. The rooms are perfectly cleaned daily and there is great attention to detail. Rooms aren't huge, but are well laid out. It is worthwhile to splurge for the Regency club floors 7-9, as it really adds to the experience. Hotel is just off Oxford street, thus away from the crowds, but very accessible. Classed as London's west end, near Hyde Park.

Room Tip: Ask to view the park
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Crawfordkim
Michael G, General Manager at Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are delighted that you had an ‘excellent hotel experience’ with us and that you enjoyed your ‘perfectly cleaned’ rooms and ‘incredibly helpful’ staff. I am so pleased to read that you also experienced the benefits of our Regency Club and I look forward to passing these kind comments on to the teams. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Michael J. Gray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leicester
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed here as part of a late mystrey hotel deal.

A great hotel Staff super and welcoming, did not eat in resturant so cannot comment but it looked super.

Clean and very tidy the gym was great and clean.

Hotel room was clean and usual size for london 5stars but the view on 4th floor was poor we overlooked the ventilation and coolers. luckly the glazing prevented any bad noise so ensure you upgrade if your after a room with a view!

Room Tip: If you want aview upgrade your room
1 Thank JuandAndy
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. I was delighted to read that you found our staff ‘super and welcoming.’ It is a shame you did not have the chance to try out The Montagu restaurant, but hopefully you will be able to experience this in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This hotel is very well placed at marble arch perfect for a long shopping trip on oxford street, the staff are amazing the rooms are really comfortable, the concierge are really knowledable and helpful. I reccommend upgrading to Regency Club the bathroom ammenties are molton brown (real treat) and the lounge is perfect for nibbles and drinks before a show! It is fairly formal but when you pass celebrities it adds to the magic! Worth the extra money i'm already saving for my next visit.

Room Tip: Pay extra for Regency Club
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael G, General Manager at Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review. I was so delighted to read that it was your ‘Best Hotel Stay Ever!’ We were pleased that you enjoyed and recommended Regency Club too. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 2, 2014

In my view, Four Seasons Hotels are far and way the best properties in the cities in which they are located. However, The Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill rivals the Four Seasons in London and while expensive is usually less expensive than the Four Seasons. I have stayed at this property several times, the last being in late June 2014. Service is outstanding and no matter the interval between stays the staff always remembers me. The Regency Club is excellent - certainly better than most Regency Clubs at other Hyatts. This is a hotel with a great location, comfortable and well equipped rooms (some can be on the small side), well maintained and an excellent staff. If I had a complaint it would be that the fitness center is small and there is no spa, but this is a hotel I will return to time and again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank PHDMAD
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are so pleased that you had a great stay at our ‘top hotel’ and that you enjoyed our ‘excellent staff’, ‘well equipped rooms’ and ‘great location.’ We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This hotel was great and all, but for the price I expected better. Truth be told I used free night awards, so I didn't actually pay anything, but still. This is supposed to be a very high end place, but I've stayed at many hotels that cost half the price that were "better."

I have no real complaints, to be honest, other than that checking in was a bit of a drag. Our room wasn't available and the front desk people didn't seem to be too interested in getting my very young children into a room quickly. She offered me an upgraded room immediately, if only I was willing to pay an extra $1500. I thought she was making a joke, but she wasn't. She told me to come back in an hour otherwise. I came back in 30 minutes and she said the room still wasn't ready. I came back 15 minutes later, and another guy made jokes about how I came back too soon, insinuating I was being impatient, which I was. Anyways he did find a room, so I guess I waited long enough!

The people were nice. The room wasn't big, but it was adequate and clean. We didn't eat at the restaurant. The concierge let us into the private park outside. The location is pretty good. There are some nice places to go nearby, such as the Wallace House and quite a few Parks. We walked to the London Eye and Buckingham Palace, although some people might have thought the walk was too much.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank petesperl
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am sorry to hear that you found our check-in process slow and that your room was not available when you first arrived. We are pleased that you did find out location ‘pretty good’ and that you were able to visit some of London’s landmarks and attractions. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Sacramento, CA
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Our last stay 2 years ago was wonderful. This one was as well. Again we stayed in a suite with a terrace overlooking Portman Square park. It's not overly large, but is two rooms separated by a louvered door. The service is exceptional at every point of contact. They can't do enough for you. Our only slight disappointment was with the Regency Club where the evening appetizer offerings seemed meager and they had no dry vermouth for a Martini.

The hotel is in a great location, with the Marble Arch tube station and bus stops being only 3 short blocks away. A number of very good pubs for dinner are located within a few blocks walk.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Portman Square are desirable.
1 Thank JIMCHI
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review and for titling it ‘An outstanding Hotel in a Great Location.’ I was delighted to read that you had a ‘wonderful’ stay in your suite and that you enjoyed our ‘exceptional’ service. Our ‘Churchill Martini’ that you tasted in the Regency Club lounge was actually inspired by Sir Winston himself who liked to see the vermouth on the bar, but did not want it in his drink. Each time the bar team create this specific cocktail they ensure to follow these steps.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Great location, comfortable stay, nice service... Couldn't ask for more! It was really convenient for my husband and I that the room offered us two spots for getting ready. We enjoyed the perks of the "Club" level and the service that was offered in the club level each morning and night at breakfast and "happy hour". Highly recommend!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found it ‘comfortable’ with ‘nice service’ and a ‘great location.’ It was great to read that you also enjoyed the amenities that our Regency Club offers. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Michael J. Gray,