“Good experience”

Ranked #107 of 1,090 Hotels in London
Bronshoej, Denmark
“Good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

The staff at the hotel is amazing, and both the location and the rooms are very good. Located near Hyde Park and Marble Arch underground station so you are close to everything. The rooms are very nice and the bed is really good. WIFI is limited bandwidth unless you pay extra but unless you are streaming video it's fast enough. Weekend breakfast is expensive but very, very good!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael G, General Manager at Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this kind review. We are delighted that you had a ‘good experience’ and you found our staff ‘amazing’ with both very good location and rooms. We very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Michael J. Gray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

We had two meals here and each one was amazingly good. The first one was an evening meal with friends; kindly their treat so no idea of the cost.
The second one was Sunday Brunch. We seemed to have endless champagne. Good job we were walking home! The standard of the selection of foods was excellent and so was the service. If I won millions on the Lottery, I would live in this hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I was so delighted to read that you had two ‘amazingly good’ meals at The Montagu restaurant in the hotel and were able to experience our Sunday Champagne Brunch. We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Nicosia, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

I am a regular visitor and I greatly recommend this hotel. It is only two minutes walking distance from the oxford street. As most of the times I am a solo traveller in London, the security is at a high level and the staff really friendly. However, the cherry on the cake is the breakfast! I worth-visiting five star hotel in the heart of the city!

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review as well as your loyalty to the hotel and recommendation to others. We are delighted that you find us ‘The Best Hotel in Town’ and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

The London Churchill hotel is in a great part of London, close to many attractions as well as Paddington train station. It is an upscale Hyatt property that is very pleasant and the service is fantastic! The one thing that really drew my attention was a portrait of the Queen behind the front desk - she had her eyes closed! I don't know if that was a Royal sanctioned portrait or not but it was very interesting.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I was delighted to read that you found our hotel to be an ‘upscale property that is very pleasant and service is fantastic.’ I am also so pleased that you enjoyed our picture ‘Lightness of Being’ by Chris Levine that hangs behind our reception desk! It certainly is a popular talking point for our guests. In 2004 British artist Chris Levine was commissioned by the Island of Jersey to create a portrait of The Queen to commemorate 800 years of allegiance to the crown. He took over 10,000 images of Her Majesty during two sittings in order to make a holographic portrait. During this lengthy process The Queen rested by closing her eyes, and Levine photographed her in this rarely seen state. She has indeed seen it and very much likes it.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Washington DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

The hotel tries to impress with a very proactive service, staff very well trained, but the rooms demonstrate what is wrong with the old style chain hotels that still want to charge top dollars for your stay. The room I had was big enough but the closet space is small and there was no room for my folded shirts anywhere. I had to put them on top of the biggest piece of furniture, which is the minibar (not sure how many people really use those, not me). The safe inside the closet was built in sideways so that it was impossible to read the instructions on the door (too dark inside the closet). The provide a flashlight but unfortunately in my case it didn't work. Bathroom: do we still have to stand up in a bathtub to take a shower? In a luxury hotel?
Gladly they offer a handheld soft shower head, so flooding can be avoided. The room was smelling a little stuffy, had the window open all the time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Andreas S
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I was pleased to read that you found the hotel ‘very proactive’ and the staff ‘very well trained’. I am disappointed to hear that you did not feel there was enough storage space for your shirts and to hear that you were unable to read the instructions on the room safe. I will certainly discuss this with our teams here to ensure that these issues are resolved.

We hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Plano, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

I had two club rooms for two nights, and found the check-in process to be extremely friendly but a bit chaotic. I had to go to the 8th floor to check-in, where you're then seated and walked through the paperwork. I was worried about my bags, so then had to go back down to the ground floor to check on them. I'm just wondering if it wouldn't be easier to have the "private check-in" on the ground floor. There are two lounges, but I found them to be very crowded (just as with airline lounges, you want to get away from the noise), and the quality of the snacks was lacking. For breakfast in the lounge, the selection of cereals was limited compared to other hotels in London. However, the rooms were bright, airy, and extremely clean. The bathroom products from Molton Brown are wonderful, but the bathroom itself is dated (tub instead of shower, and chipped paint in some places).

The concierge desk deserves special praise because they were extremely helpful (for example, I needed a large box and they brought several out within minutes! They were still too small so they directed me to a nearby shop).

Overall, I would stay here again because of the excellent staff and location (close to Hyde Park and the major shopping areas). It's a quite area next to a park, but close enough to major tube stops, restaurants, and shopping.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank CCR_NBO
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review and titling it ‘great staff and very good location.’ I very much look forward to passing on your ‘special praise’ about our concierge team here at the hotel. I was delighted to read that you found them ‘extremely helpful.’ We are pleased that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and I have noted your comments about the Regency Club check-in.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Limassol, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Stayed for 4 nights in May attending a conference. The Hotel has an excellent location for shopaholics and is very comfortable, smart and efficient for business travelers.
Reception staff very hospitable and concierge are top quality. Bedrooms are good size and well equipped and the Regency Club lounge on the 8th Floor is very useful for a quick breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write this very kind review and titling it ‘Smart & Efficient London Hotel.’ I was delighted to read that you were pleased with our ‘hospitable’ and ‘top quality’ staff and I look forward to passing these comments on to the teams. We very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.