“Excellent Hotel”

Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill
Ranked #112 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed at the Churchill for four nights after visiting Africa.
Having stayed here on several occasions before, it did not disappoint .

Location is perfect, close to Oxford Street and the London "Tube" stations

Service was excellent, our rooms, while not large, was adequate and turn down service was very competent.

The whole team of associates at this hotel are focused on making your stay as relaxed and comfortable as possible.

The only negative would be the price of breakfast.
I find that £28.00 pounds for a full English Breakfast a bit over the top.
Especially when you can walk down the street and have the same breakfast for £5.00

Apart from that a great hotel to stay at when you vibist London.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael G, General Manager at Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review after your stay. I was delighted to read that ‘we did not disappoint’ and that you were made to feel as ‘relaxed and comfortable’ as possible. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I loved this hotel. I will be planning all my stays in London right here from now on :) The location is unbeatable. A two minute walk and you're right in the middle of Oxford Street. The staff is very friendly, helpful, quick to welcome and serve you. Be it at the front desk or the restaurants. They do go the length of making sure your stay is just as great as it should be. Their Club Rooms are spacious and clean. They boast warm colours, AMAZINGLY comfortable bedding and are very well serviced. The food is delicious. I tried their Breakfast Buffet and their In Room Dining. Nothing short of sumptuous coupled with great service. They also have free WiFi everywhere around the hotel as well as in the rooms. That's something i look for in a hotel. Thanks to everyone that works at this hotel. My stay was such a fantastic one that it has become my favourite hotel destination in London. I will be bringing family with me next time and will definitely recommend it to everyone I know. Keep up the good work :) Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review and titling it ‘Perfect Location, Great Hotel.’ It is great to read that you enjoyed everything from the front desk to the restaurants and that you enjoyed our complimentary Wi-Fi. I was delighted to read that you will be returning to the hotel in the future and we very much look forward to welcoming you when you do.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I met my Mum and two daughters for afternoon tea on the Friday before Mother's Day. We had a the lovely greeting off the Doorman, a warm welcome inside and just when we thought it couldn't get any better, an evening lovelier welcome from the staff at the restaurant!

We were a little early, so tables were pushed together for us to sit together, our shopping and coats taken from us and put into the cloakroom and a welcome jug of water brought to our table so we could refresh before afternoon tea started.

We were shown to our table when ready and given menus. I had booked an offer through afternoontea.co.uk for champagne afternoon tea. However, my girls were delighted to find out that also applied to the sex and the city afternoon tea!

We ordered two traditional and two sex and the city teas and both were exquisite. Freshly made sandwiches and brioche rolls on the traditional with freshly made burgers and hotdogs on the satc. When we had eaten it, we were offered refills, free of charge, of which my girls took great advantage of, they absolutely loved the burgers and hotdogs! Mum and I loved the brioche filled with egg mayonnaise, so light and fluffy, yum!

The scones and cakes were amazing on both teas, and so much, we couldn't finish everything. Mum tried the flirtini cocktail jellies of the satc tea and promptly ate them both!

Service was impeccable, the staff were attentive, yet made us feel very relaxed and nothing was too much trouble.

I would certainly book again, it was a lovely all round experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review after enjoying afternoon tea at The Montagu restaurant in the hotel. I was delighted to read that you felt relaxed and looked after throughout your afternoon tea experience and that you enjoyed both the Champagne and SATC Afternoon Teas. I very much look forward to passing these comments on to the teams here. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

General Manager.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our 4 days at the Churchill, the hotel is in a wonderful location near tube stations and in walking distance to Marks and Spencer and many, many stores - we actually asked for an upgrade to the club floor and were told it would cost us almost $100 US dollars per day, in the states we usually get upgraded for free so that wasn't what we expected - the room was perfectly quiet and had a really good stay - the concierge staff was wonderful and had so many great ideas and options for us - we would definitely stay at this hotel again the next time we are in London

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this kind review and titling it ‘Excellent hotel and in a perfect location.’ I am delighted to pass your kind comments regarding the concierge staff to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Me & my hubby spent a weekend at the Churchill for our joint fiftieth birthdays and we had a lovely time. Our room was comfortable & overlooked the square. Our bed was comfy & the shower was hot...oh & there was Sky footie on the telly!!! Room service and the restaurant are to be commended too. Breakfast was outstanding..there was everything you could ask for, the staff were courteous & helpful. We have no complaints with this hotel.

Stayed: April 2014

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this kind review and titling it ‘relaxing place to stay.’ We are delighted that you both enjoyed your birthday celebrations at the hotel and you found the room ‘comfortable’ with a nice view over Portman Square. I look forward to passing your kind comments regarding our restaurant and breakfast choice to the teams. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Generally I was very happy and would recommend this hotel.

The staff are very gracious and efficient (and I would single out Jennifer at the Concierge desk for a special mention) and the location is superb being just a very short walk from Oxford street (near Marble Arch).

Local restaurants are very good in the top end and many mid-range ones are nearby. The hotel is also a few minutes walk from Edgeware Road and all that has to offer (inlcuding medium sized Tesco and Waitrose).

I used the Bar to meet friends on a number of occasions and the staff are very attentive. I also dined at Locanda Locatelli (inside the hotel) and the food and service were excellent.

I had a club junior suite which was, generally well appointed. The desk is easy to use for work for long hours.

Internet is fast – even the free service (do not bother paying)

My criticisms are:

1. the wardrobe in the junior suite is very small and badly positioned behind the bathroom door. No room to set up a suitcase in the bedroom either.
2. there are two lounges at Club level – “kids” and “no kids”. We were not made aware of this separation and spent a few occasions in the noisy lounge
3. £25.00 minimum charge at the Bar if you wish to sit on the terrace. Go figure
4. water pressure in the shower in weak at best (but the plumbing did otherwise work and did not make death sounds throughout the night – no doubt an achievement for most older hotels in the UK)
5. NO BUSINESS CENTRE. There are two laptops set up at a high table in the lobby with an antiquated printer attached. The printer did not work, so I had to ask Concierge to print a number of documents. There also seemed to be one chap who spent the better part of the day on one of the laptops, using the space as his personal office. Hyatt should recognise that business people want and need a functioning business centre, not just a couple of laptops to surf the internet.
6. Laundry prices outrageous - £9.00 for a shirt to be laundered. Better off buying new one on Oxford Street! But, I guess this rate is a standard for London hotels.
7. The gym. Very small. Few machines. On the plus side – most of the time I was the only person there

I still intend to go back

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank afxdes

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are pleased that you found our staff ‘gracious and efficient’ and I very much look forward to passing your kind comment about Jennifer to the teams. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience at the bar and also in Locanda Locatelli. We appreciate your feedback on some aspects of the hotel and I will ensure to discuss these points with the teams. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

My family recently had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. It's well-located between the Marble Arch and Bond St. Tube stations, with clean rooms and updated amenities and a very nice cocktail bar themed around the life of Winston Churchill. All the staff we interacted with were very friendly and accommodating. Having said this, I'm not sure how the hotel justifies marketing itself as a 5-star property. But at the equivalent of $400/night, there just isn't anything particularly luxurious or outstanding about it. It's a solid 4-star hotel, and a good value if you can take advantage of package pricing or points.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank BillMcDChicago

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I was pleased to read that your family enjoyed their stay at our hotel and that your found our Churchill Bar & Terrace ‘very nice’, the hotel ‘well located’ and the rooms clean with ‘updated amenities’. We hope to welcome you back again soon.