Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill
Home House(London)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
2,566 results
All reviewsportman squareclub floormontagu restaurantlocanda locatellimarble archclose to oxford streethyde parkbond streettwo blocksconcierge deskexcellent locationwest endcentral locationafternoon teatube stationselfridgeslounge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our 4 days at the Churchill, the hotel is in a wonderful location near tube stations and in walking distance to Marks and Spencer and many, many stores - we actually asked for an upgrade to the club floor and were told it would cost us almost $100 US dollars per day, in the states we usually get upgraded for free so that wasn't what we expected - the room was perfectly quiet and had a really good stay - the concierge staff was wonderful and had so many great ideas and options for us - we would definitely stay at this hotel again the next time we are in London

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael G, General Manager at Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this kind review and titling it ‘Excellent hotel and in a perfect location.’ I am delighted to pass your kind comments regarding the concierge staff to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Me & my hubby spent a weekend at the Churchill for our joint fiftieth birthdays and we had a lovely time. Our room was comfortable & overlooked the square. Our bed was comfy & the shower was hot...oh & there was Sky footie on the telly!!! Room service and the restaurant are to be commended too. Breakfast was outstanding..there was everything you could ask for, the staff were courteous & helpful. We have no complaints with this hotel.

Stayed: April 2014

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this kind review and titling it ‘relaxing place to stay.’ We are delighted that you both enjoyed your birthday celebrations at the hotel and you found the room ‘comfortable’ with a nice view over Portman Square. I look forward to passing your kind comments regarding our restaurant and breakfast choice to the teams. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Generally I was very happy and would recommend this hotel.

The staff are very gracious and efficient (and I would single out Jennifer at the Concierge desk for a special mention) and the location is superb being just a very short walk from Oxford street (near Marble Arch).

Local restaurants are very good in the top end and many mid-range ones are nearby. The hotel is also a few minutes walk from Edgeware Road and all that has to offer (inlcuding medium sized Tesco and Waitrose).

I used the Bar to meet friends on a number of occasions and the staff are very attentive. I also dined at Locanda Locatelli (inside the hotel) and the food and service were excellent.

I had a club junior suite which was, generally well appointed. The desk is easy to use for work for long hours.

Internet is fast – even the free service (do not bother paying)

My criticisms are:

1. the wardrobe in the junior suite is very small and badly positioned behind the bathroom door. No room to set up a suitcase in the bedroom either.
2. there are two lounges at Club level – “kids” and “no kids”. We were not made aware of this separation and spent a few occasions in the noisy lounge
3. £25.00 minimum charge at the Bar if you wish to sit on the terrace. Go figure
4. water pressure in the shower in weak at best (but the plumbing did otherwise work and did not make death sounds throughout the night – no doubt an achievement for most older hotels in the UK)
5. NO BUSINESS CENTRE. There are two laptops set up at a high table in the lobby with an antiquated printer attached. The printer did not work, so I had to ask Concierge to print a number of documents. There also seemed to be one chap who spent the better part of the day on one of the laptops, using the space as his personal office. Hyatt should recognise that business people want and need a functioning business centre, not just a couple of laptops to surf the internet.
6. Laundry prices outrageous - £9.00 for a shirt to be laundered. Better off buying new one on Oxford Street! But, I guess this rate is a standard for London hotels.
7. The gym. Very small. Few machines. On the plus side – most of the time I was the only person there

I still intend to go back

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank afxdes

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are pleased that you found our staff ‘gracious and efficient’ and I very much look forward to passing your kind comment about Jennifer to the teams. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience at the bar and also in Locanda Locatelli. We appreciate your feedback on some aspects of the hotel and I will ensure to discuss these points with the teams. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

My family recently had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. It's well-located between the Marble Arch and Bond St. Tube stations, with clean rooms and updated amenities and a very nice cocktail bar themed around the life of Winston Churchill. All the staff we interacted with were very friendly and accommodating. Having said this, I'm not sure how the hotel justifies marketing itself as a 5-star property. But at the equivalent of $400/night, there just isn't anything particularly luxurious or outstanding about it. It's a solid 4-star hotel, and a good value if you can take advantage of package pricing or points.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank BillMcDChicago

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I was pleased to read that your family enjoyed their stay at our hotel and that your found our Churchill Bar & Terrace ‘very nice’, the hotel ‘well located’ and the rooms clean with ‘updated amenities’. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I recently stayed there for 10 days on business. The location is superb. Right off Oxford street, just a few blocks from BOnd St Tube. The place is excellent. Larger property, decent sized, larger rooms, great technology, wifi is poor like most London hotels. (use a wire). TV limited in channels. The lobby has some restaurant and bar service, but they always seem to be hosting live music. Piano, horns, etc. FAR too loud to sit and eat, have a conversation etc. I didn't really eat there, or even eat room service. I would goto Marks and Spencer at Oxford St, or Selfridges Food court and buy fresh salads and meals to take to room to eat. Cheaper and far healthier.
2 blocks from Hyde Park so plenty of outdoor running potential. 8th floor has a Hyatt Preferred guest lounge, with daily breakfast and evening snacks. Limited free bar. Worth it.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review and titling it a ‘Fantastic London Hotel.’ I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our location and found our property excellent with ‘larger rooms’ and ‘great technology.’ We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.