“Amazing”

Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill
Ranked #113 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This was my first time ever staying at a Hyatt and I loved it. The rooms are spacious with great shower heads that allow you to control the pressure of the water and the beds are very comfortable. What I loved about this hotel was that you could borrow things from them like a yoga mat or iphone charger. They also have American outlets as well as UK ones. This hotel is located about 2 blocks away from all the shopping at Oxford street. The front desk was very friendly but the super stars I encountered where at the concierge desk. Kim, Jenny and Zahil were so friendly and very helpful. They would ask me about my day out and always remembered me. All three of them made me feel very special. I would definitely get a room with breakfast. Breakfast was perfect and I never missed a day of it. They had eggs, sausages, cold cuts, cheese, pastries and you could even order pancakes or French toast from a waiter. Frances at breakfast was so friendly and helpful. The staff and the rooms are amazing here. I only wished that they had a mini gift shop or store.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Michael G, General Manager at Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this kind review and titling it ‘Amazing’. We are delighted that you very much enjoyed your first stay at Hyatt. I was pleased to read that you found it useful to be able to borrow items that you needed including the charger and yoga mat. I very much look forward to passing you kind comments about Kim, Jenny, Zahil and Frances, to them and the teams. We very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Michael J. Gray

Write a ReviewReviews (2,505)

Reviewed March 12, 2014

It has a very welcoming ambience that made for a comfortable stay. Location was excellent too, the windows oversee the Portman Park. Internet was a bit wonky however. Nevertheless a good stay, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this kind review. We are pleased that you enjoyed our ‘welcoming ambience’ and had a ‘comfortable stay’. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I was in Europe on business and had a 24 hour layover in London so I decided to use points and stay at The Churchill. I frequently travel to London and usually stay away from the big chain hotels. Although this hotel is very large (takes up a whole block in Marlybone area), I didn't feel like just another number. The front desk staff was very welcoming and greeted me by name every time I stopped by. The room was very small but lovely - clean and modern, bright and airy. I had requested a "quiet" room as sometimes the London street noises can be disturbing. My room was on the 5th floor overlooking the back of the hotel and I didn't have any disturbances. Overall, it was a lovely stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel if you want to be in this northern area of London. Keep in mind that it is only accessible by the Central line on the tube so a taxi from Paddington station is an extra cost if you are coming in from the airport and take the Heathrow Express.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room towards the back of the hotel if you are bothered by street noises.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review. I was delighted to read that you found us 'welcoming' and that you enjoyed your peaceful room. We are pleased that you had a 'lovely' stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Churchill -- I used to stay here years ago when it was an Intercontinental, I believe. The room was nice. The gym was OK. Room service was good. Location was convenient for my client. I was offered club access if I paid for it -- I am Platinum but not a Diamond. So, I can't comment on the club.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for writing this review after your recent stay. I was pleased to read that you ‘enjoyed’ your stay and you liked your room and room service. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed here for a night in a classic room (it was far bigger than I'd feared, easily enough room to swing a few cats). Fantastic staff, brilliant room service (poached eggs for breakfast, beautifully done).

Would love to stay again soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review and titling it ‘wonderful stay- even better location! Highly Recommend’. I look forward to passing you kind comments regarding our ‘fantastic staff and brilliant room service’ on to the teams. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Stayed here for two days, had a nice room with the usual comforts, nothing lacking. Staff great as always.

Noticed that if your to have breakfast at the club floor, you ideally can't eat at the restaurant downstairs, not an issue however as the club floor is peaceful with great service

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this kind review. We are delighted that you had a ‘great stay as always.’ I look forward to passing your kind comments on to the teams. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed in a junior suite on the club floor. Service and room excellent. Lounge access including breakfast and food/drinks provided a nice haven.
We love being near Marylebone High Street which is great for small, interesting, restaurants and cafes. Hotel is also very close to Oxford Street.

The gym is disappointing - just a room with some treadmills in it - but Regents Park is half-a-mile away and a very popular place for running/walking.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed the location and found our ‘service and room excellent.’ We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.