“A top quality hotel which is faultless.”

Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill
Ranked #106 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“A top quality hotel which is faultless.”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed on the 25th January. The staff were excellent in particular the concierge desk – who were all extremely helpful as were the staff in the Executive Lounge. We will use this hotel again without hesitation

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael G, General Manager at Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review and titling it ‘A top quality hotel which is faultless.’ I was delighted to read that you found our staff ‘excellent’ and all ‘extremely helpful.’ We very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Michael J. Gray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed at the Churchill for 5 nights excellent service fabulous breakfast. Dinner not pretentious but good quality. Housekeeping needs more attention to details so that you do not have to call for missing items all the time.

On Portman Square a few minutes walk to Oxford street perfect for shopping and west end entertainment.

Room Tip: Although double glazed ask for rooms away from Air Conditioning equipment
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the ‘excellent service’ and your ‘fabulous breakfast.’ I would like to apologise for the missing items in your room but we do hope we are able to welcome you back again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This is the first time i have ever written a review but i think that people should be aware my Hyatt Churchill experience.
I am staying in Hyatt properties for about 60-70 days a year all over the world and it has always been a great place to stay.
However, Hyatt Churchill has ruined everything, i had to cancel all my future reservations( was planning to stay for two more weeks) and to change it for Hyatt Andaz.
Why:
walls are thin, its very nosy, you can hear people in the room next door. There are always people outside your room, cleaning, talking and making all kind of noises that don't let you to sleep or to work.
The worse part of my stay at this property are the people who are working at the Churchill bar and terrace. I have never met such unprofessional arrogant services in my life.
After staying here for more than a week and spending every day money on drinks food etc, they still manage to be stupid enough and to approach me with the statement that i can not drink my tee outside on the terrace because the minimum spend per person has to be 25 pound!
While i have spend more than 70 pound a couple of hours before when i had my pre-dinner drinks in the very same bar.
Unprofessional, money making, disrespectful and not clever people! You should recognise your good clients and be flexible and respectful! I did spend 150 pounds on drinks at the very same day because i was so embarrassed in front of my friends that i bought drinks for everybody, but you have lost me as a long term staying client at this property!!! Never, Hyatt Churchill anymore for me! Guys, go to Andaz, where young, friendly and specially professional people are working.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
9 Thank Vera B
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I apologise for the upset and inconvenience caused by the shortfalls in our service to you and I am sorry that they contrived to spoil your stay. I am however, delighted to hear from our guest service manager that you are coming back to stay with us and we look forward to demonstrating to you the care and attention that we always drive to achieve.

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

A very good high end hotel with excellent service. The rooms are really nice and the ones to the front look out over the square. All the staff were very efficient food was good and the in room tv service includes Sky sports.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this kind review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our ‘very good high end hotel with excellent service’ and that you found our staff ‘very efficient.’ We very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Please never visit this horrible hotel.
The cleaning standard is 2 star level, overall service standard is so poor. The attendants at each departments are the worst experience ever. The club lounge food was horrible and as a diamond tier member( My wife), the amenities and services were so bad. I lost my sunglasses in the room, no one paid any attnetion, the management must be playing Golf not checking the standard of services. We visited 5 times, we lost few items from the room, no one paid any attentions. No more we will go to this hotel. Guest Service attendants never got back to us about the lost items, and this hotel must check by the Hyatt group as never visited such horrible Hyatt brand in the world.

Hotel manager doesnt care so as General Manager if they really exist. Do not travel there as you will waste your time and lose valuable itesm.

Room Tip: Just do not travel to this hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank ivo01
Michael G, General Manager at Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
I was extremely concerned to read the review about your recent stay. The shortfall in service is inexcusable and certainly does not live up to the high levels that we strive towards. I would very much welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you further, as such I would be grateful if you could contact me on feedback.hr@hyatt.com.

Baltimore, MD
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Our family of five had a wonderful stay in two suites on the club level from December 26 to the 30th, 2013. We used Hyatt points to upgrade our rooms and found this to be an exceptional value. The club level service during the 7-11 breakfast and 5:30 - 7:30 cocktail hour was outstanding. Welcoming, attentive staff members constantly circulated to offer exceptional service. A partial list of the breakfast selection included fresh fruit, muffins, scrambled eggs, meats and cheese, juices and granola. The evening cocktail hour featured wines and proseco along with delicious hot and cold hors d'oeuvres. Beer, coffee, juices, and water were available throughout the day.

We had a suite on the ninth floor while our three boys stayed on the eighth. The eighth floor suite seemed recently renovated with a nicer shower and bathroom than our room. The rooms were quite spacious, nicely appointed, and quiet. The Molton Brown bath products were a treat.

We have traveled extensively in Europe and found this Hyatt to be an excellent value with outstanding service. We look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Consider a spacious 8th floor suite on the club level floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Michael G, General Manager at Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this kind review and saying that our club Level is ‘Fit for a Prime Minister’. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the club floor lounge and its amenities and that you found us to be ‘excellent value with outstanding service.’ We very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

What shall I say. I came unexpected with family. Concierge was good (tnx Jennifer) and check in was great.

Ok they forgot my birthday can happen but shouldn't happen in a 5star hotel and esp for hyatt gold passport platinum or higher members ... esp when I was traveling a lot in Hyatt's last year.

Otherwise location is great, staff as said friendly and it is more or less clean. Beds are a bit chewing gums and the rooms have the typical carpet style you often see in the UK.

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank dude2009
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are delighted that you chose to come to the hotel with your family. I very much look forward to passing your kind comments on about the staff and Jennifer from concierge. We are however sincerely sorry for forgetting your birthday during your stay. We do hope we are able to welcome you back again in the near future.