“Long weekend in London”

Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill
Ranked #114 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed in early July for Coronation Festival with family staying in a suite and a club room. Friendly ,professional and efficient check in,exemplary service from all staff throughout. Food excellent and if you feel like going out to eat there are many bars and restaurants nearby as well as excellent shopping.(daughters were wowed by trip to nearby Selfridges food hall ) Thank you to all The Churchill Hyatt for a great trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Michael G, General Manager at Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this very kind review after your ‘long weekend in London.’ I look forward to passing on your thanks and comments regarding our ‘exemplary service’ to our teams here. It’s great to read that you enjoyed the food and I am pleased you all found the nearby shops ‘excellent.’

We look forward to welcoming you all back here again in the future.

Michael J. Gray

Write a ReviewReviews (2,525)

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed with my family at the Churchill several times over the last 3-4 years. Always look forward to returning. Hotel takes great care to handle all details whether its theater tickets or how to get somewhere on the tube. They even lend you umbrellas at lobby if required. Specially recommend upgrading to Concierge level floors. It's a true bargain given the access to two lounges open 24 hrs and which serve complimentary hot English breakfast, afternoon tea and early evening hot canapés, wines, proseco, etc.

• Stayed: June 2013

Firstly, I would like to sincerely thank you for your loyalty to our Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you ‘always look forward to returning.’ We are so pleased that you enjoy our ‘great location, excellent service and impeccable facilities.’ I certainly pass your kind comments on to our teams here at the Hotel. We very much look forward to welcoming you back here again in the near future.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had a weekend break at The Churchill for my husbands birthday. Check in was very quick
and although we were early, a room was ready for us. very nice overlooking the square and gardens.

We were going to eat at Covent Garden but due to the weather we returned to the hotel on Saturday evening to eat in the Montague - very good indeed. Service, food and ambience all good and very relaxing.

Breakfast was great, although my husband had an issue with the tea being far too strong (a serious matter for a tea drinker) - a jug of hot water brought to the table, to allow for individual taste, would sort that out though.

All in all a very nice weekend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are so pleased that you had a ‘very nice weekend’ for the Birthday celebration! I am delighted to read that you had the opportunity to try out, and enjoy the food, service and ambience at The Montagu and that you found check-in smooth. I will be sure to pass on the comments regarding the tea to the restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back here again in the future,

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

The service exceeded our expectation and helped us enjoy our first time in London. It was located conviently near a tube stop, bond, Oxford street, and the marble arch. It was in great walking distance to everything. If you are in the Hyatt members club, the regency club was very nice. The concierge was extremely helpful and kind. Their recomondations were great. We arrived early into London and our suite wasnt ready yet so the conceirge gave us a temporary room to rest in so we didn't have to wait in the lobby. I highly recommend this hotel if you are traveling to London in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Lfm978
Michael G, General Manager at Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

I am so grateful that you took the time to write this review. We are delighted that you ‘had a great experience’ on your ‘first time in London’. I will certainly share your kind comments with our team. We are so pleased you found the location convenient and you were able to visit many different areas during your stay. We are looking forward to welcoming you back here in the future upon another trip to London.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights in our first time in London, the location is great its very close to the central line Marble Arch, two blocks from Oxford St,and 5 minutes from Paddington Station.
The food in the restaurant "The Montagu", delicious and the service was impeccable.
I highly recommend staying here, I can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your first time in London at our ‘great hotel’. I am so pleased to read your comments about The Montagu restaurant and the service and I will be delighted to pass them on to the relevant teams.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on vacation and were really happy with the service, cleanliness, and all around atmosphere of The Churchhill. In addition, the location of The Churchhill is great - it's very close to the central line Marble Arch tube station which makes it easy to get around the city. I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I am delighted to read that you had a ‘great stay’. I am so pleased that you were ‘really happy’ with our service, cleanliness and the ‘all around atmosphere’ at our hotel. We hope you enjoyed visiting the city and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed here for a night and cashed in some hyatt hotel points, so the room was free. It was a great stay, and we also got upgraded as we've been staying in Hyatt hotels quite a bit. The upgraded room was stunning and had 2 separate toilets - which is a first for a hotel room that I've stayed in!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

We would like to thank you for writing this review and titling it as ‘great hotel and service’. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your upgraded room and I am delighted that you had a ‘great stay’ here with us.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back here in the future.