This is a great hotel location for London attractions with clean and very nice rooms, however the attitude to the guests leaves a lot to be desired. There is a general rip off mentality for food and drinks. An example is the early closing of the cafe area, (on a Saturday night just as two huge events in town had finished) so that customers had to walk and fetch their own drinks from the Churchill bar next door...a small point, but at $10 for a small Heineken, insult was added to injury by the automated addition of 12.5% service charge. (for going and getting your own drinks) After asking for this "discretionary" to be removed I was ignored.
This was just an example of staff being a little too aloof....I felt we were an imposition.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of the West End, with views over Portman Square, this five-star hotel is perfectly placed for London’s main shopping areas and tourist attractions. Each of the hotel’s well-appointed guest rooms and suites offer extreme comfort in elegant surroundings. Guests can enjoy European ‘comfort’ food in The Montagu, award-winning Italian cuisine at Locanda Locatelli and cocktails in The Churchill Bar. This luxurious hotel offers the highest levels of standards and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill Hotel London
- Hyatt London The Churchill
- Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill England