“Stayed here a few times and liked it” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill

Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill
Ranked #106 of 1,080 Hotels in London
“Stayed here a few times and liked it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed here a few times when I am out with mates. It is centrally located and you can get to most places with a short taxi ride. The breakfast is great in the morning. Can comment on the restaurant in the evening as we are always out in bars or restaurants. The rooms are good quality.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattRegencyLondon, General Manager at Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thanks a lot for your kind feedback and we appreciate your loyalty to Hyatt Regency London – The Churchill. We are proud of our fantastic West end location and easy access to all areas within London. We hope during your next visit, we are able to welcome you at our brand new Churchill Bar and Terrace which opened in November.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Michael J. Gray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights and were very pleased. We arrived around noon on a Saturday and were able to check in right away. Throughout our stay, the hotel was busy, but the staff was welcoming and helpful. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and modern. Our room overlooked the small park. As a Hyatt platinum member, we were given complimentary (fast) internet access. The hotel is located close to Oxford Street, which is convenient for shopping. We ordered room service twice and would recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nyctraveljunkies
Thank you very much for your great comments. It was a pleasure to read your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay to the fullest.

We hope you will visit again soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed here on points right after my fiance and I got engaged. Upgraded to a suite with a bottle of champagne and a congratulatory cake waiting for us. Wonderful staff, wonderful hotel, wonderful location, wonderful city! Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattRegencyLondon, General Manager at Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
First of all congratulations to your engagement again! We really appreciated that you choose our hotel to celebrate this great event and we are delighted that you enjoyed our surprise to you.

We look forward to seeing you again soon as Mr & Mrs.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

My boyfriend arrived a day before I did for work and I followed shortly after and decided to take a shuttle from the airport to the Marble Arch bus stop which I was told was near the Hotel and only cost 13 pounds from Luton airport. Well it sure was and to be specific this hotel is close to 2 metro stops (Marble Arch and Bond Street) and the 48 hour hop on hop off tour bus starting point. I was in tourist paradise!

The room was very modern and we stayed in 732 which overlooked the park.

I'm embarrassed to say that I had a preconceived notion that the locals may be a bit cold and stand offish but am so happy to say how wrong I was. Every employee and local we encountered were so friendly and full of advice on what to do and see in the city. One thing that really impressed me was that in my rush to pack I somehow managed to forget my charger for my ipad. The great thing is that they offer charging stations in the lobby where you can just walk up and plug in for a quick boost. I tried the docking station on my second night but my ipad seemed a bit finicky and I was approached by an employee named Waris who noticed I was having some trouble and came over to help. He too found that it wasn't working and told me he would get a wall charger for me and returned 5 minutes later and while I had a glass of wine and an appetizer my ipad charged.

Well the next day I returned again and asked another employee for the wall charger for the ipad and they gave me a funny look and told me that Waris was there and could help me again. When I asked him why the other employee didn't know where the wall charger was he told me that he had run down to his locker and gotten his personal charger for me to use and asked me to wait 5 minutes so he could grab it again. I just thought that was really going above and beyond!!!

Our stay there was fantastic and we really enjoyed being so close to metro stations, parks, shopping and there's even shisha restaurants 2 streets over that made this so much fun for us.

Room Tip: 732 overlooks the park across the street
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
On behalf of the entire team of the hotel and myself, I would like to thank you for the great comments, I am happy to hear that we succeeded in making your visit ‘incredible’. Furthermore I will pass on your kind comments to Waris.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hyatt Regency London – The Churchill soon.

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

We booked the club level for a week-end with the family and it has proven a very good choice. We arrived early and as the rooms were not yet available they kindly invited us for a breakfast. Check-in personnel were extremely caring and made sure we got the requested communicating rooms for the family. Rooms are the usual Hyatt standard, not so exciting but quiet, very comfortable and with all needed amenities. For a shopping w-e in London, the hotel is ideally located, a few meters away from Selfridges and 10 minutes walk to Regent street. Doorman and concierge were very helpful and have a lot of good tips for shopping and eating. A great place in London!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind compliments. It is great to hear that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay in our Regency Club rooms. It was a pleasure to have you and your family with us and we hope to welcome you back soon to The Churchill.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

From arrival to departure - the hotel staff paid attention to all details of a business traveler. Prompt responses to requests at the Montagu restaurant where the all day dining cafe offered excellent continental and american breakfast choices. The pastries and homemade museli are not to be missed.

The hotel had an excellent location - just walking distance away from the shopping district which proved to be an attractive selling point even for business travelers. The club on the 8th floor is also one of the best I have seen, nice and quiet corner for a morning read and for ad hoc meetings with my business partners.

The rooms are comfortably size and offered very swift and top notch internet connection. The service offered by the concierge for a first trip to London I must say, is one of the best I have seen so far among luxury 5 star chains - be sure to look out for Gerard.

Excellent hotel with top notched service! I will be sure to return.

Room Tip: Choose the club room - absolutely worth every penny!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
On behalf of the entire team of the hotel and myself, I would like to thank you for the great comments, we are all delighted to hear that we succeeded in making your visit ‘outstanding’ starting from your arrival. We have passed on your kind comments to Gerard and we hope to welcome you back to the Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill soon.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

As a Diamond Passport member of Hyatts loyalty scheme I spend a lot of time in Hyatts clearly. Typically in Asia in Singapore ,Hong Kong,Jakarta etc but have to say of all of them London's Churchill remains my favourite till now. I have been staying here since they moved from the Carlton Towers property which I also frequented monthly.The front desk staff are very pleasant and helpful as are the staff on the concierge desk who never fail to meet a request for information or assistance and always seem to do so with humour and good naturedly. Rooms are typical London hotel rooms ie not spacious but certainly adequate and always immaculately clean and presented and have to say I sleep better here than any other Hyatt for some reason. The Club floor is a refuge from the hustle and bustle and a good place to wind down at the end of a day so well worth the upgrade if you need it. My only minor niggle was that on the last trip the Churchill Bar was closed for remodeling which is a shame as it was always one of the best traditional bars in town.Now it seems it will become a champagne bar as if London needed yet another one but I am assured some of the elements of the old bar will be saved so let's see.Food outlets are of a high standard but the lounge is just too small so you can easily find yourself wanting for a table mid-afternoon which is a shame as tea here is another great relaxation.One last comment,the front office staff seem to change very frequently which maybe says something about the Churchill's retention abilities.Shame,some of them ar fantastic.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
It was a pleasure to read your comments and we are very proud to hear that we are your ‘favourite’ Hyatt Hotel from all you have visited. Thank you very much and it is always nice to hear that our team left a positive impression during your frequent stay. We appreciate all your feedback and we look forward to introducing you to our brand new Churchill Bar & Terrace which has been designed with a young Winston Churchill and his beloved wife Clementine in mind. The design recognises, by way of contemporary touches, references to Churchill’s life in photography and art, in love and lifestyle and in travel and animals. You can enjoy classic cocktails, fine wines from the great Maisons and artisanal producers and a selection of cigars for smoking on the terrace. We hope you will love it as much as we do.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards