“Fantástico!!”

Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill
Ranked #110 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed over the summer with the family and we had a wonderful time, the hotel is amazing, staff is very friendly, Gerard the concierge is brilliant, very helpful and nice guy. I can't wait to come back!!! I absolutely loved the hotel, great location, very very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,456)

Reviewed October 29, 2012

The London Churchill is one of my favorite hotels in London. The 1st time we took my kids to London we stayed there and they have fond memories. We went there last month as my husband’s niece was playing in a Jazz Band in London. We upgraded to a suite using points. Our room was not ready when we got there so we had breakfast in the club. It was as wonderful as we remembered it. This is our 4th stay at this hotel. The room was ready shortly after we finished breakfast and a after couple of pots of tea. The hotel was completely booked because it had been fashion week there. The service was excellent. We loved the club especially because they have one for adults only. We currently have reservations there for early January and cannot wait because the Churchill Bar will be open again!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good but if you can upgrade with points to a suite
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were 4 girls celebrating our 50th Birthdays and reserved our rooms several months in advance, getting a very good rate indeed. Before arrival a text message asked if anything was needed during the stay. Upon arrival we were wished Happy Birthday at the front desk,and then upgraded to the Executive floor. We had access to the Executive Lounge which was perfect after a hard day walking around London. Just before heading out for the night we had a birthday cake and bottle of champagne delivered one of the rooms. Breakfast the next morning was lovely with excellent service. The hotel could not have been better. We really had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank NettyPoole
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is a great hotel for doing business in north, of central london. The hotel is modern and very comfortable, the standard rooms are not large but have all the essentials and are very well laid out. Bonus here is that they have USA voltage so no need for adapters . The breakfast is really the best choice I have ever had in a business hotel. The staff are very helpful and the hotel is spotless. Selfridges and Oxford street are just around the corner. Highly recommend

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at back for a silent nights sleep
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Booked this hotel for an18th birthday treat for our son for a weekend away in London. It certainly lived up to its 5 star rating. Beautifully appointed, staff all welcoming and appreciative of our custom. As there were 5in our party, we arranged to have an additional bed in one of the rooms. Experience indicates this is likely to be an ancient, flimsy camp style bed but here ..no. It had a substantial wooden frame with a proper mattress. So good sleep for us all.
I can't comment on the food as we chose to go round the corner to The Hungry Goat for breakfast, which was excellent and reasonably priced.
Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sue D
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have stayed at many Hyatt Hotels (over 200 nights in 2010) and booked this hotel for our UK vacation using points. We had an issue with our room at check in, but the staff resolved it quickly. The staff we interacted with provided outstanding customer service. The location, just off of Oxford St, was perfect. We were able to quickly move around the area or hop on the tube. The room was nice, the beds comfortable; just what you expect from a Hyatt Regency. The Churchill Bar, on the property, was a great place to unwind after a busy day.

My only knock is the Hyatt puts this property as a Class 6 hotel. I have stayed at the Park Hyatt in Washington DC and Chicago, and I think those hotels are superior to this one. That said, I would stay here again, if I were going to pay. If I were using points, I would stay at the Andaz on Liverpool Street.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is the closest Hyatt to the US Embassy. Rooms are very nice size. Food and beverage service here was excellent as was the staff. The only issue I had here was that I was not afforded the ability to not only get an upgrade to a Regency floor room but also not given a pass to the Regency Club given that I am a Hyatt Platinum member. I also had to have my room changed from 2nd to 5th floor do to remodeling being done on the first floor adjacent to one of the finest Italian restaurants in the city in the Hyatt. Hotel is located very close to Hyde Park and exclusive Grosvenor section.

We wanted theater tickets so I asked the girl at ticket desk what she could do for 4 tickets to Billy Elliott. She got 4 seats, 3rd row center. Wow! What a great show and worth every dollar.

Room Tip: All rooms have two sets of windows so rooms on the front and side streets are still very quiet. Ther...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple