Cadogan Hotel
The Levin(London)
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I have to agree with another reviewer about the afternoon tea!! I have never had such bad afternoon tea in London!! I've had afternoon teas at Claridges/Ritz/Dorchester/The Connaught and even Wolseley where they only charged 23gbp per head and they all offer refills of sandwiches/scones/pastries. I was shocked when I asked for another plate of sandwiches the waiter said he had to check and then came back and said they had no more sandwiches!!!??!??! Clearly he went to check and realised we booked a Special Deal on the internet with a glass of champagne so didn't want to give us more. The 'manager' woman was also really rude and impolite. Not professional at all. Her attitude was not something I would expect from a 5-star hotel! In fact, the hotel doesn't seem 5-star to me at all. All the staff seem a bit snobbish to me.. just because the location is Knighsbrige? I live in Mayfair.. so don't treat me like I'm some lower class people coming to experience afternoon tea and wanting free sandwiches. It's only because I have had so many afternoon teas in London already and I thought I would experience The Cadogan because never heard about them/their afternoon tea before (now I know why!!)

The Drawing Room was cosy and the hotel is an excellent location that's why I gave 2 stars... that's it really! Please stay away from this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank MegBo
Cadogan9, General Manager at Cadogan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am terribly sorry you did not have a positive experience with us at The Cadogan. Please email me (sfitzgerald@thecadogan.com) so that I can try to rectify this.

Kind regards,

Samantha Fitzgerald

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I go to London every year for the London Book Fair, and have for the last three years stayed at the Cadogan. It is beautiful and old and well-appointed and luxurious, and I look forward to my visit each time. The staff is professional and friendly and the breakfast is to die for--so elegant, so delicious, so well served. Staying there makes me feel like a king. I can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Jonathan G
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I invited my mother and her friend for a Champagne afternoon tea at the Cadogan. The setting was nice, but presentation of finger sandwiches and pastries not as good as at some other 5-star hotels in London.

The worst part was the "manager", a young woman who completely lacked tact and was quite rude. Perhaps because we asked for another plate of finger sandwiches as we preferred those to the heavy sweet pastries, which weren't of great quality. She said she "would try her best" to get us a few more (they serve afternoon tea all afternoon and it was only 3pm). Then she showed up with a plate and nearly threw them on the table, didn't look at us and said: "Here, if you want more you'll have to pay!". We have never had such rude service anywhere in London, let alone at a 5-star hotel. Yes, we had booked through an offer that was a good deal and included Champagne. I would have been happy to pay more, but not with service that pedestrian.

We won't go back, even if the setting was nice and relaxing. For the same price you can experience much better afternoon teas at top hotels around Hyde Park.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Schnubi

Dear Guest,

Kind regards,

Samantha Fitzgerald

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Booked a 5* hotel for two nights in Knightsbridge...Had a lovely afternoon champagne cream tea as part of the package. Full English Breakfasts very nice too...well placed in Knightsbridge near to Harrods and all the designer shops. But, extremely disappointed with our so called 5* suite...it was up in the rafters, room 503. It was obviously at some point an attic like room...very tiny and the bathroom was a joke...you had to go up a flight of awkward little steps (Not good when you need the loo during the night or after a drink or two)it was a s big as a cupboard, it had a shower cubicle and sink with a nearly unusable toilet because of an overhanging boxed in beam. If you stood up you would bang your head! Bed was comfortable...carpets ect., very shabby and dated. Will say in its defence the food was nice. 5* it wasn't though! If I had paid £750 the going rate for that room I would have been so disappointed we were lucky we got an Amazon half price deal...it still wasn't worth £369...had better stays in a Premier Inn!

Room Tip: Stay off the top floor!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Heather A
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I took my wife for a well deserved nights break and stayed at the cadogan. On check in we were greeted by very polite and helpful staff who checked us in and took us to our room. The room was very clean and spacious. The only downside of the room was that there wasn't any tea or coffee making facilities. We had a lovely night out in London and a great nights sleep. The breakfast in the morning was very nice with a good range and a full English breakfast. On the whole, even though the break was short, it was a very pleasant stay. We would definitely book again

• Stayed: March 2014